How can I save video on my hard drive... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How can I save video on my hard drive...

Mr. PC
01-25-2007, 03:32
How can I SAVE video from news web sites that use small windows media players built into their web page?

Cassius
01-25-2007, 08:12
Get the source of the page:
(1) go to View ~ Source
(2) if that doesn't work, such as if the page is in frames, right-click just outside the video player and then hit View Source

Then, look in the source for the < embed > or < object > tag that indicates the video player. There should be a src= or something like that with a path and filename

Then, add that path and filename to the website url. So if it says < embed src="/videos/myvideo.mpg"> and the website is glocktalk.com, then in the address bar of your browser add "/videos/myvideo.mpg" to the end of the url

That should load the video fullscreen outside the webpage

Once you have that, you can just use File ~ Save As, and save it.

Blitzer
01-25-2007, 08:48
Get video Downloader at http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php

Blitzer
01-25-2007, 08:50
Originally posted by Cassius
Get the source of the page:
(1) go to View ~ Source
(2) if that doesn't work, such as if the page is in frames, right-click just outside the video player and then hit View Source

Then, look in the source for the < embed > or < object > tag that indicates the video player. There should be a src= or something like that with a path and filename

Then, add that path and filename to the website url. So if it says < embed src="/videos/myvideo.mpg"> and the website is glocktalk.com, then in the address bar of your browser add "/videos/myvideo.mpg" to the end of the url

That should load the video fullscreen outside the webpage

Once you have that, you can just use File ~ Save As, and save it.

That technique will kill any intrest in the process if Mr. PC is a novice and it doesn't work for every situation. See my post about Video Downloader.

prism
01-25-2007, 09:42
this is worth a shot: http://keepvid.com/