Impeach Grandstand! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Impeach Grandstand!

Drilled
02-07-2007, 10:23
So the best that moron woman can do is raise taxes in MI?

We need to throw her out on her Canadian duff and be done with her! I can't believe the people in this state voted her back into office!

She just bought a fleet of new cars too!

Email her and tell her you want her out, or just tell her what a poor thinker and leader she is!

Let's get a petition going to get her out!

Bobb G
02-07-2007, 10:45
Originally posted by Drilled
I can't believe the people in this state voted her back into office!

Sorry, I didn't vote for her...

Drilled
02-07-2007, 12:58
Originally posted by Bobb G

That makes two of us, but it does not mean that we can't get a petition up against her...Even the dim-witted-dems will be sick of her unimaginative tax plan...

Notice how she used the war to back into her lame tax plan?
She is pathetic!

Errick
02-07-2007, 17:00
Originally posted by Bobb G

That's at least 3 of us that didn't vote Dem.

But just for fun think how the state will spend the new money.

95% administration.
5% to improve!!! the States revenues and 4% of that 5% will go to higher salaries to the Democratic/Republican leadership for their wonderful efforts to help the poor people that live here (some of us even have jobs).

It's a great gig if you can stand the smell.

In case you’re wondering I’m known to be cynical and grumpy when the words “politician, new taxes, Hillary Etc” come up.

:steamed:

:brickwall:

Glkster19
02-07-2007, 21:47
Some of the things that get me are:

1) Giving the Pfizer employees $1,000,000 because they lost their jobs. What about the other thousands in this state that have lost their jobs?

2) All those who lost their jobs get a free 2 yr college education.
A) Where will the money come from for this
B) Where does she think that these newly educated people are going to go to get jobs? Bet it's not in MI.

3) Cool Cities Grants. Giving mega bucks to so many cities so they can beautify their downtowns. Kind of an okay idea BUT not when you don't have any money.

I coould go on but I'll stop. :deadhorse:

stallion114
02-08-2007, 14:42
I really love the brilliant idea of implamenting a service tax, and using the procedes to fund college education.
This hits us both ways, businesses lose money, and less businesses will want to come here, and if that wasnt enough we will take the money to fund college educations for students that will not be able to find a job in MI and move.

TheXXFiles
02-08-2007, 17:54
Gee, when you don't have any money I guess it doesn't make a difference if they raise taxes - you have no money to buy anything. Next week on Valentines Day Chrysler is laying off another 10,000 folks. Last one out of the State please shut off the lights...

Drilled
02-08-2007, 18:26
Start writing your state reps now...Maybe we can derail this stupid politician now before she gets it all wrong!

Here is the letter:
Governor Granholm;

Watched your State of the State the other evening and feel compelled to address this now, that I have seen your plan…First off, using the war, global warming and child care issues to veil a new tax plan was completely irrelevant to what was the issue at hand for our State…It was designed to dupe the uneducated and there are plenty of those people in our State…

On one hand, you say you want to cut spending and in the next breath you say you want to increase some services, contradictory at best…

We need to look at the following for alternatives to your 2% Service tax which will be absolutely disastrous to businesses that are the very businesses you give lip service to for stimulated growth in…Why do we need a full time legislature and all the costs associated with running one? Why are we in the Red group of legislators along with California, New York and Pennsylvania? We could easily fit into the White or the Blue groups of part time legislators that would save the taxpayers of this State millions! How does Texas manage this?

Raising Gasoline tax by 2 cents a gallon or raising the sales tax by one or two percent makes far more sense than the above proposal…Hitting people with liquor tax and cigarette tax is simply taking advantage of the already downtrodden in our State…We already have some of the highest liquor taxes in the country…It is not the solution to our problems…

I, along with many others in our sphere of influence, that will be affected by your 2% Service tax proposals will fight hard to see that our representatives look at these other options, If they don’t and your program gets approved we will leave the state, never to return (we can do what we do anywhere in the US) and go to a state that has better thinking, responsible politicians, that have the right mentality to stimulate taxes and growth in well thought out business plans…They will benefit from our taxes and we from responsible leadership on their part…

You have been in office going on 5 years and this is the best plan you can come up with? You need some better advisors on how to stimulate the economy…I know you have a tough job but you can do better than this weak business plan…You need to deal with Detroit and get Kilpatrick on a game plan of cleaning up and getting to work the citizens that have no reason not to work so they can contribute their fair share…Gone should be the days of people doing nothing and getting assistance for it…

Regards,
BTW, your e-mail is not working…

Drilled
02-08-2007, 19:24
Originally posted by Glkster19

1) Giving the Pfizer employees $1,000,000 because they lost their jobs. What about the other thousands in this state that have lost their jobs?

