Going Piggie hunting [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Going Piggie hunting

Sharker
01-26-2007, 08:33
I just got the invite to hunt with a buddy on an island he has rights to here in the salt marshes. He went a couple weeks ago (first time in 3 years) and said the pigs have over run it. We are gonna be limited to rimfire and bow, so not the most ideal of situations, but its gonna be a blast.

Havent been in the woods for a year, so I figured I would share the excitement. The whole trip is gonna cost me a tank of gas. I will try to remember to bring the digital so I can document, but wont be able to post pics till next week.

eagles405
01-26-2007, 10:04
Good Luck aand stay safe! I hope to be hunting some wild pork soon too.

Eagles 405

Sharker
01-26-2007, 13:32
Thanks eagle. Good luck to you on your up and coming. This is my first real hunt all year, so I am stoked (new job has really screwed with my hobbies)

I just found out the owner says hand guns are ok too, so I may get to pop one with the .45acp! Man I am pumped.

noway
01-26-2007, 14:32
I'm also hog hunting sunday and maybe I might get an evening in on sat also if I get lucky. Looking for a small boar/sow weighing 100-150lbs or I would love to get a a juicy 70-80lb hog for the grill. Plan on splitting him/her from tail to nose and roasting him for Valentine day if possible

eagles405
01-26-2007, 23:39
Noway,

Just make sure to take some extra ammo with you. good luck:thumbsup: :wavey:

eagles 405

noway
01-29-2007, 12:33
Yeah I took alot of ammo ( 12 rounds vrs my standard 6 ) and saw one hog , 5 deer and had about 6 turkeys looking at me from a far on sunday. No luck the hog was about 175ft away and go thru a sendero and into a oak cluster. By the time I seen him he might as well have been 200miles away ;sad

No other activities other the deer and turkeys. I sat under the same oak tree that I saw the above hog and about 2.5 hrs later I heard some rustle and got all tense and excite but when the Tom stuck his head out and spot me it was game over. The suprise for me was when 5 other males came running and jumping out of the cover when big male #1 cluck and ran.

Just seeing those birds made my day, nope my week, I just hope they would do something stupid like this come the ending of March/april

;)