Non-Resident CCW in Lehigh [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Non-Resident CCW in Lehigh

B.A.
02-03-2007, 17:02
Hey all-
Just picked up a new G19 yesterday and I would like to get my LTC so I can carry it. I'm from NJ (I know, I know), but am going to school in Allentown. I have read up a little bit on the requirements for out of state applicants, but am hung up on the section about references. Does anyone in Lehigh County know for sure if the references have to be from Lehigh County? I don't know any permanent Lehigh residents that I could use as references. Thanks in advance.

stangyg123
02-03-2007, 19:05
Good luck to you, I live in NJ and went to apply for a PA non-resident license but could not get one. I was told that because NJ issues permits and I did not have one that I could not get a PA non-resident permit. So I decided to get a FL non-resident permit and now I am able to carry in PA and several other states but doubt I will ever see the day that NJ will issue me a CCW.

bigbore45colt
02-04-2007, 21:30
My understanding has always been that for a non-resident CCW in PA, you must have a ccw from your home state, provided they have CCWs. Since NJ has CCWs, you would be required to have one before you could apply for a PA non-resident.

The Florida non-resident permit is a good way to go. Some of the gunshows around here in Allentown offer the course and exam and you can get it there.

BB45C