Safe Dealers in NoVa [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Safe Dealers in NoVa

Navy87Guy
02-02-2007, 10:07
I'm sure this has been covered before, but the Search function didn't turn up any hits...

Can anyone recommend a good safe dealer in the NoVa area? I need someone who will deliver to the second floor. Reasonable prices are obviously high on my list, too!

I'm adding an AR to my collection, so it's time to get something big enough to hold long guns and my pistol collection.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Jim

1*45
02-02-2007, 17:28
Clark Brothers off of 17 out side of Warrenton, I purchased one several years ago, they delivered, and worked on the cost too. They sometimes have sales going on too. Let them know you need it on the 2nd floor. The big ones (fire resistant)are about 1000lbs so take that into consideration , some floors wont hold 600lbs.
Good luck on your search.

watsoncb
02-02-2007, 20:28
Virginia Safe and Lock is always at the Chantilly Gun Expo's. They seem to have a wide variety of Liberty gun safes. Here is their link:

http://www.vasafeandlock.com/

habu3
02-02-2007, 22:59
I have seen safes at Gilberts Small Arms Range. Gander Mountain also usually has a relatively large selection. I don't recall the brand name and I wasn't in the market for one so I didn't check on delivery or anything like that.

Navy87Guy
02-03-2007, 01:46
I'm sorry, watsoncb, did you say something? I was totally distracted by your avatar! :)

Thanks for the info guys....I think Virginia Safe & Lock was the place I was trying to think of. I know it's been discussed here before -- but for the life of me I couldn't bring up anything with the search function!

I'm open to more suggestions...thanks!

Jim

alien-Glocker
02-03-2007, 06:44
Virginia Lock and Safe has a very good selection. I purchased a Liberty safe from them a few years back. Most are in stock and delivered in a few days. Their prices are reasonable.

Unless you have some very strong friends with a truck I recommend that you pay the delivery price and let them do the heavy lifting for you!

watsoncb
02-03-2007, 07:25
AH... sorry. I just love to see the stars and stripes found on our flag.

:tempted:

.40Guy
02-03-2007, 11:12
Steve at Steve's Safes is also a good guy. He has a machine that walks the safe up stairs - he can put it wherever you want.

I'm away from home and don't have his info with me, but if you can't find him on Google and are interested, PM me and I can check early next week. I'm sure he left a tag on the inside door.

He also works the VA gun shows, I just saw him at the last Dulles Expo show.

Darkmage
02-03-2007, 11:13
Another vote for VA Safe & Lock. I bought a Liberty from them as well and they were very professional. And yes, pay their delivery fee!

Navy87Guy
02-03-2007, 14:38
I'm definitely going to let them do the lifting...it's the second floor, up hardwood stairs with a 45-degree turn. Whatever the cost, it will be worth it!

I'll check out VA Safe when I get home. They're supposed to be at the Dulles Expo in a couple of weeks, too.

Thanks for the input!

Jim

exmdshooter
02-14-2007, 06:09
A little late chiming in, but I don't often hang out in this neighborhood.

Another vote here for Steve's Services in Vienna. He's a Ft. Knox dealer and a great guy to work with. Give him a call at 703-573-4394. Leave a message... he's often on the road... he'll definitely call you back.

He's got stair climbers and all the other necessary tools. If it'll fit, he'll get in in. He was the only one willing to tackle humping a big honkin' (72x41) safe down my back basement stairs and into my low-ceiling basement. Nobody else would try, because the ceiling is too low to swing s safe that size upright from a "prone" position. He brought it in upright... it cleared the door frame by 1/2"... after we removed the burglar alarm switch from the frame!

I love my Defender. And Steve's customer service couldn't be better. :thumbsup:

watsoncb
02-23-2007, 21:31
FYI... I went by Virginia Safe & Lock and spent my tax refund on a new safe. Barbara was very patient with me as I poked around. I picked one out and delivery is in about a week.

Everything should be this easy. :banana:

Update.... the delivery team from VSL was excellent putting down pads to protect the carpet. They arrived on time and knew what they were doing. :thumbsup: