to LEOs in here, do we have a UCR? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : to LEOs in here, do we have a UCR?

zorkd
02-01-2007, 18:35
do we have a uniform crime report like that of the FBI? so we can at least have some real hard copy basis on our belief that the street crime rate increases during the comelec gun bans. and though it still would not prove that the ban is the cause, at least until someone can come up with a better explanation, the burden of proof is, morally, at the gubment. not that they will care or do anything about it.

don't get me wrong, i am soooooooooo against the comelec *and* its gun ban, even gun registration is something that in my belief is oppressive. our carrying of firearms no way uses up any government resource (as it is when one drives a car, one wears and tears the roads which is gubment property). they only use up government resources like time, personnel, money, paper, ballistics lab, etcetera because they insist on registering every piece of pipe that can be used as a pressure chamber and hurl a projectile....ang masama is we pay for this registration.

saki1611
02-01-2007, 18:59
yes, we do have. actually we don't need statistics to justify nor oppose the "gun ban". "gun ban" is a baseless stubborn principle from those people who are misinformed and uneducated about guns. even though the statistics shows that most firearms used in criminal offense are those that are unlicensed, still they have to implement the law which were created by our lawmakers that were so paranoid about guns. :sad: just my two cents...

mikey177
02-01-2007, 22:31
You can check out some PNP crime statistics on this page --> http://www.pnp.gov.ph/stat/content/stat.html

I just don't know how complete or accurate these figures are.

zorkd
02-02-2007, 01:08
sa bagay, alam naman nang lahat na karamihan nang batas natin ay either kalokohan or maayos nga di naman pinapatupad.

what a waste of time it was to have written those laws. it takes just as much effort to write a just law and one that is just plain stupid, why they choose the latter, i'll never know.

horge
02-02-2007, 04:59
Originally posted by zorkd
it takes just as much effort to write a just law and one that is just plain stupid, why they choose the latter, i'll never know.

Because, while stupid laws and just laws require the same effort to enact,
the former do not require integrity, patriotism nor humility as the latter do.

I have intentionally omitted intelligence as a requisite,
lest I be accused of demanding too much of Filipino politicians.

pipo
02-03-2007, 04:24
Originally posted by horge
Because, while stupid laws and just laws require the same effort to enact,
the former do not require integrity, patriotism nor humility as the latter do.

Sir Horge I agree with you 100%! We have no one to blame but ourselves.:sad:

jimbullet
02-03-2007, 17:00
It is quite unfortunate that politics are used on this. There is an old story, that one general (forgot who) said long ago that he signed up with the gunless society to support their cause. When asked why he did that when in fact he carries his service firearm even when off duty not to mention bodyguards with him... It was simply put, I want to be the one able to carry a gun and ban everyone else. Scmuck!

MRV_G17
02-03-2007, 18:56
Originally posted by horge
ask not what our politicians can do for the Filipinos but what damage they can do considering 90% of them are just after POWER and MONEY.

yung 10% mga bagito na hindi pa alam kung pano mangurakot :banana: