Glock BARREL Scratch INTERNAL??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock BARREL Scratch INTERNAL???

charlie-xray
02-07-2007, 08:41
Glock BARREL Scratch INTERNAL

OPEN QUESTION:

May alam na ba kayong Glock Barrel na nagas-gas ang loob? Is this possible? Nabasa ko kasi sa isang write-up na it's technically NOT POSSIBLE dahil sa tindi ng process na ginagamit ng Glock in protecting the barrels face in/out with Tenifer using Carbo-Nitriding process.

Pero may naka-experience na ba nito?

Write-up attached.

jimbullet
02-07-2007, 18:24
It would be nice if there was a picture of the real thing...

isuzu
02-07-2007, 18:51
I had a scratch in the barrel of my former G17 just after the chamber. Discovered it after about 700 rounds. Didn't affect accuracy.

cebuboy
02-08-2007, 07:01
all of my pistol bbls have some sort of scratches in them, i did not notice any accuracy problems. as long as i can hit 6" plates at 25-30 meters it's good enough to ride the river with:)

Dok
02-09-2007, 02:08
did post before regarding a scratch inside a glock barrel. it was my friend's g19 barrel. it was new. factory defect. did affect accuracy. it was replaced.

charlie-xray
02-10-2007, 00:21
So no problem in the accuracy department, how about longetivity? Are you still using it till today? did the scratch progress into a bigger scratch?

Originally posted by cebuboy
all of my pistol bbls have some sort of scratches in them, i did not notice any accuracy problems. as long as i can hit 6" plates at 25-30 meters it's good enough to ride the river with:)

cebuboy
02-10-2007, 11:41
so far accuracy is ok. when the barrels were new, i always peeped inside to make sure it is clean then one day i noticed some scratches(fine ones) near the forcing cone. after that, i did not bother to clean the bbls to a mirror finish like before. it still shoots the same as the day i got them:) and i dont peep in them as much as i did before.

charlie-xray
02-11-2007, 05:33
Thanks cebuboy,

Sir Jimbullet, don't know how to photograph close-ups yet at lalo na nasa loob medyo out of my reach.