Ssg Walter Villanueva, Pa [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ssg Walter Villanueva, Pa

royal glockster
01-23-2007, 05:22
I was driving this morning when i heard this news over the radio. An army detachment commander at Murcia, Negros Occidental accidentally shot himself with his M16 rifle. How??? Here's the story: Sgt. Villanueva was doing his usual "dry run" with comrades holding their rifles, then he fell and accidentally pulled the trigger, the muzzle then was pointed at his jaw in which the 5.56mm exited through his head. This resulted to his immediate death.. :sad:

I know that soldiers always have their rifles "loaded" but my question is, "is it really the practice of our soldiers to have their trigger finger inside the trigger guard??" I suppose that kung hindi nya sana pinasok ang trigger finger, buhay pa sana sya ngayon.. :upeyes:

My condolence to family of SSG Villanueva..

toxic
01-23-2007, 05:31
briefly saw a segment sa news last night , natisod or nadapa yata..

condolence to the family.

asian_glockster
01-23-2007, 05:34
Looks like suicide (I HOPE NOT!!!)....

or

While running, from standing position going to prone position, they usually use the rifle butt as a buffer in order to absorb the shock...

Only a thorough investigation will tell us what really happened..

My condolences to the family of SSg Villanueva

MRV_G17
01-23-2007, 05:40
my condolence to the family.

normally naman hindi loaded ang chamber, magazine insert lang (con#3). During my P2Lt training at Fort Bonifacio, I never saw any of our master sgt load their M16s in chamber but I know all MPs at the gates do load the chamber but locked.

Kiddo
01-23-2007, 07:09
Aside from fingers off the trigger and outside the triggerguard, diba soldiers are taught to only flick of the safety when they are pointing their rifles towards a threat and ready to fire na and not while they are still manneuvering and not ready to fire?

revo
01-23-2007, 07:29
Sounds fishy to me. Suicide or murder.

Allegra
01-23-2007, 07:59
Originally posted by royal glockster
I was driving this morning when i heard this news over the radio. An army detachment commander at Murcia, Negros Occidental accidentally shot himself with his M16 rifle. How??? Here's the story: Sgt. Villanueva was doing his usual "dry run" with comrades holding their rifles, then he fell and accidentally pulled the trigger, the muzzle then was pointed at his jaw in which the 5.56mm exited through his head. This resulted to his immediate death.. :sad:

I know that soldiers always have their rifles "loaded" but my question is, "is it really the practice of our soldiers to have their trigger finger inside the trigger guard??" I suppose that kung hindi nya sana pinasok ang trigger finger, buhay pa sana sya ngayon.. :upeyes:

My condolence to family of SSG Villanueva..

Come to think of it , if I didnt have my @#$%^ finger inside my pistol's trigger guard , hindi sana ako na DQ ng 7 beses :)

syet happens

chowchow
01-23-2007, 08:41
Mukhang murder.

emac
01-23-2007, 18:18
ganito lang yan mga pare......pag ang script kasi ay ganyan, possible na makakuha ng claims, benefits,insurance ang kanyang family.

pero kapag suicide.....walang makukuhang claims... kaya always ang declaration ay ganyan...:upeyes:

wingz
01-24-2007, 03:27
Originally posted by emac
ganito lang yan mga pare......pag ang script kasi ay ganyan, possible na makakuha ng claims, benefits,insurance ang kanyang family.

pero kapag suicide.....walang makukuhang claims... kaya always ang declaration ay ganyan...:upeyes:

Possible. Just like those stories about Filipino seamen who committed suicides by throwing their selves overboard, the other crew/officers lalo na kung kabayan, will try to cover-up it up to look as it is an accident para makakuha ng claims ang naiwang family ng namatay. My condolences to the family.

chowchow
01-24-2007, 04:45
Sounds like a kababayan spirit LOL>
Mga lumang building pinasunog intentionally so insured n aman din, di patayo nang bago.

saki1611
01-24-2007, 07:12
IMHO, accident is possible since an M16 rifle and other models alike has a floating firing pin. the firing pin has no safety block and could possibly hit the ammo inside the chamber with just an impact, possible from the butt.

royal glockster
01-24-2007, 09:25
Huh!? na DQ ka rin Master Allegra? kala ko ako lang, hehe. It happened during the MIke Defensor Cup at Camp Karingal, my 2nd IPSC game actually. First stage, i draw my pistol and ran towards the first string of target boards. I "point shoot" the first board (not aimed fire) then....bang!! nagulat talaga ako..the RO ordered me to stop, nakita nya kasi gumalaw balikat ko sa gulat (syempre kabado baguhan eh), hehe. He ruled it an AD, i protested kasi downrange naman ang direction but to no avail dahil IPSC sanctioned match daw. Huhuhuhu! :sad: my first DQ, i paid Php 500.00 registration fee for a 1 shot game, hehehe. Lesson learned, no point shooting and wag ipakita sa RO na nagulat ka sa 1st shot, continue lang ang laro until such time the RO will order you to stop..:supergrin:

9MX
01-24-2007, 10:03
Huhuhuhu! :sad: my first DQ,

Don't be sad! Welcome to the distinguished BOG DQ Club. Hindi komo't BOG, kasali sa exclusive club na ito:supergrin:

Here are the members

Allegra
Taurus
gundog
jasonub
Mark "the spark" Ho
pogi
royal glockster

naku may namiss ata ako, baka magtampo:tongueout:

Allegra
01-24-2007, 15:52
Huh!? na DQ ka rin Master Allegra? kala ko ako lang, hehe. It happened during the MIke Defensor Cup at Camp Karingal, my 2nd IPSC game actually. First stage, i draw my pistol and ran towards the first string of target boards. I "point shoot" the first board (not aimed fire) then....bang!! nagulat talaga ako..the RO ordered me to stop, nakita nya kasi gumalaw balikat ko sa gulat (syempre kabado baguhan eh), hehe. He ruled it an AD, i protested kasi downrange naman ang direction but to no avail dahil IPSC sanctioned match daw. Huhuhuhu! :sad: my first DQ, i paid Php 500.00 registration fee for a 1 shot game, hehehe. Lesson learned, no point shooting and wag ipakita sa RO na nagulat ka sa 1st shot, continue lang ang laro until such time the RO will order you to stop..:supergrin:

Sakit ko pag sa change mag , pag naunahan ng thumb ko sa mag release yung trigger finger ko makalabas ng trigger guard , involuntary kumakalabit yung trigger finger
Di makuha sa dryfire , so bahala na......ayun 7x and still counting hehe

Eye Cutter
01-24-2007, 16:20
Don't be sad! Welcome to the distinguished BOG DQ Club. Hindi komo't BOG, kasali sa exclusive club na ito

Here are the members

Allegra
Taurus
gundog
jasonub
Mark "the spark" Ho
pogi
royal glockster

naku may namiss ata ako, baka magtampo

oist bakit wala ka dyan??? magagalit si alex sa iyo niyan! eto pa ibang members ng dq club...

one_eye_kirat
el lavandero
9mx
Eye Cutter
:supergrin:

9MX
01-24-2007, 17:34
Originally posted by Eye Cutter

oist bakit wala ka dyan??? magagalit si alex sa iyo niyan! eto pa ibang members ng dq club...

one_eye_kirat
el lavandero
9mx
Eye Cutter
:supergrin:

ay oo nga pala, i was suppose to put my name pero i got sleepy and sloppy.

ang lufet kasi ng 24 s06 ep 5, diba joji?:thumbsup: