IMPD Officer Shortage??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : IMPD Officer Shortage???

IPDBrad
01-31-2007, 08:15
What, you got to be kidding me?

WRTV6 Ticker was reporting the the IMPD announced a pending shortage of officers due to retirement (not including all the officers hunting for new gigs). Over 100 officers are part of the three year DROP program and are retiring this year.

Apparently this fact just reached the mayor.:upeyes: And he decided to step up and solve this problem (thought the merger was supposed to add more officers).

IMPD is seeking applicants to hire significantly more officers over the next 2 years. I am sure Bart's hiring freeze for 2 years did nothing to harm the numbers of cops on the force.:steamed:

R. Emmelman
01-31-2007, 14:19
So do you think many MPD officers would look for something at another department? I would think that they could not get as much pay and benefits as MPD offers. Would they be willing to take a cut for a smaller department just to get away from Sir. Bart?

biggl35
01-31-2007, 16:37
Do they have a weight limit? :embarassed:

jsx1043
01-31-2007, 17:40
Any chance on a lateral class?

sjstill
01-31-2007, 18:18
Funny, I've been noticing a lot more white cars out on the West-side.

Co-incidence???

Hope they [the brass] get their Sierra together......

IPDBrad
01-31-2007, 20:15
Originally posted by sjstill
Funny, I've been noticing a lot more white cars out on the West-side.

Shouldn't be, after all Bart said no IPD guys would be pulled from the inner city.:upeyes:

Weight limit, no. But must pass ILEA standards.

Lateral class, that would be too logical, oh and cost savings, and shorter cross training time....

I have heard lots of interest expressed about Carmel and Fishers which are not far off what IMPD pays. Several people are looking at out of state or federal gigs.

bradp
02-01-2007, 21:21
I have heard lots of interest expressed about Carmel and Fishers which are not far off what IMPD pays. Several people are looking at out of state or federal gigs. [/B][/QUOTE]

Could one of those people be you IMPDBrad er I mean IPDBrad?:supergrin:

mediocrity
02-03-2007, 01:33
I've applied. ;-) Written test, Feb 18.

Indy_Guy_77
02-04-2007, 13:50
If it weren't for the ILEA physical agility standards, I would probably be employed by IMPD today.

I think that I'd make a good police officer and have had several other people tell me the same.

BUT, despite jogging/running for a year, I still couldn't even make the time limit for the timed run. After the written test, I didn't bother going to the next round.

Kind of funny how you can have so many BIG (read: overweight) officers on the force but not any trainees...

I guess that doesn't matter much to me now, as I've changed my mind about that avenue for employment. Having a police officer friend shot and killed will do that.

-J-