Treadmill Exercises [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Treadmill Exercises

Poodle
02-02-2007, 07:13
Me alam ba kayong mga exercise program sa Treadmill? Sabi kasi duktor ko kelangan ko mag-exercise. Nakabili na ako ng motorized treadmill (Proteus).

chowchow
02-02-2007, 08:19
Progressive, let say, casual walk speed x 5 minutes for 3 days, then 10 minutes for 4 days, 15 miutes for 5 days, so on and forth. Depends on your liking. make sure you do calisthenics and limbering exercises before the tradmill exercise as to have muscle flexibility on your achilles tendon, the weakest part --if so would give you sprain ankle on a treadmill.

Kaiser Soze
02-02-2007, 08:44
Hehehe, this is another reason to go to S.O.E. sir! Bien is a former Mr. Philippines and is still a good personal trainer. Just tell him your doctor's requirements and he'll be able to help make a treadmill program for you...at the same time you can check the new gear arrivals! Mwehehehe

Eye Cutter
02-02-2007, 15:18
father P: nakakatamad mag treadmill. mag bike na lang tayo habang gun ban pa! hehehe!

Taurus and I plan to start hitting the road with MTB's within the next month. Sama ka!

chowchow
02-02-2007, 18:06
BAr hopping , mas maganda pa.

Taurus
02-02-2007, 22:47
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
father P: nakakatamad mag treadmill. mag bike na lang tayo habang gun ban pa! hehehe!

Taurus and I plan to start hitting the road with MTB's within the next month. Sama ka!

Father, I have a stationary bike at home. After awhile nakakatamad na. MTB na lang.

jasonub
02-03-2007, 02:36
Originally posted by Eye Cutter

ptt and excemption should be out next week:thumbsup:

toxic
02-03-2007, 05:35
Father P,

Hinay hinay lang sa umpisa, 5 to 10 mins set mo yung speed sa 50 as walking speed do it every other day increasing your time 5 mins walking speed ..after 1 month change your setting
to 5 to 10 mins at 50 (speed)
5 mins 6.0 (speed)
5 mins 5.0
5 mins 6.0
5 mins 5.0
Cool down 5 mins
total 35 mins or less its up to you kung kaya mo
result you will burn 200 up calories.

as you progress do the same repetitions up t0 45 mins
then increase the speed if you feel you can do it.
say:
5 to 10 mins at 5.0 (speed)
4 mins 6.0 (speed) 1 min 85(speed)
5 mins 5.0
4 mins 7.0 , 1 min 9.5
5 mins 5.0
4 mins 7.5 , 1 min 9.5 inclined setting on 4
Cool down 5 mins
result you will burn 300 up calories

I follow Chris Ryans (ex SAS operative)format on jogging instead of jogging i do it on the threadmill: increasing speed and distance as you progress..(Chris Ryans program include weight lifting but i dont do much weight lifting pa konti konti lang 2.5 to 5 kgs.)helps improve power and resistance.
maintain 65% heart rate for weight loss ideal setting 5 mins on 60 (speed)and for cardio inrease the speed 60 up for 85% hearth rate.

Important points
-Breath normally
-Hydration is important drink lots of water
-Be patient, never go over your limit on the first couple of months.
-Para di mainip while on the treadmill play a mp3 or stereo music like U2,aerosmith or whatever music you think can motivate you para di ka tamarin.
-Stop anytime when you feel dizzy, shortness in breathing or in pain.
-move your arms while running to help your balance and hold the railings on walking speed (to rest your arms naman)
-Consult a Doctor for your proper speed and distance settings.(depende po kase sa may katawan yan then theage factor and para maiwasan ang injury)
Enjoy your new threadmill and work that sweat:nsb:.

Allegra
02-03-2007, 08:22
Originally posted by toxic
Father P,

Hinay hinay lang sa umpisa, 5 to 10 mins set mo yung speed sa 50 as walking speed do it every other day increasing your time 5 mins walking speed ..after 1 month change your setting
to 5 to 10 mins at 50 (speed)
5 mins 6.0 (speed)
5 mins 5.0
5 mins 6.0
5 mins 5.0
Cool down 5 mins
total 35 mins or less its up to you kung kaya mo
result you will burn 200 up calories.

as you progress do the same repetitions up t0 45 mins
then increase the speed if you feel you can do it.
say:
5 to 10 mins at 5.0 (speed)
4 mins 6.0 (speed) 1 min 85(speed)
5 mins 5.0
4 mins 7.0 , 1 min 9.5
5 mins 5.0
4 mins 7.5 , 1 min 9.5 inclined setting on 4
Cool down 5 mins
result you will burn 300 up calories

I follow Chris Ryans (ex SAS operative)format on jogging instead of jogging i do it on the threadmill: increasing speed and distance as you progress..(Chris Ryans program include weight lifting but i dont do much weight lifting pa konti konti lang 2.5 to 5 kgs.)helps improve power and resistance.
maintain 65% heart rate for weight loss ideal setting 5 mins on 60 (speed)and for cardio inrease the speed 60 up for 85% hearth rate.

Important points
-Breath normally
-Hydration is important drink lots of water
-Be patient, never go over your limit on the first couple of months.
-Para di mainip while on the treadmill play a mp3 or stereo music like U2,aerosmith or whatever music you think can motivate you para di ka tamarin.
-Stop anytime when you feel dizzy, shortness in breathing or in pain.
-move your arms while running to help your balance and hold the railings on walking speed (to rest your arms naman)
-Consult a Doctor for your proper speed and distance settings.(depende po kase sa may katawan yan then theage factor and para maiwasan ang injury)
Enjoy your new threadmill and work that sweat:nsb:.

uuy! mukang bibilis na times natin sa ipsc a hehe
Here's a website on how to run properly -
www.chirunning.com

toxic
02-03-2007, 08:33
:supergrin: papayat lang para di hingalin ,pambawas din ng cholesterol :supergrin:

Master A wala akong problema sa Speed and sa Power..yung accuracy and Malaking problema:brickwall:

Father P ..watch your diet din pala.

Allegra
02-03-2007, 09:27
Originally posted by toxic
:supergrin: papayat lang para di hingalin ,pambawas din ng cholesterol :supergrin:

Master A wala akong problema sa Speed and sa Power..yung accuracy and Malaking problema:brickwall:

Father P ..watch your diet din pala.

I think cholesterol sa diet napapababa not thru exercise
Kasi I have a higher cholesterol level than my mom , di naman siya nageexercise pero di rin sya mahilig sa sisig :)
If look at us both , definitely hindi ako ang mukang may mataas na cholesterol :)

Remember fafa , accuracy sa ipsc is mostly mental kasi ang lalapit ng target

antediluvianist
02-04-2007, 01:34
I'm afraid I must agree with some posters above that an indoor stationary bike or treadmill or whatever gets to be very boring after a while.

What made it less boring - set it up infront of a big TV screen and be sure to put on a GOOD movie. It's still boring, but there's a movie to distract you.

Poodle
02-04-2007, 15:39
Thanks. Me malaking TV sa harap. Lipitor at diet para sa pagpapababa ng cholesterol.

chowchow
02-04-2007, 16:21
Eat fish and less junk.

Capt.Barbel
02-04-2007, 18:36
hehehehe,kami ni Darna may treadmill dito sa house, naging sampayan ng mga towel.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

boxing is the best excercise!!!:thumbsup: