checkpoints during gunban [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : checkpoints during gunban

danger26
01-29-2007, 14:18
Hi guys, are there special rules regarding checkpoints during the gunban period. Can the police insist on opening compartments in your car, asking you to step out etc. and can we refuse? What rights do we as law abiding citizens have during this gunban? Even if we have nothing to hide, it would still be nice to know that we can lawfully "refuse" car searches. Thanks!!!

chowchow
01-29-2007, 15:15
Most of the time sa atin nakatutuk yung mga M16s, M14s, M203s at M60s MG sa harap mo, visual intimidation pagkasabi. Either you fight or flight. Sabihan mu nalang sa pulis or sundalo , nagmamadali ka kasi naeebak ang pakiramdam mo, LOL.

magister
01-29-2007, 17:07
http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=572595&highlight=checkpoints

chowchow
01-29-2007, 18:42
Remain calm and polite. Kung magtanong puede ba tingnan namin ang likod ng car trunk mo, reply, boss sa ganon i would need you to show me a search warrant. Kung gusto nyo gagawin yan tatawagan ko muna ang lawyer ko. I bet kung sino man ang sargento sa grupo ma waive ka kaagad.

bertud ng putik
01-30-2007, 01:47
kung ano lang ang nakikita ng mga mata nila, at konting flashlight at tingin tingin lang. yun lang ang pag check point nila. eye visibility lang ika nga.

Glock_19_9x19
01-30-2007, 03:18
Originally posted by chowchow
Most of the time sa atin nakatutuk yung mga M16s, M14s, M203s at M60s MG sa harap mo, visual intimidation pagkasabi. Either you fight or flight. Sabihan mu nalang sa pulis or sundalo , nagmamadali ka kasi naeebak ang pakiramdam mo, LOL.

M60s at sari-sari pa SMGs kung PNP-SAF o AFP ang tao sa checkpoint.

There was a time I got flagged down at a checkpoint in Malate. The senior PO asked for my driver's license, so I presented it to him. Wala pa 5secs of browsing binalik nya sakin agad yung license ko at medyo namumutla sya. Biglang bumait pa nga eh. I guess he saw yung card ng aunt ko(Napolcom Commissioner) sa likod ng license jacket ko :animlol:

Basics...while approaching a checkpoint:
dim ur headlights, open cabin light, open driver window, be calm, polite/courteous (Remember, tao din yan.)
So far di pa ako nakakaranas ng detailed search sa auto.

3kings
01-30-2007, 03:48
from what i know, they are only limited to visual search and nothing more.

cshermiel
01-30-2007, 07:08
there was this checkpoint in malate area that despite the car i was driving that time didn't have any tint, sobrang tutok sa akin ng flashlight ng mga pulis. :sad:
when i opened my doomlight, sila yung nagulat dahil maliwanag sa loob ng kotse. :shocked:
sila na mismo ang nagpatay ng flashlights nila and they were quite polite naman. ako na mismo ang nag-volunter to open my trunk and glove-compartment to show that i wasn't hiding anything. they just checked my license and asked if i was "carrying." when i said no, the policemen let me through and even said thank you, and reminded me to be careful. :thumbsup:

jimbullet
01-31-2007, 07:27
Sometimes checkpoints are present near the RCBC along Buendia Makati but they dont really stop you unless highly suspicious. Another is in Malabon near Malabon zoo but is seldom manned. You just see the sign checkpoint. If Im not mistaken there is also one going to Pateros, which you just have to close your headlights and probably open your dome light and go slow. They will let you pass unless something is suspicious. FYI

ppts799
01-31-2007, 19:15
i believe there is a rule that states checkpoints should be brightly lit areas. but to this day, i still see checkpoints na madilim. so it's so hard to know kung legit or not :sad:

Ibanag76
02-01-2007, 09:14
the best way to do is, stay calm and relax give and show what they ask for, trabaho nila kasi yan no choice tayo mga bro, wag lang tayo arogante sa kanila, and i am sure they will also do that to us :hugs:

jimbullet
02-02-2007, 21:52
Unfortunately, we are at their mercy....whether legit or not so better to avoid certain areas. If not legit, you still stop and they can do what they want....that is what a GUNBAN does. Take away your liberty and ability for self defense