Pepperocini Beef [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pepperocini Beef

Neal
02-04-2007, 12:40
The crock pot has been cooking since midnight last night. The smell in the house is driving me insane with hunger. Grenadier posted about it last year I think, but I am just now getting around to trying it. He said at least 16 hours so it should be done in time for the Super Bowl tonight. If it's nearly as good as it smells, we have a great recipe and it's a keeper. :thumbsup:

Dandapani
02-04-2007, 14:19
Link to recipe?

Neal
02-04-2007, 14:26
Originally posted by dmobrien2001
Link to recipe?

Here is a copy of a PM from the GT member who posted it:

"Just plain ol' salad / sandwich grade pepperocinis. The salty / spicy liquid gives you a good base of seasonings as-is.

I typically use this:

3 lb (or more) roast, can be rump roast, bottom round, top round, eye round, up to sirloin. A brisket also works well.
1 can of beef broth
1 jar of pepperocini (including liquid)
1 packet of dry Italian dressing mix (Good Seasons works well)

Add black pepper, garlic, and oregano to your liking. Add horseradish if you like a bit more punch.

Toss everything in a crock pot, and let it go for at least 16 hours. Roast should be tender enough by that time, to shred with a fork. Take the roast out of the pot, shred, and put the shredded beef back into the crock pot for another 20-30 min.

Serve on sub rolls. The liquid also makes a very tasty dipping sauce."

Mine is now shredded and I'll be trying it in just a few minutes.

Neal
02-04-2007, 14:46
Very Good! But also very spicy. This is NOT for people who like bland food, ha ha.

The Pontificator
02-07-2007, 17:45
Bust out the rolaids, LOL

Neal
02-07-2007, 18:34
Originally posted by The Pontificator
Bust out the rolaids, LOL

The roast I used was about half the size recommended. But I still used a full jar of peppers. The ratio of peppers to meat is a bit high. But I like it that way. When you eat this stuff, you KNOW you are eating something. :supergrin:

tat2guy
02-14-2007, 11:30
This sounds magnificent... I must try it....

Neal
02-16-2007, 20:53
Originally posted by tat2guy
This sounds magnificent... I must try it....

It was magnificent. I'll definitely be making it again. :thumbsup: