help... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : help...

AMGlock23
02-03-2007, 17:20
I live in the dade and broward area and was wondering if anyone knew a good and CHEAP place were I can get a hitch installed on my truck??? I tried the local uhauls but they seem expensive for me.... any help would be great... thanx

noway
02-03-2007, 19:50
do it yourself. Seriously if you have a few hand tools ( 1/2 dr ratcher and sockets and maybe a few wrenches ) you can do it yourself and save alot.

Also some of the U-haul will install their hitch for free ifyou buy it new. Try the U-hual center on Broward Blvd about 1.5mile west of I95 on the south side of the street.

Usingmyrights
02-03-2007, 20:06
I got mine from 4wheelparts (they have a website if they don't have a store locally) pretty cheap and did it myself. Class V and it was about $120 IIRC. When I bought it, they told me it would be a few days before it got to their store, unless I wanted to go by the warehouse to pick it up. 15 minutes later I pull into the warehouse parking lot, and my hitch is sitting on the dock waiting for me. Sign a paper stating that I had picked it up and was on my way. (this was the end of the day too, and they were closing up shop) Good company to work with.

AMGlock23
02-03-2007, 22:53
Originally posted by noway
do it yourself. Seriously if you have a few hand tools ( 1/2 dr ratcher and sockets and maybe a few wrenches ) you can do it yourself and save alot.

Also some of the U-haul will install their hitch for free ifyou buy it new. Try the U-hual center on Broward Blvd about 1.5mile west of I95 on the south side of the street.

I would... I'm away at school all my tools are back in Central Florida, plus im not sure I could do the electrical work....

Dandapani
02-04-2007, 05:52
Originally posted by AMGlock23
I would... I'm away at school all my tools are back in Central Florida, plus im not sure I could do the electrical work....

Then call around looking for an independent trailer hitch/welding shop. Some one of them should fix you right up for not a lot of money. The hitch itself will set you back no matter who puts it on.

I did my own, but I've got time and tools. Good luck.

Usingmyrights
02-04-2007, 14:47
Originally posted by AMGlock23

Most trucks should already have something there for the electric. An adparter should be all you need, if anything.