So, I wrote some poems... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : So, I wrote some poems...

PrincessTaurus
01-24-2007, 15:36
...but I don't think I can post them due to some language and topics. I'm actually interested in sharing, but honestly do not think I can post them. I really don't care if you hate them either. Cuz, they sure aren't for everyone's taste.

Any poets out there interested in hearing some of my poetry (well, reading it, I guess)? I guess I could email...

I think women would like some of my writing the best. But, I'm pretty dark at times.

If you are interested, let me know...k?

PrincessTaurus
01-24-2007, 15:44
Here's one of the "clean" ones (at least I think it's clean). I believe poetry is meant to be recited or read outloud. I don't need feedback. Just either enjoy or hate or cry or ignore. I'm just putting it out there cuz someone told me to and I am starting a new trend, listening to people I care about and/or respect.

The Dishes Flew
December 30, 2006

I asked you why.
You couldnít answer.
But the weight
of life
trapped me
hid me
strangled me

I asked you for help.
You couldnít give me.
But the battle
of hearts
tied me up
and held me
down

I asked you to listen.
You didnít hear me.
But the shouts
to heaven
screamed back
slapping
shocking
terrifying

I asked you to love me.
You werenít able.
But the piercing LIES
pacified

I asked you to hold my hand.
you shoved
and
kicked
and

pushed

me

away

temper tantrum
But
the vows
I made
forced
pleaded
tore me

a p a r t

until
the
dishes
flew

and
rage in my heart

cried
tears
of broken telephones
and
cat scratch fever

insignificant again
in the eyes
of
love

insignificant I felt

until
the
dishes
flew

and
suddenly
you saw

and you noticed
me

after
the
dishes
flew

I asked you to look at me.
you looked
with rage
hate
disgust

I asked you to hold me.
you
walked
away

and
the
dishes
flew

-Heather Blackburn McNeil

Dandapani
01-24-2007, 18:23
You need a :hugs:

PrincessTaurus
01-24-2007, 18:38
Originally posted by dmobrien2001
You need a :hugs: :supergrin: Thanks. But, believe it or not, that's my dark side. My "out". I stay sane by writing the evil thoughts or happenings and then am quite content.

I haven't had much time to let the writing juices flow lately and I felt a bit unbalanced. This poem is from a LONG time ago in reality. OVER 7 years ago. So, thanks for the hug, but it is NOT my present....nor will it be my future.

I gotta go to the grocery store and then write a grad. paper.

Take it easy!:thumbsup:

Giggity-Giggity
02-03-2007, 11:18
I really like it. That's what's so great about poetry: EXPRESSION.

Can I ask what was the theme or background to this? I think it's deeper than just your "dark side".

7 CAV A TROOP
02-04-2007, 21:58
I thought it showed reselience,a backed in a corner kind of faceoff,finally a coiled snake bobbing,rattling,weaving,a standoff.Princess T. that was moving.Well done....:wavey:

RENEA
02-23-2007, 03:46
Some pretty powerful stuff there! I haven't dabbled in poetry or writing for nearly a decade but did keep a detailed journal of my time spent in former Yugoslavia 10 years ago while in the military. Some pretty depressing stuff & a life changing experience to say the least.