Oh sheet, new AW Bill in Pa [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Oh sheet, new AW Bill in Pa

plow78
02-01-2007, 17:22
PA HB 30 AWB (http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/PN/Public/btCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&sessYr=2007&sessInd=0&billBody=H&billTyp=B&billNbr=0030&pn=0055)
:soap: :shakehead: :puking: :holysheep:

r u kiddin me with this.....
25 (c) Compliance check.--The Pennsylvania State Police may, no
26 more than once per year, conduct an inspection to ensure
27 compliance with this subsection.
28 (d) Penalty.--Any person who violates subsection (a) or (b)
29 commits a felony of the third degree.
30 § 6155. Fees.
20070H0030B0055

DeadMansLife
02-01-2007, 18:07
Can you say, "The Peoples Republic of Pennsylvania"?

FortyCaliber
02-01-2007, 18:38
What a bunch of excrement!

SHEPHERD321
02-02-2007, 05:33
How many guns are capable of having a magazine that holds more the 10 rounds.

Dogmeat00
02-02-2007, 06:20
well atleast now I'll have a reason to move out of PA.

Jeets
02-02-2007, 10:27
This has no chance of passing!

9mmMike
02-02-2007, 14:15
And we're all writing & calling our reps, right?

I'm with jeets though. No chance. But......

And we're all writing & calling our reps, right?

DeadMansLife
02-02-2007, 14:16
Originally posted by Jeets
This has no chance of passing!

While I'd like to share your optimism, I don't believe any one of us can afford to sit on our bunghole and wait and see.

This one deserves a phone call as well as a letter.

Pat T
02-02-2007, 17:05
While your writing your reps (I did!) dont forget to mention your opposition to HB 41 which basically sets up a Pennsylvania State BATFE. We need this one like the holes in the democrats heads.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/Legis/PN/Public/btCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&sessYr=2007&sessInd=0&billBody=H&billTyp=B&billNbr=0041&pn=0066

There are seven or eight gun control bills referred to the Judiciary committee, including the ones we've discussed. The sneaky ba$tards are fixing it so that the bills don't show up with the search by topic function, so you have to read each and every bill proposed to see what they are up to.

HB 20 - Guns must be stored in a safe
HB 21 - Big fine & jail if convicted of crime while using or displaying a gun
HB 22 - One handgun per month
HB 23 - Elimination of pre-emption for Philly
HB 24 - Gun registration
HB 25 - Philly AWB
HB 28 - A felony to posess a gun in Philly without a license, midemeanor if you DO have a license (if I read that right, what a crock!)
HB 29 - crime not to report a stolen weapon within 24 hrs.

They've been busy little beavers, them libs.

n3hcp
02-03-2007, 21:52
I have just sent an e-mail to my represenitive...have you???:thumbsup:

Stony
02-05-2007, 19:17
Dear Philthydelphia,
Please fall off the face of the earth taking Liberal parts of California and Massachusetts with you. I'm sure people like Dwight Evans will lead you there anyway, but he's trying to take the rest of us with him

Thanks a bunch

love and kisses,

Stony

Suburban
02-06-2007, 10:32
http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/home/member_information/representatives_alpha.cfm?papowerPNavCtr=|&TNID=31787#31787

I'm not used to dealing with this sheet on a state level. Since these are house bills, I need to contact my guy on this list, right?

Pat T
02-06-2007, 16:53
You got it, Suburban...this is where the gun control action is now, in the state legislatures, especially now that the dems have the committeeships. Before this stuff never would get a vote out of committee with the republicans running the house, now they'll be bringing it out to save the world and make a name for themselves. We're going to have to stay on this, and please guys, if you're not a memeber, join the NRA. It's the single most effective way to lobby against this bonehead legislation besides writing or calling them.

PAKrazee
02-08-2007, 06:49
come on guys, this is important - Write Those Letters!!!

I just wrote mine.

Joining the NRA is fine, but it is NOT the end all be all, WE MUST DO OUR PART AS WELL!

CALL AND WRITE YOUR HOUSE REPS!

hile
02-08-2007, 15:36
Mine was written.

