Venison Crockpot chili [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Venison Crockpot chili

eagles405
01-26-2007, 22:24
well some friends and I are going camping sat. night and I decided to make some chili. This is the original recipe:

Ingredients:
1 pound ground venison
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 pint tomato juice
1 can tomato sauce
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can pinto or kidney beans
1 package chili mix

Directions:

Brown meat, onion and garlic in skillet. Put in crock pot along with all other ingredients. Cook on low setting for 6 to 10 hours or overnight.

This recipe for Venison Chili serves/makes 6

I have also added some green chili peppers, some more chili powder and kayan Pepper. It looks and tastes real good. If anybody has some other good venison crock pot recipes I would love to try them as they are easy meals for a college student.

eagles 405

eagles405
01-26-2007, 22:35
a pic of the chili

Mild Bill
01-27-2007, 21:01
Looks real good!
But one pound of ground meat, a can of corn and a can of beans, feeds ---- me!

;)

alwaysshootin
01-27-2007, 21:09
I don't see how that could possibly feed six. I would atleast double the recipe. I would also exchange the kidney beans with Brooks hot chili beans. Looks like with your recipe you will have to add alot of cayenne to spice it up to taste like chili.

tavo
01-29-2007, 04:40

UTKEngineer
02-27-2007, 10:46
Ah, the great Chili debate:

Tomotaoes no tomatoes (yes for this TN boy)
Beans/No beans (eh, either way)
Potatoes (eh..... if I'm trying to stretch it)
rice (sometimes, mostly fritos)
and so on...

Have you ever tried using cubed meat instead of ground? I find that I like the texture SO much better. You might also want to try mixing some meats (1/3 venison, 1/3 pork, 1/3 beef). Naturally those types of meat are just suggestions, whatever you kill will do nicely as well :thumbsup:

Lowrider 49
03-18-2007, 23:41
3/4 deer and 1/4 hog with the fat on. Cut it up...no grinding. You could use thick cut bacon instead. No package mix...chili powder and Cumin, lots of garlic and onions and I like stewed tomatos and a little okra with the creamed corn never hurt anything. Cook it at least 2 hours at a high simmer or until the meat is tender. Fresh bread makes good for dippin.