Armscor 1911 gaining popularity [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Armscor 1911 gaining popularity

chowchow
01-24-2007, 19:54
I stopped by a small gunshop dito sa West of Houston and they have two Armscor 1911s Elite, importer is Century Ams. Fit and finish are superb and a nice crisp trigger. The seller was saying for five years now armscor has improved a lot. American 1911 lovers have highly recommended these budget price model and they cant stock them long enough. Sure does I was amazed of the tight fit and smooth finish. The grips were smooth of high quality. Has combat syle hammer, light trigger and flat MS. It was priced for $430 plus tax. Looks like word has spread well about the improved quality of Armscor. Thanks to the internet,
I sure was proud that it was Philippine made, pride of Marikina natin.

bulm540
01-24-2007, 20:27
Ditto!!!

chowchow
01-24-2007, 20:45
The finish I remember appears a bakelike texture, whoa. Smooth as baby's butt.

HEAVY
01-24-2007, 21:07
you're right, the philippine made 1911's are selling like hotcakes in the u.s., mainly because of the great value they offer.

good quality, highly affordable.

visit this site, they have a section solely devoted to the Philippine-made 1911's.

http://forum.m1911.org/forumdisplay.php?f=17

proudly pinoy-made!

chowchow
01-24-2007, 21:32
All Armscor ba ang military issue sidearm sa AFP? How about PNP, norinco ba sila? Or they have to purchase on their own at a special discount? Police dito dealers' price naman yan at tax deductable pa on filing.

blueeagle
01-25-2007, 03:46
Elite 1911 pistols are made by SAM. century arms is the US distributor of SAM pistols. these pistols come from cebu, philippines.:)

tagaykoyan
01-25-2007, 05:47
yes, these guns are selling like hotcakes in the US, specially the Rock Island Armory (an Armscor gun marketed by Twin Pines). good reviews, thats why i bought one as my first pistol:thumbsup:

TTPower
01-25-2007, 06:24
hey since were talking about armscor.... i'm planning to buy a 1911 single stack. so overall which is better? armscor or norinco. price, fittings, durability. i'm also planning to have a gunsmith tuned it :)

Eye Cutter
01-25-2007, 06:43
if you can find an original colt 1911, yan ang bilhin mo.

norincos are highly regarded for its steel. it has cult status like the colts and the glocks. you can't go wrong with one.

royal glockster
01-25-2007, 08:30
Originally posted by blueeagle
Elite 1911 pistols are made by SAM. century arms is the US distributor of SAM pistols. these pistols come from cebu, philippines.:)

+1, blueeagle. Elite is SAM government model 1911 marketed by Century Arms Intl. in the U.S. Chowchow, you must have mistaken the Elite as Armscor FS 1911. There's no such thing as Armscor Elite..:upeyes:

chowchow
01-25-2007, 09:20
O nagkamali ako pala, anyway maganda ang dateng, anyway if you have to choose amongst the two, the SAM and Armscor (RIA and Charles Daly), which is better built? Pareho lang yata no? Mukha nga I see these RP made 1911s are getting more popularity by the day and ultimately it will be recognized, i hope they dont go down in quality but will be as good or better than the Springers and Colts today. Pakitain nang RP na kayang kaya nang Dugong Pilipino.

jasonub
01-25-2007, 17:56
it has cult status like the colts and the glocks. you can't go wrong with one. [/B][/QUOTE]
until you drifire it and its breechface breaks:animlol:

Django
01-25-2007, 22:50
A head above the rest, the RIA 1911's are.

zorkd
01-26-2007, 21:22
pero if we remember that norinco is still (afaik) not allowed to sell their guns in the american market and the "anti china" sentiment that some of the americans have is pretty strong, i would say that i would not be surprised if the norinco would outsell the armscors if they were available, maski parehas pa ang price.

Valor1
01-27-2007, 19:38
Originally posted by chowchow
O nagkamali ako pala, anyway maganda ang dateng, anyway if you have to choose amongst the two, the SAM and Armscor (RIA and Charles Daly), which is better built? Pareho lang yata no? Mukha nga I see these RP made 1911s are getting more popularity by the day and ultimately it will be recognized, i hope they dont go down in quality but will be as good or better than the Springers and Colts today. Pakitain nang RP na kayang kaya nang Dugong Pilipino.

Kahit nakapikit, I'll go for the Armscor. Kaya nga pati STI nakipag-partner with Armscor on the STI Spartan.

chowchow
01-27-2007, 22:53
Halos gusto na rin ako magkaruon nang Armscor RIA kaso lang Glock 19 pa ang ini target ko.