Any military pharmacists/techs around? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Any military pharmacists/techs around?

Grayson
02-06-2007, 18:45
Just wondering about what practicing pharmacy is like in the Service, any of the branches.

IIRC, I read an article a while back that said one branch (Navy?) had a "tech-check-tech" setup. I'm not sure if it was just for refills or for ALL scripts.

Now, while I could see this working OK for SOME of the things I see as a "civvie" pharmacy tech, I sure would not want to spend the whole day without an actual pharmacist there! :shocked:

How about the univeral bane of ALL people behind the pharmacy counter, from the cashiers to the pharmacists - third party issues? I guess it's VERY helpful if all of your "customers" are under the same plan. Tricare, I assume, unless that's just for the Army. Still, there's bound to be some issues I'd imagine. In fact, we found ourselves unable to bill ANY Tricare claims all of yesterday and most of this morning at work due to a "comm error..."

Anyhow, any experiences that people in military pharmacy would be most appreciated! :patriot:

Grayson
03-09-2007, 21:17
Originally posted by WNC_Ghostbuster
Anyhow, any experiences that people (have) in military pharmacy would be most appreciated! :patriot:

Hmmm...I guess at this point I'd even take a "customer's" perspective! ;)

Seriously though...there have to be at least a few soldiers on Rx meds. Do you just go to a pharmacy on base on your free time, or are the meds delivered to you?

How about when you're deployed? At least according to M*A*S*H, military supply lines are not always efficient...;)

(of course, if any of this broaches "classified" territory, tell me and I'll shut up! :shocked: )

Sugarfree
03-09-2007, 23:13
I hit up the pharmacy in the hospital following an appointment with my Primary Care Provider. Refills are picked up at the exchange. I have the option to pick up at local Eckerd or Walgreens for a small fee.

On deployment I get them from the "Doc" with no hassles.