2) All those who lost their jobs get a free 2 yr college education.
A) Where will the money come from for this
B) Where does she think that these newly educated people are going to go to get jobs? Bet it's not in MI.

3) Cool Cities Grants. Giving mega bucks to so many cities so they can beautify their downtowns. Kind of an okay idea BUT not when you don't have any money.

I coould go on but I'll stop. :deadhorse:

But aside from the fact that she clearly is a dishonest person, think about the fact that she and Mayor Bling are as thick as thieves and have been for some time. McNamara was under federal investigation for being the corrupt SOB he was, but Bling and Grandstand were in it up to their necks as well.

She does not have the peoples best interest at heart because she does not have one!

Now think about this;
Detroit is a swirling, sucking, eddy of despair, a giant vortex, a black hole, if you will...

Under her plan she is going to force all surrounding cities to pick up the services of police and fire as well as infrastructure, subsequently acting like a giant drain on the more affluent suburbs to make up for the incredibly incompetent leadership of hiz honor! All this to support her voting base of misled and enfeebled constituents...

This is a city that hasn't been productive in years and does not want to be...It is largely system dependent and wants to stay that way...

She needs to go, more importantly she should have never been re-elected!

FJC
02-09-2007, 07:29
Originally posted by Glkster19

That that royally irked me. I'm here working at an auto company that's dumping 10,000 salaried workers. I might lose my job next month. Where has Granholm been during all these auto layoffs? But 1000 jobs in Ann Arbor and she's out there on the next helicopter promising $1 million in aid...

Drilled
02-09-2007, 16:59
Write to all of them and tell them you are not happy!
They do after all work for you...

http://senate.michigan.gov/senators/senfull2007.htm

http://house.michigan.gov/replist.asp

coverdog
02-09-2007, 18:00
Originally posted by Drilled

We need to throw her out on her Canadian duff and be done with her! I can't believe the people in this state voted her back into office!

Hey, they dumfound me every time there is an election in Detroit. The last city election blew my mind. Jeez, I wonder why Detroit is so fugged up. The state voters is now following their foot steps I guess.

Just think if Hillary wins the primary. Don't believe for a minute it can't happen. There are enough blind and ignorant people out there that will believe the crap she serves up. Plain scary.

Drilled
02-10-2007, 10:20
Originally posted by coverdog
Hey, they dumfound me every time there is an election in Detroit. The last city election blew my mind. Jeez, I wonder why Detroit is so fugged up. The state voters is now following their foot steps I guess.

Just think if Hillary wins the primary. Don't believe for a minute it can't happen. There are enough blind and ignorant people out there that will believe the crap she serves up. Plain scary.

Very sobering indeed! Maybe Hillary and Pelosi will be on the same airplane that crashes and do the country a favor! Ameirca really screwed up with their protest vote in 06...Gave the dims the momentum they are riding now...

DenGlock
02-11-2007, 11:44
It could be worse. We could have Bush, Cheney, and Rove running the state and then we can go to war with Ohio! Actually, Illinois would be fun to attack. Make up a reason to attack (say the Chicago Bears are about to plan an attack of mass destruction, not of the passing kind) and go after them. Hell, it will only cost us a few thousands lives and maybe a few trillion dollars!

Drilled
02-11-2007, 12:14
Originally posted by DenGlock
It could be worse. We could have Bush, Cheney, and Rove running the state and then we can go to war with Ohio! Actually, Illinois would be fun to attack. Make up a reason to attack (say the Chicago Bears are about to plan an attack of mass destruction, not of the passing kind) and go after them. Hell, it will only cost us a few thousands lives and maybe a few trillion dollars!

Yea, now that's realistic... :upeyes:
Now, let me guess, your past or present union and you support Grandstand? Right?

stallion114
02-11-2007, 22:21
At least if Bush and Cheyney were in charge our economy would be awesome

DenGlock
02-11-2007, 22:34
Naw.....I'm capable of thinking for myself. I'm surely not an idiot on the far right and never associate me with the goof balls on the far left, but I do realize that they need each other to a certain extent. We tried "one way" for the last several years and have created the biggest mess I've seen in 50 years. Maybe if we work together and solve these problems without doing the Bill O'Reiley/Jesse Jackson one side takes all approach, we just might be able to get something done. Unrealistic....kinda, but better than putting people on a plane and killing them.

Bumpadrum
02-12-2007, 08:31

Now that's just silly. You liberals couldn't be serious if the future of the State depended on it. Oh, and it does.

