Sent my FOID app in today, what's the turn around? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sent my FOID app in today, what's the turn around?

oldsmith
01-22-2007, 19:04
I'm hoping it doesn't get kicked back. All I had was Ronald Reagan stamps. :)

Oh, how I hate this state. Better than the UK I suppose.

Jd10mm
01-23-2007, 09:00
Well i sent mine in the first week of December and still haven't received my card yet. I called on Friday and all they told me was I should have mine in the next month .

:shocked:

MakeMineA10mm
01-23-2007, 23:55
I sent in my wife's and mine (mine was a renewal, her's a first-time issue) on December 10 and got both of them back on January 10. Fastest turn-around time I ever remember.

On another note: The cards are of a new and very different format now. I like them better. More tamper-resistant.

isp2605
01-24-2007, 00:02
During hunting season is the worst time to send in a FOID app. Folks never think of checking their cards until it gets fall, then there's a major influx of apps which really backlogs the system.

Egyas
01-24-2007, 09:09
Originally posted by isp2605
During hunting season is the worst time to send in a FOID app. Folks never think of checking their cards until it gets fall, then there's a major influx of apps which really backlogs the system.

That's what happened to me. I sent in my renewal, but it has not returned yet. If mine expires while I'm awaiting the renewal, but my wife's is still valid, are we still covered as long as they don't leave the house?

isp2605
01-24-2007, 09:32
Originally posted by Egyas
That's what happened to me. I sent in my renewal, but it has not returned yet. If mine expires while I'm awaiting the renewal, but my wife's is still valid, are we still covered as long as they don't leave the house?
You should be fine as long as hers is valid too.
When did you send your renewal in? If you sent it in more than a couple of months ago you might want to give them a call and see when it will be processed. 217-782-7980. They should be catching up from the fall rush. They can tell you where your card is at in the system.

Egyas
01-24-2007, 09:43
Originally posted by isp2605
You should be fine as long as hers is valid too.
When did you send your renewal in? If you sent it in more than a couple of months ago you might want to give them a call and see when it will be processed. 217-782-7980. They should be catching up from the fall rush. They can tell you where your card is at in the system.

Sent it in about a week ago. :embarassed:

P+P
02-03-2007, 18:27
(430 ILCS 65/5) (from Ch. 38, par. 83‑5)
Sec. 5. The Department of State Police shall either approve or deny all applications within 30 days from the date they are received, and every applicant found qualified pursuant to Section 8 of this Act by the Department shall be entitled to a Firearm Owner's Identification Card upon the payment of a $5 fee. $3 of each fee derived from the issuance of Firearm Owner's Identification Cards, or renewals thereof, shall be deposited in the Wildlife and Fish Fund in the State Treasury; $1 of such fee shall be deposited in the State Police Services Fund and $1 of such fee shall be deposited in the Firearm Owner's Notification Fund. Monies in the Firearm Owner's Notification Fund shall be used exclusively to pay for the cost of sending notices of expiration of Firearm Owner's Identification Cards under Section 13.2 of this Act. Excess monies in the Firearm Owner's Notification Fund shall be used to ensure the prompt and efficient processing of applications received under Section 4 of this Act.
(Source: P.A. 94‑353, eff. 7‑29‑05.)

Here is the law :rofl:

P+P
02-03-2007, 18:49
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs3.asp?ActID=1657&ChapAct=430_ILCS_65/&ChapterID=39&ChapterName=PUBLIC+SAFETY&ActName=Firearm+Owners+Identification+Card+Act.
:tongueout:

OhioLibertarian
02-03-2007, 19:16
FOIDs are a bunch of BS....
You should work on trying to get that law changed in a major way...

If Buckeye Firearms and PRO can lobby to get rid of Ohio's open carry in cars rule, surely a huge coordinated effort can help get rid of a FOID.

Do you have to have an ID to run a type writer or to stand on the street with a sign?

P+P
02-03-2007, 19:24
http://www.isra.org/

Check out the sheeeet that's set to hit the fan on 2/14/07 the FOID card is not my first concern at this point...

4TS&W
02-03-2007, 19:48
Originally posted by P+P
http://www.isra.org/

Check out the sheeeet that's set to hit the fan on 2/14/07 the FOID card is not my first concern at this point...

you mean 2/12.

:shocked:

MakeMineA10mm
02-03-2007, 22:12
Got a more-direct link to the particular "thing" that's happening on 02-12-07? Didn't see a thing after looking through several pages on the site...

P+P
02-03-2007, 22:26
The law provides for imprisonment up to 6 months, fines, and confiscation and destruction of the enumerated weapons. Owners of such firearms or large capacity magazines have until February 12, 2007 to either remove the affected guns and remove any large capacity magazines from Cook County or surrender them to the police for destruction.

I stand corrected it's the 12th , alot of people seem to think this ban is going state wide .. I hope not .....

oldsmith
02-04-2007, 14:29
Originally posted by MakeMineA10mm
Got a more-direct link to the particular "thing" that's happening on 02-12-07? Didn't see a thing after looking through several pages on the site...

This is all I could find about the 12th. Just the Cook ban effective date.

Effective November 14, 2006, a Cook County gun ban Ordinance criminalizes the otherwise lawful possession of many common firearms and large capacity magazines. The law provides for imprisonment up to 6 months, fines, and confiscation and destruction of the enumerated weapons. Owners of such firearms or large capacity magazines have until February 12, 2007 to either remove the affected guns and remove any large capacity magazines from Cook County or surrender them to the police for destruction.

oldsmith
02-17-2007, 20:24
I got it on the 12th.