Commendation - Condemnation [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Commendation - Condemnation

pogi
01-23-2007, 16:28
While we, BOGs, try to arm ourselves with technical and detailed expertise on a chosen endeavour and reach out to be informative to each one...this may serve as reference point.

Let this be the thread to spread the:
1. COMMENDATION for the GOOD, SATISFACTORY, PLEASANT or POSITIVE doings, works, services, actuations...etc. of A PERSON, GROUP or ENTITY.
2. CONDEMNATION for the ERRONEOUS, UNSATISFACTORY, UNSAVORY, UNPLEASANT, NEGATIVE doings, works, services, actuations...etc. of A PERSON, GROUP or ENTITY.

LET'S SPREAD THE GOOD, AS WELL AS THE BAD, NEWS!!!
Para bagang...PRE, ANG GALING MO! Ikakalat ko sa kapwa ko BOGs ang kagalingan mo.
OR...UNGAS KANG BATA KA! Sana kunin ka na ni LORD!

CAUTION:
So as us NOT to be slapped with LIBEL suits, YOU MAY WANT to mention name(s) of the COMMENDEE and I beg you, NOT THAT OF THE CONDEMNEE!!!(puede nyo i-PM or i-text)

COMMENDATION:
I bank with METROBANK (Katipunan & West Avenue branches). In these branches, tellers and account coordinators spell out friendly and smiling faces everytime (don't know with other branches). System is GREAT!
Pagpasok mo, bibigyan ka ng number ng guard and just wait until your number is called for or flashed in the screen-tapos turn mo na to be served. AT HABANG NAGHIHINTAY KA...NAKA-UPO KA! (sa West Avenue nga, may pa-candy pa)
They have tellers to cater to IN HOUSE ACCOUNTS and 1 or 2 to facilitate OTHER BRANCHES ACCOUNTS. VERY SYSTEMATIC !!!
This, mainly, is the reason why this bank is now number 1 or number 2.

CONDEMNATION:
THE EXACT OPPOSITE!!!
This bank lets you STAND THERE IN QUEUE for as long as they sweetly take their time to serve clients.
Go to any branch of this bank on a MONDAY. WHEW! SUSUMPUNGIN KA NG SAKIT NG ARTHRITIS MO...SA TAGAL MONG NAKATAYO!

And mind you, in about 10-12 branches of this bank that I've gone-the manager will just take a look at the long lines of people and amusingly go back sucking the mouthpiece of the telephone (sometimes giggling pa nga eh!)

If you are a LOWLY account holder, may line KUNO para sa'yo. BUT if you are A BIG CLIENT...para kang may passport at visa na DUMIRECHO DUON SA WALANG PILA.

THIS IS PLAIN AND SIMPLE...DISCRIMINATION!

Now you will ask me...eh BAKIT KA PA NAKIKIPAG-DEAL SA BANK NA YUN?

Kasi nga may mga taong we have to deposit some amount as their commission. Eh ang bangko nila...ito ngang LINTIK NA ITO!!!

Sinasabihan na nga namin na LUMIPAT NA ng ibang bangko eh.

I tried talking to 3 managers of this system. The reply was..."I-REPORT NYO PO SA HIGHER-UP"

INAKUPU!!!

pogi
01-23-2007, 16:33
Sa susunod:
Isang computer service center na kamuntik ko ng PAULANAN NG KAMANDAG NI DIANA dahil sa kahangalang pinag-gagawa sa laptop ko.

AT isang small repair shop PERO SUPER GALING!

MRV_G17
01-23-2007, 16:36
Putris Na Banko yang sinasabi mo Sir :supergrin:

vega
01-23-2007, 16:45
Bwisit at Putris, Iiling ka na lang sa haba ng pila at nakatayo ka rin. Pero baka nagbago na sila.

pogi
01-23-2007, 16:53
MRV_G17, Vega:
NYAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Ang BIBILIS NYO!
Nagbago na?...Hmm...let me see...GANUN PA RIN SIR!

gundog
01-23-2007, 17:02
Originally posted by vega
Bwisit at Putris, Iiling ka na lang sa haba ng pila at nakatayo ka rin. Pero baka nagbago na sila.

thats why i send the wifey to the bank. did it once and i already had my fill!!!

9MX
01-23-2007, 18:19
pogi,

ask those banks if they have internet banking and if you can transfer funds from one acct to another within the same bank. just ensure your pc is protected from hackers, trojans, etc.

vega
01-23-2007, 18:26
Originally posted by 9MX
ask those banks if they have internet banking and if you can transfer funds from one acct to another within the same bank. just ensure your pc is protected from hackers, trojans, etc.
Me, I still use paper trail. Old school tayo eh. I don't mind writing checks.

G19c,PH
01-23-2007, 18:41

Same here di pa rin nag babago...Metrobank and Planters bank ok ako service is good..:thumbsup:

badshot9mm
01-24-2007, 00:26

i recieve my salary thru this bank po. they have a TXT service where you can transfer your friends commission from your bank account. they also have a banking via internet. LOOOOOOOONG lines talaga even here in the province of bulacan...

toxic
01-24-2007, 01:50
The cause of Long Cues are mainly on a bank to bank basis . depende sa kanilang mga available transactions...Bills payment, remitances,Foreign currency B & S. withdrawals and Deposits ,Sweldo ng ka tie up na companies kung ano anong loan etc etc etc. Its really the banks fault na i vail lahat ng ganyang services without upgrading or providing more manpower and ample space for transaction.

Dun naman sa mga banko na may pera asawa ko(ako wala) mahaba din pila , sarado pa lang eh pila na kame to get the number then come back pag pag bukas na.

pogi
01-24-2007, 01:59
Originally posted by badshot9mm
i recieve my salary thru this bank po. they have a TXT service where you can transfer your friends commission from your bank account. they also have a banking via internet. LOOOOOOOONG lines talaga even here in the province of bulacan...

badshot9mm, mannix:
Yup may internet banking nga and we can transfer funds via such. The problem is WE DO NOT MAINTAIN ANY ACCOUNT WITH THIS CONDEMNABLE BANK...so we just have to deposit cash or check over the counter AND WAIT TIMELESSLY IN THE LOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG LINES!!!

And mind you, I will NOT maintain a SINGLE CENT with this B_LLSH_T!!!

batangueno
01-24-2007, 02:24
Originally posted by pogi
badshot9mm, mannix:
Yup may internet banking nga and we can transfer funds via such. The problem is WE DO NOT MAINTAIN ANY ACCOUNT WITH THIS CONDEMNABLE BANK...so we just have to deposit cash or check over the counter AND WAIT TIMELESSLY IN THE LOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG LINES!!!

Lolo, ang puso mo...:supergrin:

Yung mga good services na na-experience ko hindi kasi sa mga bangko eh. :banana::thumbsup:

pogi
01-24-2007, 02:35
Originally posted by batangueno
Lolo, ang puso mo...:supergrin:

Lolo? Wala na'kong puso...kinuha na ni Diana at Joy.

Yung mga good services na na-experience ko hindi kasi sa mga bangko eh. :banana::thumbsup:

OOPPS, meron akong magaling dyan. Super-lapit lang sa'yo. Nasa akin cell number. U like?

9MX
01-24-2007, 02:36

ok fine! then don't complain of long lines:laughabove:

pogi
01-24-2007, 02:44
Originally posted by 9MX
ok fine! then don't complain of long lines:laughabove:

Pag nag-open ako ng account sa kanila, it is as if I'm condoning their erroneous system. Since I'm the one depositing, I contend myself of making "mura" deep within my skeleton-and imagine that lahat ng may hitsurang chicks na andun sa kanila ay puro "nakahubad".

Pero ungas talaga yang bangkong yan!!!

toxic
01-24-2007, 02:53
Mukhang na badtrip ka talaga Sir P..labasan mo kaya ng Diana super:supergrin:

Lipat na lang siguro ng ibang Bank.

9MX
01-24-2007, 03:02
Pag nag-open ako ng account sa kanila, it is as if I'm condoning their erroneous system. Since I'm the one depositing, I contend myself of making "mura" deep within my skeleton-and imagine that lahat ng may hitsurang chicks na andun sa kanila ay puro "nakahubad".

i respect your choice, but why suffer? think of banking on line as lining up, online nga lang:)

batangueno
01-24-2007, 03:03
OOPPS, meron akong magaling dyan. Super-lapit lang sa'yo. Nasa akin cell number. U like?
Ayoko, baka dumaan na yan kay gundog....hahaha:animlol:

pogi
01-24-2007, 03:04
Originally posted by toxic
Mukhang na badtrip ka talaga Sir P..labasan mo kaya ng Diana super:supergrin:

Lipat na lang siguro ng ibang Bank.

Dennis,
I dont bank with them. My clients do. Kaya nga hindi ako makaiwas na hindi magpunta sa bangkong yan. I requested my clients to change banks and 3 already did. They switched to Metrobank.

Mr. Slim,
I better text. Delikado. Baka madis-garcia tayo.

toxic
01-24-2007, 05:01
Dennis,
I dont bank with them. My clients do. Kaya nga hindi ako makaiwas na hindi magpunta sa bangkong yan. I requested my clients to change banks and 3 already did. They switched to Metrobank.

charge the client more for the pain and suffering the Bank had caused you :supergrin:

maskytrading
01-24-2007, 06:52
My 2 pesos worth regarding long lines in a Bank Branch...

1. Some Banks have branches that cater MOSTLY to consumer depositors meaning individual/private savings accounts...These branches have the most depositors lining up to do business with the bank (withdraw/deposit/complain etc)the transactions are voluminous in number but small in value/amount. This is so because the area where the branch location is...residential
2. Some Banks have branches that cater to corporate clients;
fewer transactions(except paydays maybe) but big in amounts. You will see a messenger or an employee come in but toting a sack or bag to deposit a lot checks or withdraw payroll. The area where the branch is located is mostly commercial.
3. But the worst is where the area of the Branch is mixed residential and commercial like Greenhills-Ortigas, Shaw-Pasig/Mandaluyong, Aurora-Cubao

No.1 above has longer lines
No.2 above has long lines
No.3 above has the longest lines
BUT...Banks with Box-Office Hit lines mean that a lot of people bank with them and that means people trust them and if people trust a bank, the bank is stable and that means your money is in good hands. If you remember Urban Bank slogan "5 or 10 minutes only...Went in a branch and did the transaction in less than 10 minutes; because there were no other clients around...Well, the rest is history

Even in ATMs, you will notice that the bigger or more stable bank have longer queues especially in malls

The description above fits both BPI and MetroBank.

Hey guys, I'm new in BOG but the threads I've subscribe to aside from our toys are Banks, StockMarket, Executive Orders...Well, only in the Philippines...How about some cooking recipes like chicken binakol?

Allegra
01-24-2007, 17:29
Commendation -

Rupert of Gruppo Talyer N.Domingo st , Cubao for doing excellent work on my car

Staff of GoNut's Westgate alabang - for finding and returning my wallet :) the girl on the counter has got a knockout smile

pogi
01-24-2007, 17:48
Originally posted by maskytrading
My 2 pesos worth regarding long lines in a Bank Branch...

1. Some Banks have branches that cater MOSTLY to consumer depositors meaning individual/private savings accounts...These branches have the most depositors lining up to do business with the bank (withdraw/deposit/complain etc)the transactions are voluminous in number but small in value/amount. This is so because the area where the branch location is...residential
2. Some Banks have branches that cater to corporate clients;
fewer transactions(except paydays maybe) but big in amounts. You will see a messenger or an employee come in but toting a sack or bag to deposit a lot checks or withdraw payroll. The area where the branch is located is mostly commercial.
3. But the worst is where the area of the Branch is mixed residential and commercial like Greenhills-Ortigas, Shaw-Pasig/Mandaluyong, Aurora-Cubao

No.1 above has longer lines
No.2 above has long lines
No.3 above has the longest lines
BUT...Banks with Box-Office Hit lines mean that a lot of people bank with them and that means people trust them and if people trust a bank, the bank is stable and that means your money is in good hands. If you remember Urban Bank slogan "5 or 10 minutes only...Went in a branch and did the transaction in less than 10 minutes; because there were no other clients around...Well, the rest is history

Even in ATMs, you will notice that the bigger or more stable bank have longer queues especially in malls

The description above fits both BPI and MetroBank.

Hey guys, I'm new in BOG but the threads I've subscribe to aside from our toys are Banks, StockMarket, Executive Orders...Well, only in the Philippines...How about some cooking recipes like chicken binakol?

YES, I agree with you.
What I am piss-off is why do we have to stand in lines when other banks, Metrobank is one, provide comfortable seats while you wait for your turn. CAN THEY NOT DO AS WELL?

I am willing to wait for hours as long as I am comfortable.

pogi
01-24-2007, 17:49
Originally posted by Allegra
Commendation -

Rupert of Gruppo Talyer N.Domingo st , Cubao for doing excellent work on my car

Staff of GoNut's Westgate alabang - for finding and returning my wallet :) the girl on the counter has got a knockout smile

Allegra,
What part of N. Domingo is the shop? Back of Broadway Centrum?

JuDGe
01-24-2007, 17:51
YES, I agree with you.
What I am piss-off is why do we have to stand in lines when other banks, Metrobank is one, provide comfortable seats while you wait for your turn. CAN THEY NOT DO AS WELL?

sir, dapat siguro may senior citizen expresslane ano?!!! para di masakit sa tuhod..... :supergrin:

Django
01-24-2007, 18:00
DQ'd SENIOR CITIZEN EXPRESSLANE.

