Annandale, VA Shops? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Annandale, VA Shops?

Slinger646
01-24-2007, 17:15
Im going to be in Annandale for work tomorrow, any cool stores in the area. I really dont want to stray too far from Annandale....Thanks :beer:

mouser
01-24-2007, 17:37
If you need any Korean groceries, you'll definitely be in the right place. :eat:
Absolutely nothing for guns, ammo, etc.
If you are coming in/leaving via I-66, there's the NRA museum just off an exit in Fairfax.

Slinger646
01-24-2007, 18:25
To the NRA I go!

alien-Glocker
01-24-2007, 18:33
I think you need to call ahead for the museum. You can't just drop in.

+1 on the Korean shops and food in Annandale too.

vafish
01-24-2007, 18:35
Originally posted by alien-Glocker
I think you need to call ahead for the museum. You can't just drop in.

+1 on the Korean shops and food in Annandale too.

No need to call.

From the NRA museum FAQ:

Q: What are the museum hours?
A: The National Firearms Museum is open daily from 10 AM to 4 PM, except for major holidays.

No decent gun shops left in Annandale. There used to be a couple, but Dawson's moved to Woodbridge years ago and The Loading Bench shut down several years ago to.

Powder Monkey
02-07-2007, 11:01
Originally posted by vafish
...There used to be a couple, but Dawson's moved to Woodbridge years ago and The Loading Bench shut down several years ago to.

Whoa! That stirred some ancient memories for me. Most of my purchases were done at Dawson's back in the late 1960's. Ray Dawson I believe was the owner's name. Moved to Woodbridge, you say? I'll have drop in some weekend.

vafish
02-08-2007, 16:50
Down off of route 1 North of Shooters Paradise.

I would do my window shopping at Dawsons, then go around the corner to the Loading Bench and have Dale order it for me.

I think I put at least one of Dale's kids through college.

Fungunner
02-09-2007, 02:39
Ah, Dawsons...

I remember there was an in-door range located under a deli, right next door to Dawsons.

Doubt it is still there. Sure made eating at the deli interesting.

munch...munch...munch...boom...munch...munch...boom...

I've been to the store in Woodbridge. Bought a P232 from them.

vafish
02-09-2007, 20:07
Originally posted by Fungunner
Ah, Dawsons...

I remember there was an in-door range located under a deli, right next door to Dawsons.

Doubt it is still there. Sure made eating at the deli interesting.

munch...munch...munch...boom...munch...munch...boom...

I've been to the store in Woodbridge. Bought a P232 from them.

That range shut down 3 or 4 years ago.

I remember the old guy that ran the place, used to sit in the range, no hearing protection, while folks shot.

Carlitos
02-12-2007, 09:40
Originally posted by vafish
That range shut down 3 or 4 years ago.

I remember the old guy that ran the place, used to sit in the range, no hearing protection, while folks shot.

It was the LAST civilian range inside the beltway. Fewer ranges = less shooting and less skill w/ the guns that are owned by civilians.

As bad as Annandale Small Arms was, I think it was a loss to our community when the owners got into a fight and the place shut down.

CBR.

vafish
02-12-2007, 10:50
Originally posted by Carlitos
It was the LAST civilian range inside the beltway. Fewer ranges = less shooting and less skill w/ the guns that are owned by civilians.

As bad as Annandale Small Arms was, I think it was a loss to our community when the owners got into a fight and the place shut down.

CBR.

If you define Civilian as non military or LEO there are at least 2 other ranges inside the beltway (one actually in DC), but they are not open to the public.

They are on private school grounds.

NoSuchStudios
02-12-2007, 13:21
Ah Annandale Small Arms. I miss those guys. Shot the first gun i ever purchased over there. The place was a hole but they were always friendly and easy going.

Anyone know what ever happened to the likes of them? Real good folk, used to hang out for hours after i'd get out of work over at Actiondale Studios across the way.

I can't think of anything worth going to over there except the comic book shop.