knob creek [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : knob creek

xd45acp
02-06-2007, 00:55
has anyone gone to the knob creek shoot in kentucky i was thinking about goin in april and lookin to get some feed back from others

NailShooter
02-16-2007, 19:16
Yes, the wifey and I have been there 3 or 4 times for the big MG shoot. The first time you experience the main line commence firing is almost too awesome to put into words. Gun show is not like those in MI either. Mostly black rifle stuff for sale, ammo by the pallet, lots of auto opener knives. It's something that all shooters should experience at least once.

If it rains or has rained, it will be muddy beyond belief. Go, have fun, you WILL NOT be disappointed. Regards,

NS

alwaysshootin
02-17-2007, 00:28
Originally posted by NailShooter
Yes, the wifey and I have been there 3 or 4 times for the big MG shoot. The first time you experience the main line commence firing is almost too awesome to put into words. Gun show is not like those in MI either. Mostly black rifle stuff for sale, ammo by the pallet, lots of auto opener knives. It's something that all shooters should experience at least once.

If it rains or has rained, it will be muddy beyond belief. Go, have fun, you WILL NOT be disappointed. Regards,

NS

What he said, and, I would like to add, the coolest thing I've ever experienced gun related!:thumbsup:

10 Ring Tao
02-17-2007, 12:11
If you go, how much should you expect to spend?

alwaysshootin
02-17-2007, 13:00
Originally posted by 10 Ring Tao
If you go, how much should you expect to spend?

Really depends, if your just going to look, and be in awh, then 20 bucks a person will do. On the other hand, if you're looking for a M-16, you may want to bring a Brinks truck!:50cal:

10 Ring Tao
02-17-2007, 17:49
And things in between those price ranges?

Do you just pay for ammo on the line to shoot something? What else is there?

bump
03-19-2007, 14:34
I know this is an old post, but missed it until now...

It really is up to you what you want to spend. You can rent guns on the main line from certain people. I never have felt the desire to do so but it runs at least a $1 / round with things like a minigun or M2HB being more. Flamethrower rental is like $200 or so. Admission is $10 a day and the show is fri-sun. Saturday night is the night shoot where the range is full of barrels of diesel with dynamite strapped to them :supergrin:

The gun show is huge in comparison to stuff around here. Pallets of parts kits, pallets of ammo, 50 cal barrels (at least there used to be), rare parts, new parts, old parts, more machineguns and semis for sale than you will see anywhere else.

So, if you want to buy a lot of spare parts, ammo, etc you can spend quite a bit but you don't HAVE to spend more than it costs to get in.

Oh, I'll be there again this year in April.