:animlol: :rofl: :rofl:

Arpee
01-24-2007, 18:52
YES, I agree with you.

Sir,
kaya pa bang tumayo after sitting for hours? :)
Biro lang, baka ako naman ireklamo afterwards :supergrin:

Allegra
01-24-2007, 18:54
Allegra,
What part of N. Domingo is the shop? Back of Broadway Centrum?

Sorry di ako familiar sa Manila , but it's near the corner of P Tuason , wala ako makitang familiar landmark

tel # - 4102997

Specialty nila vovlo , pati parts , pero saw a lot of ford suvs at pickups

pogi
01-24-2007, 20:54
Allegra,
Thanks.

Django,
Hindi nga ako DQ. Sinukat namin ni Engr. Jun Carandang...178.6 pa lang. Hindi pa 180.

Rommel,
Pre, MAS TUMATAYO NGA pag matagal naka-upo. NYAHAHAHAHA!

Chie
01-24-2007, 21:16
Mr. Slim,
I better text. Delikado. Baka madis-garcia tayo. [/B]

psssst! ako din :supergrin:

pogi
01-24-2007, 21:25
Eto, cgurado maraming matutulungan sa BOGs.

CONDEMNATION:
I brought my laptop to an authorized service center in San Juan. Barely 1.5 years of purely emails and GT posts exchanges, nagluko kulay ng screen (dominant green color) and ayaw mag charge ng batter pack. I left my unit, AC cord, old battery and still-in-pack brand new battery. It took them 1 week to diagnose. After their call, I dashed outright to find out what is wrong.

Findings:
Need to change LCD. Cost P12,000.00
Need to change the 2 batteries (old and new) P6,000 ea.
Sabi ko paki-test nga natin.
Sinaksak nung "MAGALING NA TECHNICIAN" yung bagong battery ko.
Umandar.
Sabi ko: "bakit mo pinapapalitan yun batteries eh AYAN umaandar naman.
Uminit na ulo ko.
Tanong ko: LCD ba talaga sira nyan?
Sagot: Yun Sir ang HINALA KO EH!
Kinuha ko yung laptop sabay sabi: YOU'RE NUTS! You don't know what you are talking about.
I signed the release paper and left the technician na "NAKA-TUNGANGA".

COMMENDATION:
After 2 days of sourcing where to bring the same unit, naisipan kong buksan ang BUY & SELL.
I saw 1 small ad...we repair ALL kinds of laptops, PCs etc.
OH GOD! Small place BUT very professional.
The owner said: we need to check. Paki-iwan na lang. Then he asked me to SIGN ALL IMPORTANT parts that are susceptible to switchings.
Sa loob ko, WOW this is a great system.
Kinabukasan tumawag...tapos na daw.
Screen is back to normal color (NO change of LCD), AC connection is back and all is back to A-1 okay.
Just paid P2800.00

SUPER GALING SA COMPUTER REPAIRS.

Firm is : AB Blanc Computer Repair
Along Main Avenue, Cubao. Between 13th and 14th Streets. Right side.
Owner/Technician/Dentist pa rin: Tony Unarce

Wp.22
01-24-2007, 21:51
ito ba yung nasa P.guevarra cor ibuna st. sa san juan

pogi
01-25-2007, 17:34
Originally posted by Wp.22
ito ba yung nasa P.guevarra cor ibuna st. sa san juan

Nope.
Text ko sayo if you like.

Wp.22
01-25-2007, 18:47
the name pls

darwin25
01-25-2007, 19:00
Originally posted by 9MX
pogi,

Another way is to make an arrangement with those banks to allow you to issue Debit Authorities. All you need to do is to send them a fax message that you are authorizing them to debit your account and credit the account/s of whom ever you want. Or instead of queuing, you can instead go to a bank officer and ask for Debit Authority form, provided you have an arrangment with them. You ca either use their DA form or you can use your own, the format of which will be approved by the bank. You may also just send a messenger to give the DA form to any bank officer.

binoy
01-27-2007, 18:50
If this is true article:From an Inquirer article: (http://opinion.inquirer.net/inquireropinion/talkofthetown/view_article.php?article_id=46054)

"Political clans

Despite the 1987 Constitution’s prohibition against political dynasties, government seats are still being passed among family members. According to the Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism’s “The Rule Makers: How the Wealthy and Well-born Dominate Congress (2004),” 40 percent of the representatives in post-Marcos congresses are relatives of previous legislators."

Then all those politician guilty of this practice should be condemned!!!

charlie-xray
01-27-2007, 23:57
pogi, paki-txt po din sa akin, 09214197954
Salamat

Nope.
Text ko sayo if you like.

pogi
08-23-2009, 20:19
Saw the need to revive this thread...

WOW!
Got PLDT promo na P250/month SECOND LANDLINE & registered here in Metro Manila. Sinubukan ko. Was in Tagaytay yesterday and called office in QC...PANGINOON KONG DIYOS GRABE SA LINAW. Parang katabi ko lang kausap ko.

NO CHARGE. It was a landline to landline call.
Iba talaga yung may network na.

jasonub
08-23-2009, 20:53
I bank with BPI and BPI family and eastwest. our company with bpi family eastwest and bdo.

Sa bdo you can choose what branch na konti ang tao and transact since they have a lot of branches same with bpi/family.

I go to my banks solely for depositing or withdrawing. I look at the parking area at pag konti, ill stop there and transact.

Usually deposit ako sa eastwest konti kasi tao. i pay my bills online through bpiexpressonline.com

sa withdrawal naman atm ako kaya mabilis.

I dont want to go to metro dahil dami tao lagi. Sure you sit down and wait till your called but the wait is also long. Thus try to get more banks and transact when konti tao sa branch na yon. If not drive along till you get konti na kotse sa parking.

I dont go to the bank on mondays and fridays and payroll days

edtf
08-23-2009, 22:22
Saw the need to revive this thread...

WOW!
Got PLDT promo na P250/month SECOND LANDLINE & registered here in Metro Manila. Sinubukan ko. Was in Tagaytay yesterday and called office in QC...PANGINOON KONG DIYOS GRABE SA LINAW. Parang katabi ko lang kausap ko.

NO CHARGE. It was a landline to landline call.
Iba talaga yung may network na.

My friend has one too and brings it to Lanao del Norte/Iligan - grabe kami magkulitan :) - best part local call siya. BTW, May fine print yan - Max of 600 min yan. Magpatawag ka nalang :supergrin:

pogi
08-24-2009, 02:59
My friend has one too and brings it to Lanao del Norte/Iligan - grabe kami magkulitan :) - best part local call siya. BTW, May fine print yan - Max of 600 min yan. Magpatawag ka nalang :supergrin:

Thanks Ed.
Pero I verified with PLDT-wala daw limit. The 600 minutes na limit is for "another plan daw"

Will verify again.

edtf
08-24-2009, 05:16
Thanks Ed.
Pero I verified with PLDT-wala daw limit. The 600 minutes na limit is for "another plan daw"

Will verify again.

That is totally weird - 2nd person nagsabi sa akin yung limit. Well kilala talaga ang PLDT CS for inconsistencies BUT 600 is A LOT pa rin!! :supergrin: Very convenient talaga yan. My mom has one too and sobrang happy din nga siya.

Vault Keeper
08-24-2009, 10:08

From the previous bank that I worked with, the same complain we got...long lines, no seats, etc...accoding to one senior officer of the area, (And I think his reasoning is as stupid as he is) putting chairs will only make the queue longer! Kaya ayon, hangang ngayon minumura pa rin sila ng mga clients nila...Buti nalang ala na ko doon! :steamed:

Poodle
08-24-2009, 17:39
thats why i send the wifey to the bank. did it once and i already had my fill!!!

Discrimination against the wifey yan. :supergrin:

edtf
08-24-2009, 18:40
From the previous bank that I worked with, the same complain we got...long lines, no seats, etc...accoding to one senior officer of the area, (And I think his reasoning is as stupid as he is) putting chairs will only make the queue longer! Kaya ayon, hangang ngayon minumura pa rin sila ng mga clients nila...Buti nalang ala na ko doon! :steamed:

oh I see great logic is not monopolized by the PNP :supergrin:

9MX
08-24-2009, 18:53

:rofl:

pogi
08-24-2009, 19:19
That is totally weird - 2nd person nagsabi sa akin yung limit. Well kilala talaga ang PLDT CS for inconsistencies BUT 600 is A LOT pa rin!! :supergrin: Very convenient talaga yan. My mom has one too and sobrang happy din nga siya.

Ed,
Verified again with one of the PLDT managers-yung 600 minutes na plan WAS FOR THE OLD PROMO (RESIDENTIAL LINE PhP600 LANG-KAYA PLAN 600).
Yun daw nakuha natin na CALL ALL PLAN (WITH LANDLINE=P850 KUNG MAY EXISTING LANDLINE NA = P250 LANG DAW).

IT's CALL -ALL...unlimited.

pogi
08-24-2009, 19:25

nyahahahahahahahahahahaha!

...and some senators, congressmen, veep, cabinet members,TOO!

Allegra
08-24-2009, 20:07
Speaking of banks
there was a bank here in our city na nagka heated argument yung client at yung security guard about bringing his pistol( client 's ) inside the bank
And the guard shot him w/ his shotgun
What a lousy way to treat a customer

ang bilis mag cover up
I was asking the new guard kung ano nagyari , di sumasagot wala daw sya alam
Di ko na pinilit at baka masaktan pa siya

Di nga. Totoo nangyari to

Allegra
08-29-2009, 21:25
Gunshop X has struck again
Nagbenta sa gunshow ng baril
Naningil ng DP
Ayun, 6months daw bago lalabas yung baril
Have a feeling wala pa sa Pilipinas
ayaw ibalik ang DP

batangueno
08-29-2009, 21:56
Nashan ang gunshop na yan...hahaha :supergrin:

atmarcella
08-30-2009, 00:20
ang trimark nga dati 2yrs. bago binalik 20k ko.

crazy_hans
08-30-2009, 01:25
@ batangueno bakit mo naman hinahanap kung NAShan yun nagbEnta na gun shop?

pogi
11-01-2009, 21:52
Reviving the thread just wanna say few GOOD THINGS about Rudy Project (Italy & Domestic Office).
Pero tomorrow na lang. Bibitin ko muna kayo. May "walk" pa eh!

Yung may mga RUDY PROJECT...take note.:tongueout::rofl:

collegedude
11-02-2009, 09:02

ayos!:rofl: hehehe

isuzu
11-02-2009, 18:39
Putris Na Banko yang sinasabi mo Sir :supergrin:

Ay naku! Nung pumunta ako sa bangkong yan, meron pa ngang manikurista sa ilalim ng teller!:rofl: Imagine, napapapedicure pa!

pogi
11-02-2009, 22:05
Got a FREEON Yellow Lens last 2006. Used it sparingly and during matches ONLY. Bet, you wont see any lint or dust in it.

Wore it last month in a beach. Splashes of sea water left "a somewhat kulu-kulubot scratches in the lens.

In an expired warranty (1 year lang), I talked to the store manager to explore probabilities of "repair" or "replacement". Answers were: 1. wala na yang ganyang model-wala ng stock ng lens 2. we will send it to home office in Italy and if they will replace-you will shoulder the freight (about P850) 3. talk to any outlet with stock of lens-makiusap ka baka pagbigyan ka.

Knowing fully well that reputable foreign brands DO NOT TREAT CLIENTS & ACT THIS WAY, I SENT E-MAIL TO HOME OFFICE IN ITALY STATING MY CASE.

After a week, I received e-mail from Phil. operations dept. requesting me to come to their office at Tektite and will see what they can do. I dashed.

Met the operations head, Marge Camacho and exhausted ALL to solve my case. In vain. She informed the Phil. head Gabby Boschi (Italian) and with full professionalism got out and talked to me. He knew then that I use my glasses for shooting-protection. He moved around and came back, saying:

Danti, I have 2 solutions for you (WOW, kala ko naging bisaya ireng Italyano eh!)
we will give you a new lens-not yellow but red-FREE OF CHARGE and it's available at Shangrila. You get your old yellow lens plus the new one.

since you do shoot, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE YELLOW OR RED LENSES FOR THEY WILL NOT GIVE YOU THE PROTECTION YOU NEED. The yellow is fine for rainy-cloudy set up. They are polycarbonate but still breakable.

Then he showed me IMPACT-X FREEON (whole racing red lens) which will be available NEXT YEAR YET. He twisted and folded and directed a UV light to the red lens that turned smoke-gray (it's PHOTOCHROMATIC). It will sell P14500 next year. (The IMPACT X available in 2-3 outlets are the Rydon Types that sell P13450.)

He said, " this is what you need-i have few of them as demo items. Lens came from windshields/windows of fighter planes-TOTALLY UNBREAKABLE even with 9mm shots. I asked, HOW ABOUT 38SUPER or 5.56 ...he did not reply.

And he gave it to me 70% OFF. GOT IT!!!

WOW! that's a bargain. For P4335+ I got a new red lens, maintain my somewhat defective yellow one and aN IMPACT X.

MORAL: DONT STOP! DONT LISTEN TO STUPID SALESCLERKS. PURSUE!!!

I commend RUDY PROJECT.

Clusterbomb
11-02-2009, 23:25
Iba rin yung sistema sa Land Bank. Nakaupo ka nga, pero para naman kayong naglalaro ng Trip to Jerusalem, ha-ha.

Wp.22
11-02-2009, 23:59
Smart wireless center SM mega and Shangrila tinubuan ako ng buhok sa tagal bago maasikaso.

ppts799
11-03-2009, 00:27
Smart wireless center SM mega and Shangrila tinubuan ako ng buhok sa tagal bago maasikaso.

dapat pala nandun ka araw araw until ma pony tail mo na buhok mo :)

ppts799
11-03-2009, 00:31
rudy project also replaced my 5 year old glasses with a brand new pair for free (found out they cost P10,000 these days).

HOWEVER, i had to waste a lot of time talking to different people, explaining over and over again and finally making a complaint letter before the problem was resolved. yeah, iba talaga ang sagot/solution kung staff kausap mo and kung office executive ang kausap mo :(

Allegra
11-03-2009, 02:10
Got a FREEON Yellow Lens last 2006. Used it sparingly and during matches ONLY. Bet, you wont see any lint or dust in it.

Wore it last month in a beach. Splashes of sea water left "a somewhat kulu-kulubot scratches in the lens.

In an expired warranty (1 year lang), I talked to the store manager to explore probabilities of "repair" or "replacement". Answers were: 1. wala na yang ganyang model-wala ng stock ng lens 2. we will send it to home office in Italy and if they will replace-you will shoulder the freight (about P850) 3. talk to any outlet with stock of lens-makiusap ka baka pagbigyan ka.

Knowing fully well that reputable foreign brands DO NOT TREAT CLIENTS & ACT THIS WAY, I SENT E-MAIL TO HOME OFFICE IN ITALY STATING MY CASE.

After a week, I received e-mail from Phil. operations dept. requesting me to come to their office at Tektite and will see what they can do. I dashed.

Met the operations head, Marge Camacho and exhausted ALL to solve my case. In vain. She informed the Phil. head Gabby Boschi (Italian) and with full professionalism got out and talked to me. He knew then that I use my glasses for shooting-protection. He moved around and came back, saying:

Danti, I have 2 solutions for you (WOW, kala ko naging bisaya ireng Italyano eh!)
we will give you a new lens-not yellow but red-FREE OF CHARGE and it's available at Shangrila. You get your old yellow lens plus the new one.

since you do shoot, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE YELLOW OR RED LENSES FOR THEY WILL NOT GIVE YOU THE PROTECTION YOU NEED. The yellow is fine for rainy-cloudy set up. They are polycarbonate but still breakable.

Then he showed me IMPACT-X FREEON (whole racing red lens) which will be available NEXT YEAR YET. He twisted and folded and directed a UV light to the red lens that turned smoke-gray (it's PHOTOCHROMATIC). It will sell P14500 next year. (The IMPACT X available in 2-3 outlets are the Rydon Types that sell P13450.)

He said, " this is what you need-i have few of them as demo items. Lens came from windshields/windows of fighter planes-TOTALLY UNBREAKABLE even with 9mm shots. I asked, HOW ABOUT 38SUPER or 5.56 ...he did not reply.

WOW! that's a bargain. For P4335+ I got a new red lens, maintain my somewhat defective yellow one and aN IMPACT X.

I commend RUDY PROJECT.

fafa , nakita ko nga yan bago nilang imfak x na yan
Maganda pang rifle kasi walang frame haharang when you shoot prone
Elvis na elvis ang dating mo nyan brader!

ans3288
11-03-2009, 03:07
i had the same experience with rudy project freeon also! parang nagkulubot ang coating ng lens, parang nag peel off. good thing ideal vision is a friend, and they just asked me to return it and i get something different.

I commend RUDY PROJECT.

Valor1
11-03-2009, 07:29
I agree with Rudy Project's service. I posted my experience in another forum:

I am also shocked sa warranty ng Rudy Project. Eto na yata ang the best. Once I lost a nose pad. They replaced it kahit lagpas one year na. Then nagkataon na hindi ko na check yung screw kaya nawala yung isang lens. Dinala ko sa tektite para bumili ng replacement lens. Pero ang ginawa, pinalitan lang nila ng walang bayad. It's FREE! grabe. kasalanan ko na, FREE pa din. Nilibre ko na lang ng merienda yung gumawa.

Sa local setting, wala pa kong nakitang ganito katindi sa warranty. I am also an Oakley user pero hindi nila ito ginagawa. Sale nga nila sa Makati office nila once in a blue moon lang.

Highly recommended yang Rudy pati sa tibay.

I'm getting the Rydon this November. Nawalan ako ng gana sa Oakley Juliet ko. Last time umatake si Ondoy, yung moisture ng ulan nagkaroon ng butil butil yung lens ng Oakley. Di daw yon sakop ng warranty kaya bumili na lang daw ako ng replacement. Hay. Such is life.

Eye Cutter
11-03-2009, 08:17
rudy project was introduced here in the phil in 2001-2002 yata. yung suki kong ahente ng mga eyeglasses for the clinic ang nagpasok nyan dito sa pinas. i was using oakleys then. went through 3 pairs of oakleys in less than 2 years. polycarbonate lenses matibay pero nag-disintegrate yung frame ng mga oakleys, prob. from the heat and humidity natin. sabi sakin ng ahente try ko rudy project kerosene model nya. akala ko kung anong rudy rudy yon! wtf? kerosene? parang jeproks! pero, ayun. ang mura pa! less than 3k lang before when the oakleys were already selling for 8-10k! kaya ang dami ko nabenta sa mga team mates ko sa pbd. si edtf yata nakakuha rin hahaha!

that very 1st pair is still with me, and i'm still using it although dami na battle scars and the rubber nosepads napunit na.

rudy projects rock!

pogi
11-03-2009, 19:03
fafa , nakita ko nga yan bago nilang imfak x na yan
Maganda pang rifle kasi walang frame haharang when you shoot prone
Elvis na elvis ang dating mo nyan brader!

Anak ka ng kulog FAFA!
Bakit naman Elvis na Elvis...SOBRA TANDA NA YUN.
Sana man lang ginawa mong: Gary Lewis (ng Playboys) o Dave Clark o Ringo Starr o WENG-WENG!!!

PWEH!

trayO
11-03-2009, 19:47
ang trimark nga dati 2yrs. bago binalik 20k ko.

Buti ka pa. I never got my 2 gun license renewal fees from them.

Allegra
11-03-2009, 20:41
Anak ka ng kulog FAFA!
Bakit naman Elvis na Elvis...SOBRA TANDA NA YUN.
Sana man lang ginawa mong: Gary Lewis (ng Playboys) o Dave Clark o Ringo Starr o WENG-WENG!!!

PWEH!

ahaha hindi ikaw fafa , yung style nung shades
Sinukat kasi ng barkada ko , it reminded me nung shades ni elvis

CatsMeow
11-12-2009, 20:31
Oh well, here's mine:

Condemnation: Manila's MTPB. It seems they're everywhere, except where they're really needed. I see the yellow-shirt guys at the area around España cor. Lacson, and that's good since they're needed there and they do a fairly good job, but not at Otis, where motorists heading east (towards Nagtahan) routinely do "illegal counterflow", thus converting the west-bound lanes from two to one, and sometimes not even that as motorcyclists overtake the danged illegal-counterflowists. And lack of personnel is no excuse, this is the CAPITAL CITY OF THE PHILIPPINES, for pity's sake!

And why on earth did they not do anything about the danged "padyak" behind which I was stuck at Lacson last night!? Those things are not supposed to be there in the first place!

Commendation naman: Marikina's traffic guys, on the job even on Sundays.
Great job too.

atmarcella
11-12-2009, 23:35
cignal tv sucks big time.

edtf
11-13-2009, 02:41
rudy project was introduced here in the phil in 2001-2002 yata. yung suki kong ahente ng mga eyeglasses for the clinic ang nagpasok nyan dito sa pinas. i was using oakleys then. went through 3 pairs of oakleys in less than 2 years. polycarbonate lenses matibay pero nag-disintegrate yung frame ng mga oakleys, prob. from the heat and humidity natin. sabi sakin ng ahente try ko rudy project kerosene model nya. akala ko kung anong rudy rudy yon! wtf? kerosene? parang jeproks! pero, ayun. ang mura pa! less than 3k lang before when the oakleys were already selling for 8-10k! kaya ang dami ko nabenta sa mga team mates ko sa pbd. si edtf yata nakakuha rin hahaha!

that very 1st pair is still with me, and i'm still using it although dami na battle scars and the rubber nosepads napunit na.

rudy projects rock!

Yes nakadale ako niyan in fact a kero and another one. My Kero is still a bit alive hehehehehe

Allegra
11-15-2009, 06:07
Went to Hooters yesterday
Ok naman
Kaya naman pala madaming urban poor, ang mahal gumimik sa manila!
Muntik na wala akong ibayad sa toll pabalik laguna

atmarcella
11-15-2009, 18:23
hooters dito? meron? naka bra lang waiteresses? i mean 2 piece? skates?

atmarcella
11-15-2009, 18:23
t-back?

atmarcella
11-15-2009, 18:24
or is that asking too much? hehehehehe.

Allegra
11-15-2009, 18:29
Di ko alam e
Di ako tumitingin sa waitress
Nahihiya ako
Dapat ba tumingin?
500p kasi yung burger , parang may kulang habang kinakain ko

pogi
11-15-2009, 21:40
Di ko alam e
Nahihiya ako
Dapat ba tumingin?
500p kasi yung burger , parang may kulang habang kinakain ko

Kaya ganun kamahal BURJER nila...combination of 3 kinds of lean meat yun. 2 of cattle meat and 1 of lamb.
Try their seafood pulutan. Their sauces are great especially the sweet chili.

atmarcella
11-15-2009, 23:31
akala ko gawa ng sexy waitresses nila hehe.

Allegra
11-16-2009, 06:42
Kaya ganun kamahal BURJER nila...combination of 3 kinds of lean meat yun. 2 of cattle meat and 1 of lamb.
Try their seafood pulutan. Their sauces are great especially the sweet chili.

A ok , worth it naman pala , american size din ang serving
Kaya rin ako nagtataka mahal yung burger, pero mura ang juice
Makabalik nga at matikman lahat yan
Palibasa , sanay kasi ako sa student meals kaya di ako familiar sa lasa ng lamb
Ikaw ba may ari nun fafa?
Sino yung matangkad na morena na naka glasses? haha

pogi
11-16-2009, 18:11
Sabi ALLEGRA:
Di ko alam e
Nahihiya ako
Dapat ba tumingin?

NGAYON NAMAN TANONG NIYA:
Sino yung matangkad na morena na naka glasses? haha

Fafa A. ano ba talaga? Baka MAGKA-KULITI KA!

NOPE, not mine (dreaming of having one of sort). Owner is Canadian franchisee of HOOTERS Intl. for Phils. and some Asian countries.
We supply them with customized sauces and working on some seasonings and flavors.

At yung matangkad na morena na naka glasses...
si Willie Nepumoceno yun nakasuot girl.

Allegra
11-17-2009, 03:13
aha kaya pala
parang gusto ko ulit mag burger this weekend :) nakaka gutom

at yung matangkad na morena kasi ang nasa pinto
ayoko na nga sana pumasok
concerned lang ako sa kanya , baka kasi lapitan ng mga babaero

pogi
04-14-2010, 01:05
SIYETE!!!
HONDA-QA SUCKS
...try having your car fixed there, you will agree with me.:faint::faint:

Eye Cutter
04-14-2010, 01:09
benta mo na kasi yan. kumuha ka ng hyundai sta. fe. mas bagay sa iyong image na dom pogi!

pogi
04-14-2010, 01:16
benta mo na kasi yan. kumuha ka ng hyundai sta. fe. mas bagay sa iyong image na dom pogi!

TSEH!
Yoko na ng Sta Fe.
May bago ngayon...COMBINATION NG STA FE & VERA CRUZ...
STA. CRUZ

Kaiser Soze
04-14-2010, 01:43
ChinaTrust Alabang is a good bank, nice, well lit, and although there are lines, there's comfy seating, with newspapers and magazines and the occasional offer of a snack or something. The ATM is located outside, next to the building's guard house, with another guard in front of the building entrance, so when you withdraw, kahit medyo gabi na, you feel a little safer with two guards within 10 feet of you.

Friday's Bonifacio High Street was good the other night, excellent service, the waiting staff wasn't pushy, and although we were seated in a far booth, they always checked on our drinks etc.

Wp.22
04-14-2010, 02:20
SIYETE!!!
HONDA-QA SUCKS
...try having your car fixed there, you will agree with me.:faint::faint:

what's wrong with your ride grampa powgee?

batangueno
04-14-2010, 10:10
Pinapalagyan siguro ni pogi ng wang wang yung Honda nya. hahaha :supergrin:

Allegra
04-14-2010, 17:08
if your on the look out for jeans, look at wrangler
got a pair for about 900bucks, looked the same , great fit as the ex[pensive brands
I'm wonderin who the #$%^ wears 11t pesos na maong.....gay people?

Wp.22
04-14-2010, 17:21
got a pair for about 900bucks, looked the same , great fit as the ex[pensive brands
900 is expensive i bought lots of old navy jeans for 10 dollars but men the airfare is expensive.

bikethief
04-14-2010, 20:17
MERALCO: Booooooooooo!

I have to turn off 4 out of the 12 split-type aircons sa house ko just to kep my bill the same as last month! That means my Shih-Tzus will have to move in with my Schnauzers. They get along fine but its their yaya's I'm worried about.

I'm also giving away half of my Godiva chocolate stash kasi we have to consolidate our chocolates and ice-cream so we can turn off one of our 4 freezers. Can you imagine our Godiva mixing in with Haagen-Dazs and that really expensive Gelato from the Italian Prime Minister? Kakalito kaya 'yun!

MERALCO: You make being rich a lot harder than it's supposed to be!

pogi
04-14-2010, 21:51
Pinapalagyan siguro ni pogi ng wang wang yung Honda nya. hahaha :supergrin:

WHAT?
ano 'ko mayabang?
may naka usap nga ako na naka-wang wang. alam mo kung sino siya???
...yung aso niya-pinsan yung aso ng kapitbahay niyang babae na kalaguyo ng kapatid sa labas nung barangay captain. Ang pases niya...yung barangay capt.

HOLY SIYETeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Eye Cutter
04-14-2010, 23:07
si grampa pogi di kelangan ng wang-wang. bala disco ball?

atmarcella
04-14-2010, 23:26
MERALCO: Booooooooooo!

bt, ang drought ata ang cause ng high electric bills, the hydro plants are not running anymore so they have to resort to diesel w/c is more expensive.

bikethief
04-15-2010, 02:31
Global Warming: Booooooooo!

i_am_infinity
04-15-2010, 02:57
@BT, iba na talaga ang rich :D

Allegra
04-15-2010, 17:56
I'd like to commend the new BOGS!
"Bunch Of Glocker Snobs"

Sorry , only old money can be classified as snobs
bawal ang self made
So only individuals w/ hospitals or govt buildings named after their grandfather will be accepted

Allegra
04-15-2010, 18:00
900 is expensive i bought lots of old navy jeans for 10 dollars but men the airfare is expensive.

ngayon ko lang kasi nakakita ng low waisted, bootleg in perfect fade jeans for that amount e. Diesel can kiss my a...
just pair it w/ a generic v-neck shirt from marks plus square tipped leather shoes , you'll create that cool, I dont care, bumili lang ng suka sa kanto look

Eye Cutter
04-15-2010, 18:07
siyet, lugi kami sa iyo fafa a. di ba sa inyo meralco and abs-cbn?

edtf
04-15-2010, 18:15

ay foor ka pala you can't afford a 11k pair of jeans. I might get scratchy scratchy because of those 900 bucks jeans :rofl: :rofl:

(running and hiding his 500 bucks bench jeans.........)

Wp.22
04-15-2010, 18:41
Fafa A. How about owners of airports can they be accepted? Since i have my own airport lapad ba naman ng landing strip sa ulo ko at well manicured haircut.

Allegra
04-15-2010, 21:27
siyet, lugi kami sa iyo fafa a. di ba sa inyo meralco and abs-cbn?

ay dont worry
diluted na ni pareng Ramon and pareng Manny ang shares namin sa Meralco
Daming datung mga fafa yan
teka, natahol yung askal namin , papakainin ko lang

pogi
04-16-2010, 22:08
Non-life FEDERAL PHOENIX & PEOPLE'S GEN. insurance companies are GREAT!
Ang bibilis kumilos. Professional na-mura na premium...puede pa 5 gives.
If you guys need-will refer someone para maka-mura kayo.

DragonEye
04-20-2010, 01:01
Commendations:

Me and a friend were just discussing how amiable and cheerful the Glorietta parking cashiers are.

Landmark supermarkets seem to have everything on stock; and possibly the cleanest supermarket these days.

The service of Friday's in Rembrandt Hotel is top-notch; can't say the same for the service in Friday's Trinoma, which borders in between mediocre and downright poor.

Wp.22
04-20-2010, 01:21
total failure is our new supplier of office uniform 'Pisanti" 3 mos pa lang all my zippers are busted and my barong buttons also.

CatsMeow
04-20-2010, 03:41
Commendations:

Me and a friend were just discussing how amiable and cheerful the Glorietta parking cashiers are.

Landmark supermarkets seem to have everything on stock; and possibly the cleanest supermarket these days.

The service of Friday's in Rembrandt Hotel is top-notch; can't say the same for the service in Friday's Trinoma, which borders in between mediocre and downright poor.

Amen to Glorietta and Landmark. I'm there every Saturday. Only Landmark had the big Tabasco bottle I wanted.

horge
04-20-2010, 04:13

Chief! Long time no hear!:wavey:
I agree on Landmark's supermarket.

Service at TGIF Rembrandt has been hit or miss for me.
At TGIF Trinoma it's been horrific.

total failure is our new supplier of office uniform 'Pisanti" 3 mos pa lang all my zippers are busted and my barong buttons also.

Come on, admit it, 'Pot...
Each time, you just forgot to hold in your gut, right?
:tongueout:

Wp.22
04-20-2010, 04:36
regarding landmark supermarket everytime we have clients from abroad we always bring them to landmark supermarket to see our products in the market.

About my pants and barong Horge, they are always 1 size bigger.

Allegra
04-20-2010, 05:15
wala bang tgif na hindi nga maganda service pero mura?

Wp.22
04-21-2010, 04:01
I found a mechanic who know's what he is doing. He fixed our MB100 he does home service from tuguegarao to bicol.

Allegra
04-21-2010, 04:23
I'd like to commend an aeta who's name escapes me
Now everytime i see bamboo , i want to make fire

edtf
04-21-2010, 04:46
I'd like to commend an aeta who's name escapes me
Now everytime i see bamboo , i want to make fire

sa subic? - kasoy :)

Allegra
04-21-2010, 06:31
sa subic? - kasoy :)

yes, bonding kami kasi pareho kami lumaki sa gubat

daming tao sa subic, ngayon ko lang nakita ganyan kadami
Parang divisoria
I'm glad for the businesses there though, di muna nga lang ako babalik

i'm sad wala na ang Legenda Suites
Mamimiss ko yung buffett breakfast nila
Iba iba kulay nang food pero iisa lasa ...ang galing!

Wp.22
04-21-2010, 17:32
yes, bonding kami kasi pareho kami lumaki sa gubat

daming tao sa subic, ngayon ko lang nakita ganyan kadami
Parang divisoria
I'm glad for the businesses there though, di muna nga lang ako babalik

i'm sad wala na ang Legenda Suites
Mamimiss ko yung buffett breakfast nila
Iba iba kulay nang food pero iisa lasa ...ang galing!

yan din ang sabi namin 3 years ago nung nag check-in kami dyan.

riddler
04-21-2010, 18:32
Last time I was there, I tried to cash a check.

They asked for an ID, I gave them my TX ID.

They asked me if I have another one and showed them my CHL.

They wanted some sort of Philippine Government issued ID or a passport, so I showed them my US Passport card.

After presenting 3 different forms of ID, they still would not cash the check.

It seems that common sense is not particularly abundant in bank tellers. Sad, considering that they supposedly are college graduates.

The same for cashiers in SM. I am often asked to sign my card. I always refuse because I don't want anyone to be able to have a specimen to forge/copy should I lose my card or if a waiter or bartender takes my card to make a charge.

So that one time that I did sign my card with the words, "Photo ID Required", and sign the charge slip the same way, this cashier told me, "Sir, hindi yan ang signature mo". to which I asked her, "Paano mo nalaman??", she replied............"Sir, isang letter lang and middle initial"

I laughed so hard and so loud, people thought that I was crazy.

Allegra
04-21-2010, 20:07
yan din ang sabi namin 3 years ago nung nag check-in kami dyan.

after eating gusto mo umpog ulo mo?
every year , since bago pa sya , we keep on eating breakfast there nafafascinate ako kung nag improve , suspense nga e
nope,every year the pineapple pareho pa rin ng lasa nung bacon

Is subic experienceing a boom?
Daming new residential develpments at ang daming tao
naging minority tuloy mga koreano hehe
i'm glad for the local economy , kakaawa lang yung wildlife

CatsMeow
04-21-2010, 21:53
Wildlife in Subic? If you mean the monkeys, crows and other exotic-looking birds, they're still there. Most of Subic is still wild. One website touts the place as a bird-watching paradise.

But I wonder where they put the aircraft displayed there.

Condemnation: an utmost CONDEMNATION OF THE CITY GOVERNMENT OF MANILA, for allowing those illegal motor vehicles called "kuligligs" to infest the streets of Manila. I know, they sometimes round 'em up but it's more of a half-hearted thing than anything else, those contraptions are back soon. These are illegal per se, as they are unregistered, driven by unlicensed drivers (even minors), and don't even begin to comply with basic regulations for motor vehicles, much less lights. And they don't follow traffic regulations, one even ran the red light right in front of me last night; last year one was brave (or foolish) enough to cut right in front of our fast-running bus in Quiapo.

And most of them now sport the posters of the incumbent.

"The Law Applies To All"? Hah. Not in the streets of Manila.

Allegra
04-22-2010, 09:55
Wildlife in Subic? If you mean the monkeys, crows and other exotic-looking birds, they're still there. Most of Subic is still wild. One website touts the place as a bird-watching paradise.

But I wonder where they put the aircraft displayed there.

Condemnation: an utmost CONDEMNATION OF THE CITY GOVERNMENT OF MANILA, for allowing those illegal motor vehicles called "kuligligs" to infest the streets of Manila. I know, they sometimes round 'em up but it's more of a half-hearted thing than anything else, those contraptions are back soon. These are illegal per se, as they are unregistered, driven by unlicensed drivers (even minors), and don't even begin to comply with basic regulations for motor vehicles, much less lights. And they don't follow traffic regulations, one even ran the red light right in front of me last night; last year one was brave (or foolish) enough to cut right in front of our fast-running bus in Quiapo.

Not for long
Yung Total gas station nalang sa papasok ng subic ang big example
When I saw it being carved out of the jungle , you can see the attitude of the admin regarding the existing habitats jan
Sa ingay nalang nang mga tourists , enough na yun to distress the local wildlife
BTW, i'm a zoology major nga pala hehe who's business also destroys habitats :)

Allegra
04-24-2010, 10:31
Everytime ang gulo ng traffic dito samin sa probinsya
It's either puno ang kalsada ng mga taga bundok o taga manila
Hiway was filled w/ jeepneys from Balara, padre faura, Nichols
Plus cars you know are from manila kasi isisingit pa yung oto nila and cut in your lane, EDSA style or mag counterflow just to get ahead of the traffic
Where's Rolito Go when you need him

horge
04-24-2010, 17:09
Commendation
Dinorado Rice - Wonderful, clean taste and a balanced texture that
is as good for steamed or fried presentations. The steamed rice grains do
not dessicate and harden rapidly on exposure to room-temperature air.

Condemnation:
Jasmine Rice - like white cement, in terms of taste and texture, and
especially after even brief exposure to room-temperature air. We are we
importing this crap?

h.

atmarcella
04-24-2010, 23:21
Everytime ang gulo ng traffic dito samin sa probinsya
It's either puno ang kalsada ng mga taga bundok o taga manila
Hiway was filled w/ jeepneys from Balara, padre faura, Nichols
Plus cars you know are from manila kasi isisingit pa yung oto nila and cut in your lane, EDSA style or mag counterflow just to get ahead of the traffic
Where's Rolito Go when you need him

hahahahaha traffic na naman sa LB sir! hahaha marami kasi swimming pool dyan sir eh sobrang init sa maynila first thing that pops into peoples mind is "swimming tayo sa LB!" hahaha dont worry pag tag ulan na luluwag ulit traffic dyan sir.

speaking of traffic.

condemnation,

flores de mayo, bakit nila ginagawa rampahan ang highway? por dyos por santo meron pa tao galing sa bicol or on their way somewhere far south who wants to get where they want to go asap, and they close down the friggin highway just so that their daughters can where gowns and parade in front of their neighbors? sobra!

where i come from meron din flores pero its just done on private roads usually subdivisions, dito lintik talaga. maharlika hway is a national hway and the santo tomas, bats. portion is a part you might want to avoid in may. suggestion lang.

edtf
04-25-2010, 07:35
-

I agree 100% those guys pedicabs turn trikes are a menace! :steamed:

Allegra
04-26-2010, 07:30
speaking of friday's anyone else have their discount card?
I got to use mine kanina and you have to present the card as you are ordering
ewan ko lang if it's my imagination , pero parang umunti yung serving :)
why do you have to present the card before ordering?

Srvice was excellent though
Pretty OJT na students dancing in the aisle

edtf
04-26-2010, 17:33
Commendation
Dinorado Rice - Wonderful, clean taste and a balanced texture that
is as good for steamed or fried presentations. The steamed rice grains do
not dessicate and harden rapidly on exposure to room-temperature air.

Condemnation:
Jasmine Rice - like white cement, in terms of taste and texture, and
especially after even brief exposure to room-temperature air. We are we
importing this crap?

h.

Either Thailand or Vietnam. Have you tried the P18 NFA rice - not bad at all:)

Allegra
04-26-2010, 18:43
Tama na yang rice na yan!
That stuff will kill you

horge
04-26-2010, 19:36
That stuff will kill you

You're one to talk... :upeyes:
But hey, keep ladling lard into that maw of yours.
:)

Allegra
04-28-2010, 04:48
You're one to talk... :upeyes:
But hey, keep ladling lard into that maw of yours.
:)

and why so? :)
My bilbil got smaller ,added 20lbs of muscle and still have normal cholesterol
Daym, I love balat ng lechon :) w/ no rice of course

DragonEye
05-02-2010, 22:20
Eto, condemnation:

Petron NLEX Meycauayan: I gassed up this morning before heading north. At the pumps, it took 2 minutes for a gas attendant to attend to me and the station wasn't full (I didn't have to queue). When someone did finally attend to me, no word of courtesy or greeting was uttered; I just gave the usual "Diesel, full tank, automatic lang, card Visa". Then, two other forecourt attendants brought a plastic bag containing donuts and canned soda, placed it on top of the oil shelves, popped the soda cans and proceeded to eat right there beside the pumps! One of them got my card with one hand with a donut on the other hand. I'm tracking the contact details of the owners of the station and talk to them over the phone.

