Saiga shotguns [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Saiga shotguns

blueeagle
02-02-2007, 16:04
mga sir, are Saiga shotguns (manufactured by IZHMASH) available locally? eto yung AK-type na semi-auto shotguns. :thumbsup:

royal glockster
02-03-2007, 04:59
i think it's not yet available here bro. :upeyes:

Cool
02-03-2007, 05:16
It is available at Nashe MCS....retails at 40k

cebuboy
02-03-2007, 10:20
yup, nashe's got it. the mags are just a bit expensive, it gives the benellis a run for the money:)

revo
02-03-2007, 10:28
P're, yung Benelli inertial operated system while the Saiga is still a gas operated system. So mas mabilis pa rin nang bahagya yung Benelli kinda.

cebuboy
02-03-2007, 10:53
hehehe on paper, the benelli is faster. but during actual firing, it does not make a difference. you can relaod the saiga faster and it looks baaad:supergrin:

revo
02-03-2007, 11:50
...ehem..sir..it's not the reload but shot placement that counts..

btw, meron po akong saiga-12.

cebuboy
02-03-2007, 17:41
yup, you are right about shot placement:) but its also a nice feature to be able to relaod fast. how's your saiga? does it feed reliably on armscor birdshots?

revo
02-03-2007, 17:49
sir, wala pong armscor birdshot dito po sa amin.

Federal, winchester at remington po meron.

But it feeds all of the above fine.

cebuboy
02-03-2007, 17:54
oh forgot that your stateside pala:) most benellis here sa pinas choke on armscor birdshot, while the saiga ate them all no problem. the benelli prefers them imported shotshells.

kamelot
02-03-2007, 20:00
Originally posted by cebuboy
most benellis here sa pinas choke on armscor birdshot, while the saiga ate them all no problem. the benelli prefers them imported shotshells.

The Benelli M1 Super 90 is not finicky except if there are quality control issues of ammo. These are the conditions I noted where the Benelli hiccuped:
1. The load is low - I should know - some reloads that have everything in it except powder will have its contents still go through the barrel including the wad. It will not however cycle. I guess this is true for other shotguns.
2. I've used hundreds of good Armscor ammo (not reload, not range ammo) - notoriously #4 birdshot, that has one or two rounds that will not charge the primer, even if the primers are indented well by the firing pins. I also saw this happen with some shooters, too.

Just as Murphy's law predicts, this event sadly happens during competition. I've had the sad experience of this event occuring in 4 shotgun competitions I joined.