Class for UT permit in Indy [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Class for UT permit in Indy

minuteman32
01-26-2007, 12:01
Anyone interested in getting a UT permit, we're having a class on 2/10/07 @ Marion County Fish & Game Assn. @ 9 AM. (Check indyrange.com for directions.)

The combination of IN, UT & PA permits nets 31 states you can carry in (w/ OH being the closest that honors UT but not IN).

The class should last 3 hrs, or so, & costs $150. If you are a member of a national pro 2A organization (NRA, GOA, JPFO, etc.), $25 is deducted (membership forms will be available there). If you are a MCF&G member another $25 will be deducted, as well (will try to have info on that as well).

Buckaroo
01-26-2007, 12:26
Does OH honor a non-resident UT? Many states do not recognize non-res permits....

I have a UT already or I would be interested.

minuteman32
01-26-2007, 12:57
MI, NH, FL, SC, WV & possibly KS require resident permits. Of those MI, NH & FL recognize UT & IN permits. The other states honor neither IN nor UT. handgunlaw.us has a lot of good info regarding this & is updated VERY quickly.

epsylum
01-26-2007, 16:40
Count me in.

:thumbsup:

Josed
01-28-2007, 20:47
Me too. Whats is the start time.:banana:

Warp
01-28-2007, 21:27
Originally posted by minuteman32
Anyone interested in getting a UT permit, we're having a class on 2/10/07 @ Marion County Fish & Game Assn. @ 9 AM. (Check indyrange.com for directions.)

The combination of IN, UT & PA permits nets 31 states you can carry in (w/ OH being the closest that honors UT but not IN).

The class should last 3 hrs, or so, & costs $150. If you are a member of a national pro 2A organization (NRA, GOA, JPFO, etc.), $25 is deducted (membership forms will be available there). If you are a MCF&G member another $25 will be deducted, as well (will try to have info on that as well).

Count me in. :thumbsup:

What do I have to do besides showing up with ability to pay?

minuteman32
01-29-2007, 09:15
That's it. Just come w/ the class fee. I will do the class, notarize & sign off on the apps. & provide a fingerprint card. All that is required after that is for the applicant to make a copy of their ID, get their prints taken @ the LE agency of their choice, get a passport photo & send the app. to UT w/ their $59 fee.

See you there.

P.S. I will provide PA apps. for those that want them, too. All that gains is PA, but I make them available since FL is honored there & UT is not. (They are $26/5 yrs., to PA.)

cougar_guy04
01-29-2007, 13:12
How often are these classes held? I can't swing it this time around, but I would be very interested because the UT permit would work well for me until I get my residence transferred to a 2A friendly state.

minuteman32
01-29-2007, 13:30
Originally posted by cougar_guy04
How often are these classes held? I can't swing it this time around, but I would be very interested because the UT permit would work well for me until I get my residence transferred to a 2A friendly state.

I'm going to try to do these, approximately quarterly, if possible.

Warp
01-29-2007, 15:05
That's it. Just come w/ the class fee. I will do the class, notarize & sign off on the apps. & provide a fingerprint card. All that is required after that is for the applicant to make a copy of their ID, get their prints taken @ the LE agency of their choice, get a passport photo & send the app. to UT w/ their $59 fee.

See you there.

P.S. I will provide PA apps. for those that want them, too. All that gains is PA, but I make them available since FL is honored there & UT is not. (They are $26/5 yrs., to PA.)

Sweet. I would like a PA application, please. Have family there.

See ya Feb 10. :)

cougar_guy04
01-29-2007, 15:47
I'm going to try to do these, approximately quarterly, if possible.
Cool. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the next one.:thumbsup:

rhino465
01-30-2007, 11:04

Are PA licenses/permits through the state now, or are they still issued through individual counties? If the latter, which county's applications to you have?

minuteman32
01-30-2007, 11:43
It is county by county. I use the Centre Co. apps. & can bring one on Thurs. if you like. Or you can download it from their website, if you prefer. Let me know.

rhino465
01-30-2007, 22:58
Ah, technology! Do you have the link handy?

I also need to check and see when my Pennsylvania license expires!

minuteman32
01-31-2007, 08:55
Originally posted by rhino465
Ah, technology! Do you have the link handy?

I also need to check and see when my Pennsylvania license expires!

Yessuree. http://www.co.centre.pa.us/sheriff/license_to_carry.pdf