Allegra
05-03-2010, 00:50
I have to commend a surfer friend of mine who gave me a tip on to stay cool this summer
Salamat!

pogi
01-02-2011, 23:58
From afar we can smell if the oil being used to fry (deep or otherwise) is rancid or not. Most eaters can't tell the difference between new or fresher and rancid.

The past 2010 been to about 6 outlets of this "most vaunted chicken house". All ordered "fried chicken" smelled and tasted rancid. Talked to the 6 managers and, of course, the reply was "uniform"..."bago ho yung oil na ginamit namin". Just paid and left for all instances. Bakit ako naka-anim na outlets? Paborito ko yang "hunghang na manok na yan"!

Same is true with the big fastfood joint. Not ALL but some of its outlets fry-refry chicken in rancid medium particularly those sites situated in class B and C areas.

Economy dictates but very un-social and immoral. Bet, they use and re-use oil 4-5 times. According to my "bubuwit", the "fried chicken house", usually uses "locally extracted ___ oil processed from imported ____." Nagtitipid siguro kaya lesser priced sub ang ginagamit na ngayon. Yun namang fastfood, they normally use top of the line imported lard. Kaya siguro yung mga franchisees-sa pagtitipid-gagamitin ng 4-5 times. Never had this happened with its direct competitor.

Oil becomes rancid if used more than 2 times or once for those with low smoke points. Different oils have different smoke points. Highest point is that of avocado's. Refined Palm, Coconut and Corn oils are good fryers. Once smoke point is reached breakdown of aroma, flavor and nutrients occur. When breakdown occurs the irritating, that of rancidity and/or foul burnt smell, pervades the air.

RANCID OIL IS CARCINOGEN. BEWARE!!!

susunod...isang bagong resto down scout-scout area na talaga namang PWEH!

Eye Cutter
01-03-2011, 00:10
have you tasted fafa pogi's gyoza and yung extra large super-duper special siomai nila?

wow! sarap!

(pero sobra mahal!)

:supergrin:

Kaiser Soze
01-03-2011, 01:12
Mr. Jones at Greenbelt 5 is an overpriced, overhyped resto...

I ordered an omelette there and it came to the table overcooked, underseasoned, and cold. Upon examination of the mess, it can be seen that the eggs weren't even beaten well for the omelette...how do you mess up a simple dish that badly?!?! Scrambled eggs lang yan folded with sauteed vegetables, hindi pa magawa ng maayos. I could have had a properly prepared omelette at Pancake House for half the price!!!

pogi
01-04-2011, 21:44
Highly Recommended!
Not a computer wiz but nuts about it.
Do use my netbook a lot as my line involves e-mail exchanges to and from foreign suppliers, principals and clients. Quotes, big pic files and product videos are constantly sent and received.
Six (6) months usage I noticed "slow-ness" in its responses. Not virus as I scan frequently. Being a comp layman, thought of adding memory to it and/or erasing videos and files to speed it up a bit.

Until I received an un-expected email from someone I don't know that reads:

Free Vista Registry Speed Up offers easy-to-use optimization tools to speed up and improve the stability of your Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP PC. Regardless of your level of expertise, Free Vista Registry Speed Up safely cleans, repairs, and optimizes the registry and automatically backs up changes for future recovery. Now includes essential tools to fix Windows security loopholes. Permanently erase your Internet activity, personal files, and free space to keep your information away from prying eyes.

Download and install Free Vista Registry Speed Up:
http://digeus.com/downloads/regcleaner/files/5/regcleaner_5_5.exe

Learn more about Free Vista Registry Speed Up:
http://www.digeus.com/products/regcleaner/free-vista-registry-speed-up.html

I installed and have my system scanned for errors (is this what it is called?). WOW! there were more than a thousand errors in registry ranging from: invalid file extension, invalid file type, null command, invalid curver etc.

Fixed just 5 of more than a thousand errors. Needed to fix ALL so I e-mailed back the proponent, Isabella White, Public Relations Manager of Digeus, Inc. (isabella.white@digeus.com) and she gave me FREE registration. Fixed all and HOORAY...I get 20-30% increase in responses.

As big files and videos had been saved, can't get back my netbook to its original speed but at least IT'S FASTER NOW!!!

Try it. Contact Ms. Isabella White via above e-mail addy. You might get it FREE, too.

edtf
01-05-2011, 05:46
Highly Recommended!
Not a computer wiz but nuts about it.
Do use my netbook a lot as my line involves e-mail exchanges to and from foreign suppliers, principals and clients. Quotes, big pic files and product videos are constantly sent and received.
Six (6) months usage I noticed "slow-ness" in its responses. Not virus as I scan frequently. Being a comp layman, thought of adding memory to it and/or erasing videos and files to speed it up a bit.

Until I received an un-expected email from someone I don't know that reads:

Free Vista Registry Speed Up offers easy-to-use optimization tools to speed up and improve the stability of your Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP PC. Regardless of your level of expertise, Free Vista Registry Speed Up safely cleans, repairs, and optimizes the registry and automatically backs up changes for future recovery. Now includes essential tools to fix Windows security loopholes. Permanently erase your Internet activity, personal files, and free space to keep your information away from prying eyes.

Download and install Free Vista Registry Speed Up:
http://digeus.com/downloads/regcleaner/files/5/regcleaner_5_5.exe

Learn more about Free Vista Registry Speed Up:
http://www.digeus.com/products/regcleaner/free-vista-registry-speed-up.html

I installed and have my system scanned for errors (is this what it is called?). WOW! there were more than a thousand errors in registry ranging from: invalid file extension, invalid file type, null command, invalid curver etc.

Fixed just 5 of more than a thousand errors. Needed to fix ALL so I e-mailed back the proponent, Isabella White, Public Relations Manager of Digeus, Inc. (isabella.white@digeus.com) and she gave me FREE registration. Fixed all and HOORAY...I get 20-30% increase in responses.

As big files and videos had been saved, can't get back my netbook to its original speed but at least IT'S FASTER NOW!!!

Try it. Contact Ms. Isabella White via above e-mail addy. You might get it FREE, too.

That is the problem with windoze - it seems like you have to reformat at least once a year for it to work well :steamed:

Wp.22
01-05-2011, 06:13
cebu pacific manila-caticlan on time departure and arrival

Boracay regency hotel panalo na sana kaso sa lobby lang meron wifi na libre at mabagal pa and the food sa buffet medyo limited buti na lang every night may orast beef.

Boat transfer is only 2 minutes boracay regency uses 2 outboard suzuki motors for their boats. Feeling ko im sonny crockett.

airphil express caticlan to manila ontime departure and arrival

next year ulit

pogi
05-25-2012, 04:00
Condemnation TO DEATH!!!

Guys, don't ever buy this "FUC--NG" brand of aircon (& their other items as well). The quality is bast--dly super "bulok" and the service is...THERE'S NO SERVICE TO TALK ABOUT.

Installed the cassette type in our place at Manila. Now it's due for cleaning and first maintenance check. They had set appointment for 6...RIFIT...6 times BUT NO SHOW IN ALL OF THE 6. These 6 times are spread in 3 months ha? We've been frustrated for that span of time.

Problem is: we need to get work permit from the condo/mall admin everytime.

I believe the manufacturer has NO service at all but contracts the services of independent many-ek-ek that do not have honor or one word. Tssooooooopppppid!!!

The brand is...
Senator GRI-ngo Honasan seldom talks in the impeachment court but when he talks he makes sense.:steamed::steamed::faint:

DragonEye
05-25-2012, 05:12
Damn, pogi. I just had that brand installed in my office. I think their main office is near BF Homes Paranaque (if it's still there). Even met the owner who reminded me of Quentin Tarantino.

DragonEye
05-25-2012, 05:20
Eto, commendation naman--

SPRING DEER rsto dyan sa Timog Ave. The resto is old but the service was topnotch when we were there. The waiters are so attentive you would not need ask to even change your plate or check if your teapot has gone cold or needed a refill. I've eaten there thrice in two months' time and service is the same, regradless of how many diners were there.

Food's great. Price is reasonable. Service, I hope, would continue to be excellent.

Allegra
05-25-2012, 07:08
cebu pacific manila-caticlan on time departure and arrival

Boracay regency hotel panalo na sana kaso sa lobby lang meron wifi na libre at mabagal pa and the food sa buffet medyo limited buti na lang every night may orast beef.

Boat transfer is only 2 minutes boracay regency uses 2 outboard suzuki motors for their boats. Feeling ko im sonny crockett.

airphil express caticlan to manila ontime departure and arrival

next year ulit

Sayang ang bayad sa hotel kung maganda beach fafa
We always go to a small resort sa station 1 Crystal Sands
Ang nakainis lang puro foreigners na mahilig mag topless ang bisita . Yan pa naman ang ayaw ko
Meals sa restos or paluto sa talipapa
Drink till you pass out sa gabi
All that pumapatak lang ng 10k per person for 1 week
That includes airfare PAL mla to kalibo ( i dont trust other airlines )
Mas mura pa kesa sa hi end resorts sa Laiya
pag less than a week sa boracay bitin

Allegra
05-25-2012, 07:23
Madami na ako na recommendan nito and I might sound like an ad
Dali ko kapitan ng ubo sipon ( overtraining, lack of sleep, and siguro lampa din )
Nung nag triathlon ako di gumagaling ubo ko for months
everyone keeps recommending vitamin c , di naman ako naniniwala it works
May nagregalo ng Vit C from GNC , 1000mg
I started nung december , hanggang ngayon wala trankaso
Ngayon lang nangyari yun
BTW, I'm not connected w/ GNC
Just a happy customer now

pogi
05-25-2012, 18:20
Eto, commendation naman--

SPRING DEER rsto dyan sa Timog Ave. The resto is old but the service was topnotch when we were there. The waiters are so attentive you would not need ask to even change your plate or check if your teapot has gone cold or needed a refill. I've eaten there thrice in two months' time and service is the same, regradless of how many diners were there.

Food's great. Price is reasonable. Service, I hope, would continue to be excellent.

Will check this out Pre.
A lot of times wifey and I were planning to dine in that resto along Timog...but the feeling of "baka sobra mahal", "baka sobra dami ng servings di natin mauubos dalawa" etc. prevented us.

TFS.

pogi
05-25-2012, 18:24
Madami na ako na recommendan nito and I might sound like an ad
Dali ko kapitan ng ubo sipon ( overtraining, lack of sleep, and siguro lampa din )
Nung nag triathlon ako di gumagaling ubo ko for months
everyone keeps recommending vitamin c , di naman ako naniniwala it works
May nagregalo ng Vit C from GNC , 1000mg
I started nung december , hanggang ngayon wala trankaso
Ngayon lang nangyari yun
BTW, I'm not connected w/ GNC
Just a happy customer now

It's a great product.
And similarly, Berocca, is. Also 1000mg Vit C.

Are you still competing in tri?
My son, daughter and apo do. They belong to LiveRight Team.

Allegra
05-27-2012, 00:10
It's a great product.
And similarly, Berocca, is. Also 1000mg Vit C.

Are you still competing in tri?
My son, daughter and apo do. They belong to LiveRight Team.

ay not anymore , I 've gained 40lbs since then

Kakatuwa lang about vit c
I thought hindi totoo
i'm pleasantly surprised

pogi
05-27-2012, 04:50
ay not anymore , I 've gained 40lbs since then

Kakatuwa lang about vit c
I thought hindi totoo
i'm pleasantly surprised

Yep. In fact even a very well known Doctor-Professor asked me to stay away from vit c but I didn't.

Heck, Berocca makes wonder for my stamina.

edtf
05-27-2012, 05:10
Yep. In fact even a very well known Doctor-Professor asked me to stay away from vit c but I didn't.

Heck, Berocca makes wonder for my stamina.

Isn't berocca vit b complex?

Ok din Fern C

pogi
05-27-2012, 16:32
Isn't berocca vit b complex?

Ok din Fern C

It's a synergy of dominant 476mg of Vit C + lesser mg. mixes of Vit B.

pogi
05-27-2012, 16:46
CONDEMNATION na naman:
There is this PWEH resto na naman at posh BGC pa mandin.

Imagine ang lupit ng mga pinutukan ng tipaklong na mga ito, charging you I think P340++ or thereabouts for an appetizer, my favorite.." old style tokwa't baboy" that were meticulously dumped (WHAT?) in small crystal glasses where tokwa was fried in rancid oil, the baboy boiled so blandly whle the "lintik" na sauce was so sweet-as if I was eating GUINATAN then garnished with I don't know herbs and spices that did not give any harmony to the taste. WHAAA!!! (T.Y. to Sen. MDS)

Did not finish as usual, INCLUDING the main-chicken ek-ek, I ordered."Sumpain ka ng demonyo!"

This guy is "so sikat" which makes me conclude again that his place is "I had been there site ONLY"...meaning...I ate once(no matter what the tastes of the food are) - then blog or announce at tweeter and Facebook.

CLUE: check Recom & Condemn Section of my web.

atmarcella
05-27-2012, 21:51
kuya hindi ko mahanap sa site mo.....puro pagkain kita ko dun hehehe....pm nalang tnx.

pogi
05-27-2012, 22:00
kuya hindi ko mahanap sa site mo.....puro pagkain kita ko dun hehehe....pm nalang tnx.