MOHAA Player
02-09-2007, 20:40
Never happen,and if it did like we will follow like sheep,not me.
MOHAA

G10mm
02-09-2007, 21:32
After reading the bill I am sending out registered letters out to the state legislatures. Why registered I wont proof they got them.
Someone said to me calf. Wouldn’t ban 50 cals and look what happened. We need to tell our legislatures how we feel about this. NOT THE MEDA to telling them how they feel about guns. The meda all ready started there crap Sundays intell buck county paper was blasting gun shops . . IF WE JUST SIT BACK AND SAY IT WILL NEVER PASS !!! Before long gun owner will be moving to NJ because of easy gun laws if we let it happen. Please take a minute and E-mail or write.

:brickwall:

Suburban
02-09-2007, 21:41
Originally posted by MOHAA Player
Never happen,and if it did like we will follow like sheep,not me.
MOHAA

What do you think would happen if the ban passed, and you went to the range with your now-illegal black rifle and the guy next to you happens to be an off-duty cop?

MOHAA Player
02-10-2007, 05:22
Originally posted by Suburban
What do you think would happen if the ban passed, and you went to the range with your now-illegal black rifle and the guy next to you happens to be an off-duty cop? I'm not worried because the law will never pass.
MOHAA

PAGLOCK23
02-10-2007, 11:06
Sent an email to my Rep. last night. He read it and replied back to me. He said he will review it he wasn't sure what HB 30 was. He's a friend of mine so I think he's ok with a NO vote.

cocked@locked
02-11-2007, 14:06
i will be sending a letter and i think a nice phone call will be in order i live in the city and this is a total crock of bull@#$% im sure it will never pass but if it did i would never forgive myself for not taking the above actions:thumbsup:

9mmMike
02-11-2007, 18:05
Originally posted by G10mm
After reading the bill I am sending out registered letters out to the state legislatures. Why registered I wont proof they got them.
Someone said to me calf. Wouldn’t ban 50 cals and look what happened. We need to tell our legislatures how we feel about this. NOT THE MEDA to telling them how they feel about guns. The meda all ready started there crap Sundays intell buck county paper was blasting gun shops . . IF WE JUST SIT BACK AND SAY IT WILL NEVER PASS !!! Before long gun owner will be moving to NJ because of easy gun laws if we let it happen. Please take a minute and E-mail or write.

:brickwall:

Registered? Never tried that. Please let us know how that works out. :thumbsup:

Stony
02-11-2007, 18:39
Dear Honorable Mr.Smith,

I am emailing you to ask for your opposition to HB 30. It concerns an Assault Weapons Ban across the entire commonwealth. After careful reviewing of the bill and its proposals, I feel that it would be a serious violation of my privacy and Second Amendment rights were this bill to pass into law. I do not feel that the rest of the state should lose our freedoms due to misguided ideology of some. If other legislators were to realize that enacting any sort of gun-control measures only truly hurts the honest and lawful citizens. Gun-control only works on those willing to abide by law and further puts us at the mercy of criminals.
Thank you for your consideration in this matter and for your time.

This is what the email I'm sending looks like.

dirksterG30
02-12-2007, 18:31
Originally posted by MOHAA Player
I'm not worried because the law will never pass.
MOHAA
It could pass if too many gun owners share the mindset you have. Get off your duff and contact your reps!

PAKrazee
02-12-2007, 18:48
I too got a response from my rep, here it is "I do not believe there is sufficient support to pass such a bill and
would not support such a measure."

keep writing guys!!

G10mm
02-12-2007, 21:50
Originally posted by 9mmMike
Registered? Never tried that. Please let us know how that works out. :thumbsup:

Trist me I will.

dirksterG30
02-13-2007, 03:44
My rep. is definatley on our side; here's the response I got-

Good to hear from you again. Your present your arguments well once
again - I may borrow some of your phrasing in the future if you don't mind.

We are in agreement. I oppose the assault on our nation's Bill of
Rights and have never understood the left's tendancy to punish the
innocent on the pretense of cracking down on the guilty.

About the only one of these that I could consider for a moment would be
a twist on HB29 IF -- and ONLY IF -- the bill was written that the crime
would be falsely reporting a gun lost or stolen (just as any other false
report). Afterall, if the problem is folks who illegally traffic in
weapons and later falsely claim that the weapon is lost or stolen, then
address that. Do not criminalize being a crime victim!

Hersh5317
02-24-2007, 10:53
I hope that someone has also noticed H.R. 1022 in the House Judiciary Committee courtesy of liberal NY nazi wannabes (federal legislation). Letter written on that. I'll have to get on the ball for local stuff as well. Good looking out!

donbubbo
02-24-2007, 11:13
Just e'd my rep.Thanks for the info.

Hersh5317
02-24-2007, 22:47
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future." --Adolf Hitler, 1935

Just wondering if we are following his lead...? It hasn't worked in other countries that have tried it....

Suburban
02-25-2007, 15:58
The right of the citizens to bear arms in defence of themselves and the State shall not be questioned. Art. 1, § 21 (enacted 1790, art. IX, § 21).
1776: That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the state; and as standing armies in the time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; And that the military should be kept under strict subordination, to, and governed by, the civil power. Declaration of Rights, cl. XIII.

[Self-defense right protected, Sayres v. Commonwealth, 88 Pa. 291 (1879).]

I didn't know the state's bill of rights was so cut and dry until I read it in this month's American Rifleman.

emt1581
02-26-2007, 15:42
I'm anxious to see just how many replies yall get saying they are FOR the bill.

Where do yall find out about legislation proposed specifically for GUNS in PA? I have been using www.NRA-ILA.com but they have been slacking BIG TIME!!!

Thanks!

-Emt1581

PSU_G34
02-26-2007, 16:07
I emailed my rep tonight. Unfortunately we changed from R to D over the scandals in the legislature. I tried to remind him that was the cause, not that we wanted more liberal laws.

Fingers crossed...

ravenkeeper98
02-26-2007, 16:21
Wow, I'm glad I stumbled on this thread. I'm military, but still hold my PA residency. I definately will be writting my reps as well.

Pat T
02-26-2007, 16:52
Where do yall find out about legislation proposed specifically for GUNS in PA? I have been using www.NRA-ILA.com but they have been slacking BIG TIME!!!

Link to bill topical index for PA General Assembly:

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/topic_index/index.cfm?sess=20070

Pistol
03-18-2007, 21:52
More community meetings coming---heads up!!

To achieve these ends the House has put together a series of so-called ‘informational hearings on Gun Violence’, which are listed below. Like last year this is a blatant attempt to manipulate public opinion by any means necessary including using the anti-gun agenda of the media to help them.

· March 16th Wilkes Barre

· March 23rd South Philadelphia

· March 27th Erie

· March 28th Pittsburgh (Oakland neighborhood)

· March 29th Reading

o Chester (Delaware County)

· March 30th West Philadelphia

· April 13th North Philadelphia

· April 20th Center City Philadelphia

· April 27th Harrisburg - Final policy hearing.

Please take this opportunity to provide us with your thoughts and suggestions so that we can make this effort as successful as possible.

WE NEED EVERY GUN OWNER TO TRY TO BE THERE ON THIS DAY! If your club wants to send a bus (large or small) we can help you organize it for this effort.

This and more info on PA legis issues are here http://www.acslpa.org/
Check it out!

Suburban
03-28-2007, 22:44
Good Morning Robert
Thanks for contacting me about the gun control laws being consider(sic) in the house of Representatives.
I am not a representative who believes in gun control or that it will reduce crime. If you look at my record I have voted for measures that focus on getting criminals off the street and not taking guns away from law bidding citizens.
Thanks again and please stay in touch.

STEPHEN E. BARRAR
PA. STATE REPRESENTATIVE
160th LEGISLATIVE DISTRICT.

G23.40
03-29-2007, 06:55
Rep. Charlie Dent will be in Lehigh County at Whitehall Public meeting/convention room on this Friday March, 30th from 1530-1700 hr. If anyone interest. I'll try to be there and ask him about those bills.

dirksterG30
03-29-2007, 10:31
Anyone go to the Pittsburgh meeting? I wasn't able to go, and would like to hear how it went.

plow78
04-06-2007, 10:25
http://www.reprohrer.com/?sectionid=73&sectiontree=73

sign this