PM sent.
Manong, pagdating mo sa Recom-Condemn Forum Blog Section click: Serious (andun lahat ng "bulok" at "ginto" na stuff)
You may want to click Not Serious as well.

pogi
05-27-2012, 22:04
Andrew, heto pa isa:

THE REAL YUK!!!
OH MY GOD!
Good location-a serene neighborhood.
Refurbished flat. Austere interior and furnitures.
Creating a name, quite successful as packed to the brim when my family tried its concoctions.
FOOD? HELL!!! Another one of those "I was there" places; "to be seen resto"; "oh, yah! been there"...in short...WAS THERE MARKET ("maski ano ka pa, kahit na ano pa lasa ng food mo...malaman lang ng LAHAT NA KA FACEBOOK mo na nanggaling na rin ako diyan").

Imagine a "monggo soup" so bland-realy BLAND as in tinambakan ng tubig galing sa gripo. Soaked monggo beans, sauteed onion and garlic plus "hibe" (dried shrimps) that rendered the total "baho" (bad smell) or "antot" (really bad smell!) to the recipe. BLAND!!! BLAND!!! BLAND!!!

Oh my, nagpa-uso pa...putting "chicharon" fried in rancid oil on top. Really HELL!!! Para bagang sinisilaban wetpaks ko sa galit.

Roasted chicken sprinkled with "I don't know herbs & spices" was "sira na" (foul smell signalling poultry is like double-dead). Out of 2 pieces-we ate 1/4. No take home. Lalakas benta ng Imodium.

Sige, waste your money...try!

Andun din clue sa web ko.

Allegra
06-05-2012, 07:54
Sayang ang bayad sa hotel kung maganda beach fafa
We always go to a small resort sa station 1 Crystal Sands
Ang nakainis lang puro foreigners na mahilig mag topless ang bisita . Yan pa naman ang ayaw ko
Meals sa restos or paluto sa talipapa
Drink till you pass out sa gabi
All that pumapatak lang ng 10k per person for 1 week
That includes airfare PAL mla to kalibo ( i dont trust other airlines )
Mas mura pa kesa sa hi end resorts sa Laiya
pag less than a week sa boracay bitin

I might not have noticed it dati
Pero nagiiba yata crowd sa station 1 near station 2
It used to be alabang town center
Ngayon it's the megamall crowd :)
More basketball shorts around than a barangay liga
Fortunately , not a kaldero or gran matador bottle in sight
If you want some peace and quiet , you retreat farther sa dulo ng station 1
For me I'm not complaining though
I love the easy beach lifestyle of the place lalo sa gabi
Nakahubad lang araw araw
Nga lang , I dont know how long it will last

CatsMeow
06-08-2012, 01:00
Condemnation this time.

A pox be on the powers that be who decided to break up and reconcrete the other street behind UST (the two-way one), and an even greater pox be on the contractor whose work dragged on such that it's only half finished at this time and classes are just starting. This is my usual route to the office every working day and now I have to avoid it in the meantime.:steamed:

An infinitely greater pox be on the Manila city administration and its MTPB for its abject failure to control traffic!:steamed:

edtf
06-08-2012, 05:02
Condemnation this time.

A pox be on the powers that be who decided to break up and reconcrete the other street behind UST (the two-way one), and an even greater pox be on the contractor whose work dragged on such that it's only half finished at this time and classes are just starting. This is my usual route to the office every working day and now I have to avoid it in the meantime.:steamed:

An infinitely greater pox be on the Manila city administration and its MTPB for its abject failure to control traffic!:steamed:

My office is at the corner of Espana and Cataluna (now GM Tolentino) the place is a mess!!!!! they are also going to fix P. Noval (road beside UST) LIKE HELLO!!!!!!!!!! it is starting to rain and I doubt all those street diggings/work will be done in a week or two!!! what idiots!

pogi
06-09-2012, 04:21
Condemnation this time.

I love this.
And Ady, while the "50 million poxes" linger...umulan sana ng vinegar.:rofl::wavey:

pogi
06-09-2012, 04:55
...and while I'm on this thread,
It really pains me that many of "us" "happy eaters", while paying the right amount, are served with food where raw materials used were "supposed" to be dedicated to LOW COST equivalent.

A good example is: for almost 95% similarity, the raw mats used in the production of "those P20.00 1+1 roadside burgeran" are also used in the processing of "one of the most publicized, adored and really fast-sprouting burger houses"..

The 2 main garnishings absent in the low cost one are: fried bacon and lettuce. And patronizers of this joint taste ONLY these 2 items and claim...very good, ang sarap, sulit. WHAT?

"Extenders" galore sum up the ingredients in the high cost "lintik". From hydrated Textured Vegetable Protein to chicken MDM (MechanicallyDeboned Meat of chicken) to tapioca starch. WHEW! this is up-front robbery.

GOD, please forgive them. Kawawa naman yung mga naloloko nila. Nagbababyad ng tama pero "linsiyak" naman ang sine-serve.

What to do: when you're served with burger that you've paid a wealth to enjoy...separate the patty from the bun and all the garnishings and the dressings. Bite...just bite into the patty and examine the aroma + flavor well. Does it have that "ango" of beef? Have you bitten some "tough flesh" of beef?
If you get a plain smelling patty (no "ango") and the texture is very well ground-no bits or chunks-and a bit bouncy (ibalibag nyo sa lamesa)...pag matalbog...WOW, you might be eating the ones that are sold by giant burger chains which will cost you a lowly P65/meal.

This is libelous. I won't tell you. Best is: next time you plan to eat in any of those burgerans...pm me. I will tell you what they use for raw mats. I know. It's my line.

atmarcella
06-09-2012, 19:48
fafa pogi pa pm kung anong burjer yan....tnx!

glak
06-09-2012, 20:34
lolo pogi pa pm din. :supergrin:

pogi
06-09-2012, 23:35
For Cebuboy, Andrew, Glak & others who dig burjer:
...instead of me PMing you the identity of the "linsiyak na burgeran", I will just name the ones that do great for their patties in terms of rightful raw mats & ingredients, presentation and value for money (at TALAGANG MAY BAKA dehins KALABAW ha?...BAKA!) My ranking:
1. BIG BETTER BURGER (2/F of a condo along Timog Ave./they have a branch at SM North EDSA Annex Bldg.)
2. WHAM Burger (originally along Katipunan/will find out their other branches/& they have one at D'Mall-Boracay...or is it the other one that I don't want to mention and accordingly popularize it)
3. HOTSHOTS (so many branches around Metro). This had set up in Singapore and really made it BIG but a problem occured...not with the product(s) but...you know what.

Above are the ONLY patties I eat. And my ranking means: no.1 has MORE cattle beef into it-just the basic flavor enhancers-than the next.

I have NO no. 4 downwards for they are not worth the mention.

But then, you may ask, who are you to judge? Well, my reply: it's just me, not a chef, not a cook, but a food ingredients man for 35 years.

The TEST of the product is: if it comes with gigantic toppings plus flooding you with varieties of ganishings...they are hiding something or they don't want you to notice the patty itself.

Amen.

edtf
06-10-2012, 02:46
For Cebuboy, Andrew, Glak & others who dig burjer:
...instead of me PMing you the identity of the "linsiyak na burgeran", I will just name the ones that do great for their patties in terms of rightful raw mats & ingredients, presentation and value for money (at TALAGANG MAY BAKA dehins KALABAW ha?...BAKA!) My ranking:
1. BIG BETTER BURGER (2/F of a condo along Timog Ave./they have a branch at SM North EDSA Annex Bldg.)
2. WHAM Burger (originally along Katipunan/will find out their other branches/& they have one at D'Mall-Boracay...or is it the other one that I don't want to mention and accordingly popularize it)
3. HOTSHOTS (so many branches around Metro). This had set up in Singapore and really made it BIG but a problem occured...not with the product(s) but...you know what.

Above are the ONLY patties I eat. And my ranking means: no.1 has MORE cattle beef into it-just the basic flavor enhancers-than the next.

I have NO no. 4 downwards for they are not worth the mention.

But then, you may ask, who are you to judge? Well, my reply: it's just me, not a chef, not a cook, but a food ingredients man for 35 years.

The TEST of the product is: if it comes with gigantic toppings plus flooding you with varieties of ganishings...they are hiding something or they don't want you to notice the patty itself.

Amen.

there is Wham in SM north edsa (the block)

pogi
06-10-2012, 03:19
there is Wham in SM north edsa (the block)

Oh yah.
While Big Better Burger is at the Annex.
Thanks.

edtf
06-10-2012, 03:28
Oh yah.
While Big Better Burger is at the Annex.
Thanks.

how about Charlie's :) - go or no go :)

pogi
06-10-2012, 03:50
how about Charlie's :) - go or no go :)

Ed, actually 2 na lang sila I'm sked to try this week. Siya as well as the one @ Julia Vargas. From QC area where's the nearest outlet you know?

Afterwhich will inform you results.

edtf
06-10-2012, 04:36
Ed, actually 2 na lang sila I'm sked to try this week. Siya as well as the one @ Julia Vargas. From QC area where's the nearest outlet you know?

Afterwhich will inform you results.

ortigas. Before Petron Santolan across PLDT. It is the building of Uratex owner.

I think I know what burger joint that you are talking about - located along White plains ave :)

pogi
06-10-2012, 04:46
ortigas. Before Petron Santolan across PLDT. It is the building of Uratex owner.

I think I know what burger joint that you are talking about - located along White plains ave :)

Thanks Ed. Will drop by.
Nope. Even that "is not in the list" and one of the...? Hehehe.

productionguy
06-10-2012, 08:27
how about burger project in teachers village qc?masarap ang patty at mukhang tunay naman.

try niyo quarter pounder with cheese plain sa mcdo,masarap,may anggo,hindi ko lang alam kung anggo ng caracow hehehehe

jerrytrini
06-10-2012, 12:26
I don't know if you guys remember Tropical Hut? They had the best burgers in QC during the late 60s. Every weekend mahjong game, my aunt would send me to TH for several cheeseburgers for the players' merienda.

pogi
06-10-2012, 17:05
Jeff, again, try to separate the patty from the bun and the rest of those "mountainous pa-ek-ek". There, you will really savour if it's for real or it is so that the "marketing approach" is to drown you with bacon strips (low cost local), round Canadian style bacon (low cost local), ham, pork BBQ, chix BBQ, cheese etc.so you won't notice the patty.

Sorry Pre. Not in my list.
Re that of the U.S. chain house - I know who manufactures it for them and hmmmmm.

Jerry, the old Tropical Hut's burger is far better. Creamy, due to "soaked white bread in full cream milk" that they added as extenders. Dis-integrate, breaks apart (even yung ngayon) when griddled. And for other extenders added...hmmmmmm.
Pero I like it.

kristiansen
06-10-2012, 21:32
ngek.pano na si bubuyog,si payaso at si hari ng burjer?ako indi mahilig pero un mga anak ko.napansin ko nga un mga burger sa ibang bansa may "anggo" at rough ang texture,mas ok pala un .balik lugaw tayo ngayon...........

pogi
06-10-2012, 21:57
ngek.pano na si bubuyog,si payaso at si hari ng burjer?ako indi mahilig pero un mga anak ko.napansin ko nga un mga burger sa ibang bansa may "anggo" at rough ang texture,mas ok pala un .balik lugaw tayo ngayon...........

Yup Bro, because "nothing" is hidden.
The "emulsion" (meat content plus some flavor enhancers and diced veggies plus liquid) of "real patties" is COARSE-meat is chopped finely or diced and so VERY EVIDENT that what you're paying for is "totoo".

Allegra
06-11-2012, 01:46

fafa, ako din hindi mahilig dati sa burger dahil nga nasa utak ko fast food burgers
Until may natikman ako dito samin 250gram na burger
Masarap nga pala ang pure beef
It's a local town resto run by an American
Tumutulo mantika sa all over sa tshirt ko
Kaya ko pala kumain ng kahating kilong karne

pogi
06-11-2012, 02:04
fafa, ako din hindi mahilig dati sa burger dahil nga nasa utak ko fast food burgers
Until may natikman ako dito samin 250gram na burger
Masarap nga pala ang pure beef
It's a local town resto run by an American
Tumutulo mantika sa all over sa tshirt ko
Kaya ko pala kumain ng kahating kilong karne

Paki PM Fafa A ng location.
Kung OK talaga, ma advertise at ng dehins naloloko mga barjer fanatics na tulad natin.

Allegra
06-11-2012, 02:21
Paki PM Fafa A ng location.
Kung OK talaga, ma advertise at ng dehins naloloko mga barjer fanatics na tulad natin.

dito lang sya sa up los banos fafa
small hole in the wall na family resto , fave ng mga studyante
I think their meat comes from SNR

pogi
06-11-2012, 02:35
dito lang sya sa up los banos fafa
small hole in the wall na family resto , fave ng mga studyante
I think their meat comes from SNR

If their beef (cattle ha? not cara) comes from S&R then it must be great. S&R sells good quality ones. Also, if owned & managed by an American- I will presume the end product has quality.

In my line, I have known 2 nationalities...only 2...who are "masters" & "magicians" in utilising extenders to their food...Pinoys & the other is...?

Americans-NO. Remember "the halfway house" in Camp John Hay-Baguio before it was turned over to Pinoys? They were selling 100% pure U.S. cattle beef...so yummy...so juicy...melting in your mouth when bitten. It was the BEST till now-kaya lang wala na dun eh.

Puntahan din namin Fafa yung sa U.P. Los Banos.
Eh kung pagpunta namin dun... mag 3 cold bottles for the road kaya tayo?

Allegra
06-11-2012, 02:44
this topic has inspired me to make my own burgers from s&r :)
nakaka gutom!

pogi
06-11-2012, 02:47
...to add nga pala re the "linsiyak" na burgeran na yan:
the fries (na may pa-ek-ek na breading pa) were fried in RANCID oil (maantang mantika)

Even the fried chicken ordered by my apo...Hosme...maanta rin. Di tuloy naubos ng apo ko.

huwag mo kong awatin...huwag sabi eh...ipuputok ko na si Diana.

BUWISIT TALAGA!

pogi
06-11-2012, 02:55
this topic has inspired me to make my own burgers from s&r :)
nakaka gutom!

Go ahead.
Sabihon mo lang. Then kapag volume na buy mong beef, even supply of real cattle meat na mas mura than S&R...

Allegra
06-11-2012, 03:09
If their beef (cattle ha? not cara) comes from S&R then it must be great. S&R sells good quality ones. Also, if owned & managed by an American- I will presume the end product has quality.

In my line, I have known 2 nationalities...only 2...who are "masters" & "magicians" in utilising extenders to their food...Pinoys & the other is...?

Americans-NO. Remember "the halfway house" in Camp John Hay-Baguio before it was turned over to Pinoys? They were selling 100% pure U.S. cattle beef...so yummy...so juicy...melting in your mouth when bitten. It was the BEST till now-kaya lang wala na dun eh.

Puntahan din namin Fafa yung sa U.P. Los Banos.
Eh kung pagpunta namin dun... mag 3 cold bottles for the road kaya tayo?

Of course fafa
Pero, yung lugar pang studyante , not the cleanest of places hahehe
Pero teka, tikman ko muna ulit yung burger nila
Ilan buwan na rin ako di nakain , baka iba na lasa

productionguy
06-11-2012, 04:05
i will make my own nga din,try ko ang magic powers ko hehehe

DragonEye
06-11-2012, 09:08
Quarter Pounder with cheese pa na naman favorite ko. How about yung Brothers' Burger? Meron pa silang Angus at Lamb burgers, totoo kaya to?

edtf
06-11-2012, 10:06
hmmmm...... baka puwede pahingi naman ng recipe for hamburger patties :supergrin:

pogi
06-11-2012, 16:09
Quarter Pounder with cheese pa na naman favorite ko. How about yung Brothers' Burger? Meron pa silang Angus at Lamb burgers, totoo kaya to?

Pre, many will claim their patty is "best". The real test is "what percentage of the emulsion is beef"? Baka beef ng isa ay 30% lang of the entire patty and the rest are "extenders". Others naman baka 40 or 50%. The higher the % the better.

Next, after the %, we have the kind & quality of the beef used. Is it cattle beef or "cara" beef (from carabao or "buffalo beef" of India). Or aside from cara-beef they still add chicken MDM (Mechanically Deboned Meat of chicken) usually coming from Canada, Brazil & France. For ex. look at the label of imported Armour Brand Vienna Sausage-there, MDM was used. This is low cost P55/kilo extenders. Some pure MDM-some with "internals" added.

Although Angus breed of cattle originated from Scotland, in USA being Angus does NOT mean it's a kind of beef. It's a U.S. grading system. Medyo technical ito and mahaba. But, beef when submitted for stringent certification must pass 10 criteria: marbling, tenderness, color etc. even if you pass just 3 out of 10...you are an angus beef-BUT WHAT GRADE? When a producer claims theirs is "angus" IT DOESNT MEAN THEIRS IS THE PRIME QUALITY OR THE NO.1. Baka if it's the PRIME ANGUS, you might pay P2000/burger.

Para bang sinabing ALL STIs are STIs. Pero EDGE is far better than TROJAN or SPARTAN. Pero still it is STI.

One time let's have coffee with the others. Papaliwanag ko lahat. Including all those meat items when all eat: hotdogs, hams, bacons etc.

pogi
06-11-2012, 16:11
hmmmm...... baka puwede pahingi naman ng recipe for hamburger patties :supergrin:

Pm kita Ed tomorrow. Nasa office mga formulations ko eh.

edtf
06-11-2012, 17:08

Kuya Pogi :) you have a resto right?? Saan ba yan? Manila diba?? Can you post na rin the address para makadalaw nga minsan :)

Allegra
06-11-2012, 19:14
Sayang , ang layo ko
gusto ko umatend ng usapang karne na yan :)
I love beef , yan pala sikreto ng mga kano kung bakit ang lalapad pero wala tyan

pogi
06-11-2012, 21:56

Kuya Pogi :) you have a resto right?? Saan ba yan? Manila diba?? Can you post na rin the address para makadalaw nga minsan :)

Yup Ed.
Manila Q
* Resto is at 2/F One Archer's Place, Taft Ave. It's the condo beside Bro. Andrew Gonzales' Hall of La Salle-Taft. Landmark is Allied Bank & 7-11 at ground floor. If you're coming, text me, para ibigay ko parking slot namin sa'yo. Medyo madugo mag park sa Taft. And please visit after 2pm para ala students, Peak niya is 10:30am-2:00pm.

Or, you may want to visit our "tiangge stalls" at:
1. Midnight Mercato - (BGC 34th cor. 9th streets- beside Home Depot) every Fri & Sat night 9:00pm-2:00am. Dami sexy during these hours.
2. Mercato Centrale (same place) - every Sun 7:00am-2:00pm
3. Soderno-Molito (Front of Madrigal Gate of Ayala-Alabang) -every Fri-Sat & Sun 7:00pm-3:00am

pogi
06-11-2012, 22:00
Sayang , ang layo ko
gusto ko umatend ng usapang karne na yan :)
I love beef , yan pala sikreto ng mga kano kung bakit ang lalapad pero wala tyan

Dali lang yan. Minsan luluwas ka sabihin mo lang-maski sa Bucor or sa dating Lagcom puede tayo. Mag praktis tropa-tapos kuwentuhan tayo beef. Magdadala ako ng pure beef patties-ihawin natin dun. Sagot ni Django Pepsi or Gatorade.

Allegra
06-11-2012, 22:55
Dali lang yan. Minsan luluwas ka sabihin mo lang-maski sa Bucor or sa dating Lagcom puede tayo. Mag praktis tropa-tapos kuwentuhan tayo beef. Magdadala ako ng pure beef patties-ihawin natin dun. Sagot ni Django Pepsi or Gatorade.

Panalo! Thanx :)

DragonEye
06-14-2012, 01:15
Thanks for the detailed explanation, pogi! Didn't know Angus is a grading system of beef. Kaya pala ang Wagyu may Grade 12; grabe sa presyo.

So it's just marketing hype when we encounter a burger joint that claims they use 100% pure beef?

Just a thought, meron bang mga consumer groups ngayon that can expose and see through all these marketing hypes. I can vaguely remember a documentary where they compare the advertised products vs. the actual products.

atmarcella
06-14-2012, 04:31
ano kaya ang grade ng wagyu galing sa mindanao???

boy45
06-14-2012, 05:55
Eto, cgurado maraming matutulungan sa BOGs.

CONDEMNATION:
I brought my laptop to an authorized service center in San Juan. Barely 1.5 years of purely emails and GT posts exchanges, nagluko kulay ng screen (dominant green color) and ayaw mag charge ng batter pack. I left my unit, AC cord, old battery and still-in-pack brand new battery. It took them 1 week to diagnose. After their call, I dashed outright to find out what is wrong.

Findings:
Need to change LCD. Cost P12,000.00
Need to change the 2 batteries (old and new) P6,000 ea.
Sabi ko paki-test nga natin.
Sinaksak nung "MAGALING NA TECHNICIAN" yung bagong battery ko.
Umandar.
Sabi ko: "bakit mo pinapapalitan yun batteries eh AYAN umaandar naman.
Uminit na ulo ko.
Tanong ko: LCD ba talaga sira nyan?
Sagot: Yun Sir ang HINALA KO EH!
Kinuha ko yung laptop sabay sabi: YOU'RE NUTS! You don't know what you are talking about.
I signed the release paper and left the technician na "NAKA-TUNGANGA".

COMMENDATION:
After 2 days of sourcing where to bring the same unit, naisipan kong buksan ang BUY & SELL.
I saw 1 small ad...we repair ALL kinds of laptops, PCs etc.
OH GOD! Small place BUT very professional.
The owner said: we need to check. Paki-iwan na lang. Then he asked me to SIGN ALL IMPORTANT parts that are susceptible to switchings.
Sa loob ko, WOW this is a great system.
Kinabukasan tumawag...tapos na daw.
Screen is back to normal color (NO change of LCD), AC connection is back and all is back to A-1 okay.
Just paid P2800.00

SUPER GALING SA COMPUTER REPAIRS.

Firm is : AB Blanc Computer Repair
Along Main Avenue, Cubao. Between 13th and 14th Streets. Right side.
Owner/Technician/Dentist pa rin: Tony Unarce

Thanks for your tip, Mr.Pogi. I just had my laptop repaired from Dr. Tony. I'm very satisfied. I never thought that it would be fixed anymore. I had it checked in SM Annex and other computer shops and they told me that the motherboard was broken and will cost 12k to replace. But after consulting Dr. Tony, he was able to get it up and running. I paid 2,500 pesos. And no computer parts were replaced.

He's a cool guy. Not your average technician. He's a dentist by profession but repairing computers is his hobby, I think. Thanks again.

pogi
06-14-2012, 16:54
Thanks for your tip, Mr.Pogi. I just had my laptop repaired from Dr. Tony. I'm very satisfied. I never thought that it would be fixed anymore. I had it checked in SM Annex and other computer shops and they told me that the motherboard was broken and will cost 12k to replace. But after consulting Dr. Tony, he was able to get it up and running. I paid 2,500 pesos. And no computer parts were replaced.

He's a cool guy. Not your average technician. He's a dentist by profession but repairing computers is his hobby, I think. Thanks again.

Anytime Pre. It's my way of "spreading good news" which might be of help to others.

pogi
06-14-2012, 17:04
So it's just marketing hype when we encounter a burger joint that claims they use 100% pure beef?Yes Pre. A lot will claim they use pure beef (what kind) or Angus (really? if so, what grade?)

Just a thought, meron bang mga consumer groups ngayon that can expose and see through all these marketing hypes. I can vaguely remember a documentary where they compare the advertised products vs. the actual products.[/quote]Wala eh. Per my daughter's opinion who's into ad/marketing when an ad seems to go overboard or may not be saying the truth-we have the AD BOARD. But that is for soaps, detergents, shampoos, conditioners etc. NOT WITH FOOD. BFAD? I don't think they monitor the concern re food ads.

Allegra
08-19-2012, 09:15
Soutbound sa NLEX meron Caltex w/ a Razon's resto
A guy on the front door of the resto sells damn great tamales
Ewan ko lang kung razon's ang nagbebenta nun
I could have sworn the last time I bought there it was the sikyo who was selling the tamales ( 50 p )
Tamalaes is not for everybody, even i cant understand why I love it
It doesnt even look appetizing :)
Kakaunti na marunong magluto nito, so I grab it whenever I can

Eye Cutter
08-19-2012, 15:46
tamales is made with peppers. acquired taste talaga yun. gawa sa bulacan.

every thursday meron delivery ng tamales tsaka suman pinipig sa merced bakeshop sa ilalim ng edsa-quezon ave. flyover. try mo yung suman pinipig. ang sarap!

Allegra
08-19-2012, 18:34
Bulacan pala sya , I thought it was made in pampanga
Kaya ang sarap mag road trip up north
There's also buboto frpm Bataan almost tastes the same
Kaso the person who made it died, mukang wala ibang may alam gumawa

pogi
08-19-2012, 19:03
Panginoon kong buhay ire, nakita ni Misis yung post mo Fafa A re tamales-ala ay niyayakag akong mag road trip ngayon pa-north. Feborit niya tamales.:crying:

DragonEye
08-20-2012, 00:50
Fafa A, yung tamales na na-try mo meron bang itlog na maalat at nakabalot sa dahon ng saging? And yes, may paminta yan.

Ipost ko sa Wednesday yung number nung gumagawa sa Meycauayan. Nasa opisina kasi yung number. Nagdedeliver sila.

Allegra
08-20-2012, 01:16
Pards, di ko maalala kung itlog na maalat :)
Subo lang kasi ako ng subo , di ko tinitignan hehe
But it looks like maja , w/ red/orange stuff sa gitna, strips of chicken and runny white sauce all over, and mejo spicy
I cant describe how it tastes kasi wala ako maisip katulad
Lasang......native :)

i love all native food :) feeling anthony bourdain

CatsMeow
08-22-2012, 19:36
Not all native food. You won't make me eat balut even if you held a gun against my head...

edtf
08-22-2012, 20:36
Not all native food. You won't make me eat balut even if you held a gun against my head...

I love balut!!! but not good for the gout :crying:
Just don't give me dog cat or rat :)

horge
08-23-2012, 00:01
every thursday meron delivery ng tamales tsaka suman pinipig sa merced bakeshop sa ilalim ng edsa-quezon ave. flyover.

Thanks for the info!
:supergrin:

Eye Cutter
08-23-2012, 00:53
horge: yung tamales every wednesday pala. the suman pinipig ang thursday delivery!

i'm eating my suman right now as i type! sarap!

DragonEye
08-23-2012, 04:32
Had this this morning: it has salted egg and the brown stuff is 'latik'.

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv112/DragonEye_2009/EBE9178C-B0CE-4238-824E-55AF3CA85880-38736-000023D69D99648E.jpg

productionguy
08-23-2012, 08:13
may masarap na gumagawa ng tamales dito sa meyc.masarap siya,tapos ung mga suman sa may marilao bulacan,ung papunta a range,suman pinipig,suman latik etc,eto pang regalo ko lagi.

Eye Cutter
08-23-2012, 08:57
tamales is an acquired taste. made of coconut cream and flavored with ground pepper. matamis na maalat na maanghang na ewan. best kung malamig galing sa ref! sarap!

jeff,

the best yung suman pinipig!

Allegra
08-23-2012, 10:19

Just dont look at it while you eat :)
Basta bago, i love them pati yung syrupy penoy
I chase it w/ straight from the bottle tobasco sauce

There's a 24 hour roadside resto in nueva vizcaya that serves darn great papaitan.
Sabagay , it was the first time I ate papaitan
i remember nasa taas ng bundok , malamig , and mga tao ay rosy cheeks. The place looked surreal at 3 in the morning

Trip lang
Magbaon ng 500 song playlist , point your car up north and start driving
Bahala na kung san abutin

horge
08-23-2012, 18:09
horge: yung tamales every wednesday pala. the suman pinipig ang thursday delivery!

I know. Went there yesterday (Thu), no joy.
:upeyes:

i'm eating my suman right now as i type! sarap!

B*stard.... lol.

edtf
08-27-2012, 16:58
Kuya Pogi!!!!

For giving me the recipe of the 100% "real" pure beef patty!

Unselfish and always ready to help! Not only that he also makes us see food (well also taste) food in a different light :)

Sorry Kuya Pogi. Now lang I got to execute the burger. Kids love it! In fact I also like it. One hassle lang is the wax paper - hirap pala hiwalayin mga patties once they are frozen :supergrin:

Eye Cutter
08-27-2012, 17:29
happy bday fafa pogs! whenever that is!

pogi
08-27-2012, 20:00
Kuya Pogi!!!!

For giving me the recipe of the 100% "real" pure beef patty!

Unselfish and always ready to help! Not only that he also makes us see food (well also taste) food in a different light :)

Sorry Kuya Pogi. Now lang I got to execute the burger. Kids love it! In fact I also like it. One hassle lang is the wax paper - hirap pala hiwalayin mga patties once they are frozen :supergrin:

Wax papers are so. Home type kasi yung recipe na binigay ko kaya I recommended easily available wax paper.
For production purposes, we use "paper-lene" (not sure of the spelling). Almost similar to wax paper but it's the one really for patties. Talagang di siya dumidikit kahit 1 year frozen na patties.
Don't know kung meron ito sa supermarkets. We buy in bulk kasi (normally by the kilo-which 1 kilo could be thousands already). For sure meron sa mga Chinese food ingredients stores. Problem is kung magbenta sila ng konti.

So glad you like it Ed.
Keep on cooking.

pogi
08-27-2012, 20:08
happy bday fafa pogs! whenever that is!

Thank you Doc.
Actually, I do have birthdays every month (yung may kasabay na friend-nakikikain na lang ako)

Pero ang totoo...birthday ko RIN yesterday...na ico-confirm sa Sept 14...na may coronation sa Oct 3...and celebration sa Dec 24. Ah ewan!

edtf
08-27-2012, 21:14
Thank you Doc.
Actually, I do have birthdays every month (yung may kasabay na friend-nakikikain na lang ako)

Pero ang totoo...birthday ko RIN yesterday...na ico-confirm sa Sept 14...na may coronation sa Oct 3...and celebration sa Dec 24. Ah ewan!

Hahaha Blanket happy birthday nalang!!!! remember more birthdays the faster you get old :supergrin:

and of course may you have more birthdays to cum too! :supergrin:

pogi
08-27-2012, 21:37
Hahaha Blanket happy birthday nalang!!!! remember more birthdays the faster you get old :supergrin:Ok lang Ed. Comelec commissioner from past adminS naman nagbibilang ng age ko. Up to now 42 pa lang edad ko.

and of course may you have more birthdays to cum too! :supergrin:=thanks. nakaka 3 pa nga ako.

sandman_sy
08-27-2012, 23:01

Sir. if pwede. pwede din pa PM?? :) i love to learn the arts of burger making. i love eating "REAL" burgers. but prob dito sa Iligan city.. no one makes it. i have to go to cebu (which is not very often na) to get a good burger these days :(

edtf
08-28-2012, 04:28
Sir. if pwede. pwede din pa PM?? :) i love to learn the arts of burger making. i love eating "REAL" burgers. but prob dito sa Iligan city.. no one makes it. i have to go to cebu (which is not very often na) to get a good burger these days :(

I have to say: my kids just complimented the burgers this afternoon when they arrived from school - siyempre mayabang si Tatay!!! :supergrin:

pogi
08-28-2012, 06:56
I have to say: my kids just complimented the burgers this afternoon when they arrived from school - siyempre mayabang si Tatay!!! :supergrin:

Hahaha.
Yan ang korek.
Minsan for variations: add little melted cheddar cheese or blue cheese or chiz whiz into emulsion (the mixture of meat and all other ingredients). This gives a different kick.

Eye Cutter
08-28-2012, 07:48
psst, fafa pogs, pm mo nga recipe na yan sakin!

you should all try fafa pogi's gyoza! sarap!

edtf
08-28-2012, 08:38
Hahaha.
Yan ang korek.
Minsan for variations: add little melted cheddar cheese or blue cheese or chiz whiz into emulsion (the mixture of meat and all other ingredients). This gives a different kick.

Will do. Thanks again for the tip/s :)

psst, fafa pogs, pm mo nga recipe na yan sakin!

you should all try fafa pogi's gyoza! sarap!

Sayang talaga there was a time my son was practicing in Rizal baseball stadium. I should have gone to the resto of Kuya Pogi :( - missed opportunity yon :(

Allegra
08-28-2012, 11:06
nakakagutom ang usapang to
I love burgers

I'd like to commend Palm Beach resort at Laiya
Best value and malapit lang
the place is unbelievably clean and quiet, considering puno siya
Ang bango ng mga kwarto pagpasok
May wifi pero walang signal ang cel, perfect
Meron kayak, jetskis at sfidvoats for the kids pero I preferred reading and snoring sa tabi ng dagat
If I remeber right , wala pang 5k for a room for 5 people , and food was 1400p per person 4 meals
I think it's even better there pag naulan

pogi
08-28-2012, 18:59
nakakagutom ang usapang to
I love burgers

I'd like to commend Palm Beach resort at Laiya
Best value and malapit lang
the place is unbelievably clean and quiet, considering puno siya
Ang bango ng mga kwarto pagpasok
May wifi pero walang signal ang cel, perfect
Meron kayak, jetskis at sfidvoats for the kids pero I preferred reading and snoring sa tabi ng dagat
If I remeber right , wala pang 5k for a room for 5 people , and food was 1400p per person 4 meals
I think it's even better there pag naulan

Fafs A dehins ba siya pang members lang?
That stretch up to dulo ay talagang resting sites.

Wp.22
08-28-2012, 19:06
FAFA A. mabilis ba SFIDVOATS nila?

pogi
08-28-2012, 19:06
Will do. Thanks again for the tip/s :)

Sayang talaga there was a time my son was practicing in Rizal baseball stadium. I should have gone to the resto of Kuya Pogi :( - missed opportunity yon :(

Haha.
Next opportunity Ed.
It's Manila Q at 2/F One Archer's Place just beside Bro. Andrew Gonzales' Hall (with 7Eleven & Allied Bank at ground floor). Walang dimsum & dumplings. ALL innovated Pinoy recipes. Small place lang siya-but concept is different. Go to open chiller and choose what you wanna have. All vacuum packed for sealed in freshness and flavor.

Text ka kung punta ka dun.

Allegra
08-29-2012, 02:21
Fafs A dehins ba siya pang members lang?
That stretch up to dulo ay talagang resting sites.

Hindi pards, you can book thru their alabang office
http://lafrondosa.com/

It's been awhile since I've been to laiya
Sementeado na pala dun
Someone is bound to ask how does Palm beach compare to aquatico ( the other high end resort sa laiya )
Aquatico has rooms ( and the price ) to make you go hwaw!
Kaso mejo a little crowded ang rooms tabi tabi,and they have a bar
Kung beach gimik siguro , mas aquatico

If you want tahimik and relaxation , i'd go palm beach
Strange my kids preferred palm beach

Allegra
08-29-2012, 02:33
FAFA A. mabilis ba SFIDVOATS nila?

didnt get to ride kasi di daw pwede
Masyado malakas mga habagat like alon last weekend
sawi si colin farrell
But I'm guessing mabilis kasi the engine took up half of the boat
Duguan nga mga kayakers pag semplang sa buhangin sa lakas ng alon :)

pogi
08-29-2012, 02:37
Hindi pards, you can book thru their alabang office
http://lafrondosa.com/

It's been awhile since I've been to laiya
Sementeado na pala dun
Someone is bound to ask how does Palm beach compare to aquatico ( the other high end resort sa laiya )
Aquatico has rooms ( and the price ) to make you go hwaw!
Kaso mejo a little crowded ang rooms tabi tabi,and they have a bar
Kung beach gimik siguro , mas aquatico

If you want tahimik and relaxation , i'd go palm beach
Strange my kids preferred palm beach

Ganda. Tinitingnan ko pa lang pics nare-relax nako eh. Thanks.
I will book with Ara.

Wp.22
08-29-2012, 02:54
didnt get to ride kasi di daw pwede
Masyado malakas mga habagat like alon last weekend
sawi si colin farrell
But I'm guessing mabilis kasi the engine took up half of the boat
Duguan nga mga kayakers pag semplang sa buhangin sa lakas ng alon :)

dapat naka white havana shirt ka while sfeeding on the sfidvoat bwahahahah. Collin Farrel:rofl:

pogi
01-19-2013, 01:35
Reviving...
CONDEMNATION for 1 Lintik na Telco.

2 months back, while my favorite one is "installing state of the art improvements", tried another Telco.

Initial stages were full of callings and nice voices and good service promises and follow-ups to make you sign up. After I signed up and paid the advance subs fee...nowhere will you find those nice voices AGAIN. Service? Same with that of my fave. Drop calls? Pre-preho lang.

Worst is, exactly 5 days before the first due date NOT NICE VOICES but REMINDERS from maybe a hired-agency were always at my phone REMINDING me to pay on the coming due date. This was done every day.

Got irritated and did not pay on due date. Wanted to check what those "REMINDING VOICES" will do. 4 days passed, I instructed staff to pay and give those "REMINDING VOICES" a call stating the payment.

Worst again is, after staff paid for account, called, reported the payment, she was reminded of the next bill which will be due next month. OMG!!!

I am again receiving calls REMINDING me that P1,000+ ONLY...refit...ONLY will be due in the next 5 days.

Para bagang pagka-laki laki ng utang ko at tatakbuhan ko ungas na yan.

Nakupo. Buti na lang 6 months lang holding period ko sa pinutukan ng lintik na yan.

In between the lines:
Money is primary, the ONLY, nothing else, the driving factor behind the biz. SERVICE? Anak ng... sino lolokohin niyo? Ala namang pinagbago.

Tingin ko masyadong MUKHANG PERA.

Some may rationalize: It's the duty of the agency & they do it that way.

My reply: YES. But can it (it na lang itatawag ko) not issue instructions to the agency NOT to be so. To be A BIT PROFESSIONAL?

horge
01-19-2013, 15:19
Puso mo... :)

Allegra
01-20-2013, 02:05
is it true new cars released since july of last year wala pa din license plates?

CatsMeow
01-20-2013, 19:47
Re: Robinsons Ermita

Last Saturday noon I parked my car at Robinsons Ermita. When I came back mid-afternoon the bag I placed in the passenger's seat was gone, although the doors were still locked. I reported it to security, hoping that there would be CCTV footage, only to find out that there are no cameras covering the parking spaces. In that bag were my IDs, my faithful old camera (had to buy its replacement yesterday), bank passbook and other equipment, plus a magazine I had yet to finish reading. IDs and bankbooks can be replaced, but it should not have happened.

Now excuse me if I will now be much more warier when shopping at Robinsons Ermita, where things disappear and the security is clueless.

pogi
01-22-2013, 21:32
Re: Robinsons Ermita

Last Saturday noon I parked my car at Robinsons Ermita. When I came back mid-afternoon the bag I placed in the passenger's seat was gone, although the doors were still locked. I reported it to security, hoping that there would be CCTV footage, only to find out that there are no cameras covering the parking spaces. In that bag were my IDs, my faithful old camera (had to buy its replacement yesterday), bank passbook and other equipment, plus a magazine I had yet to finish reading. IDs and bankbooks can be replaced, but it should not have happened.

Now excuse me if I will now be much more warier when shopping at Robinsons Ermita, where things disappear and the security is clueless.

Pero Bro, how's the door window glass? Intact?

CatsMeow
01-23-2013, 00:14
Yes, everything intact. Doors were still locked, I lock them manually. Everything looking normal except for the missing bag. I'm still brooding over that beloved 5 year old point-and-shoot camera of mine, though the new one is more powerful the pictures are not as good. Probably some very efficient thieves there.

And with no CCTV we'll never know, allegedly they're still in the process of installing them... inexcusable. I ought to fire off an indignant email to Robinsons management. The security wouldn't answer me directly if there were similar cases.

And the injunction against leaving valuables in the car should not be an excuse. In the first place, the car itself is a valuable that should have been guarded assidiously.