Bumpadrum
02-12-2007, 08:39
Naw.....I'm capable of thinking for myself. I'm surely not an idiot on the far right and never associate me with the goof balls on the far left, but I do realize that they need each other to a certain extent. We tried "one way" for the last several years and have created the biggest mess I've seen in 50 years. Maybe if we work together and solve these problems without doing the Bill O'Reiley/Jesse Jackson one side takes all approach, we just might be able to get something done. Unrealistic....kinda, but better than putting people on a plane and killing them.

Oh... a MODERATE. A liberal who equivicates. We're talking about Michigan here, the state that is deteriorating while the rest of the Country enjoys the greatest economy in the history of the world.
What part does Ginny play in all this?
What part does Bush-bashing have in your thinking?
She is kinda cute in person, though.

DenGlock
02-12-2007, 08:53
A moderate? Naw, once again, just someone who is capable of thinking on their own and hoping "good things" for everybody...as impossible as it seems with all the conflict we have here and abroad. She is kinda cute, even though I haven't seen her in person. The U.S. economy has been the best in the world for decades, if not a century. B. Clinton may have had a better economy for "most" Americans, but he and Wall Street gave us the North American Free Trade Agreement, which in my honest opinion (and that's all it is) has been a one sided disaster for not only for Michigan, but the rest of the country.

Hauptmann6
02-12-2007, 09:32
Michigan has been headed into the toilet for a long time. Since the late 60s early 70s. NAFTA was just the writing on the wall that made most realize it.

And the dems have run that state into the ground by being anti business and pro taxes.

Drilled
02-12-2007, 10:42
A moderate? The U.S. economy has been the best in the world for decades, if not a century. B. Clinton may have had a better economy for "most" Americans, but he and Wall Street gave us the North American Free Trade Agreement, which in my honest opinion (and that's all it is) has been a one sided disaster for not only for Michigan, but the rest of the country.

That is the most intelligent thing you have said yet. Who cares if she is cute, (arguable) she is not getting the job done! Let's see here, she wants to tax us into prosperity...Now that is original!

DenGlock
02-12-2007, 11:20
Maybe my quotes are not the best in the world, but it's much more rational than "Maybe Hillary and Pelosi will be on the same airplane that crashes and do the country a favor!" I entered this small dog fight just to share a point of view and willing to take heat for my words. A one sided game plan isn't good for anyone...ideas, not political dogma from ideologues will probably be the answer to our greatest issues.
(and please don't take my sarcastic word play of entering this small dog fight with dogma...I'm just having a little fun, which I'm sure will piss you off even more.

Drilled
02-12-2007, 19:31
Something is up!

Drilled
02-12-2007, 19:40
Just don't believe in the the dogma of wipe my a#! government! Why would you want more government? They don't do anything right!

The two aforementioned politicians are all about that!

Now, stand up for yourself and "Ask not what your government can do for you, but what you can do for your government."

Now convince me that we need more government...

I did start this post...But I, like you am new and more importantly am ready to be educated...

Drilled
02-12-2007, 19:41
Regulated?

mikedb
02-17-2007, 11:59
First I am a conservative and usually vote Republican. I am out of place because I work for the State. I am surrounded by liberal democrats. I do have some like minded thinkers but some tend to not show it doue to our outnumbering. I in now way support all of the gov's plans. I do however see on an almost daily basis what is occuring. The first term she and teh house and senate under Republican control could not play nice. This did not help the state. The revenues the state collects are continually decreasing, the state needed to get rid of the single business tax to attract business to the state. They finally did at the end of the year. But they did not give a replacement tax to replace the 2 billion dollars it will take away from the state.

The government needs to put partisan politics aside and work for the people that elected them rather than their pet projects and agendas. The politicians need to quite thinking about getting re-elected and do some work that benifits the people.

Drilled
02-17-2007, 13:31
Originally posted by mikedb
First I am a conservative and usually vote Republican. I am out of place because I work for the State. I am surrounded by liberal democrats. I do have some like minded thinkers but some tend to not show it doue to our outnumbering. I in now way support all of the gov's plans. I do however see on an almost daily basis what is occuring. The first term she and teh house and senate under Republican control could not play nice. This did not help the state. The revenues the state collects are continually decreasing, the state needed to get rid of the single business tax to attract business to the state. They finally did at the end of the year. But they did not give a replacement tax to replace the 2 billion dollars it will take away from the state.

The government needs to put partisan politics aside and work for the people that elected them rather than their pet projects and agendas. The politicians need to quite thinking about getting re-elected and do some work that benifits the people.

Talk about swimming with sharks!
dimo's only know how to do one thing and that is raise taxes!
How many new cars did she just buy? How many planes and helicopters does she have in the name of the state?
Why do we need full time legislators?

Good luck in the shark tank, maybe you can fill us in from time to time?

Friday@7
02-18-2007, 20:02
The only good that has ever come out of Jennifer Grandholm.

NRA-Backed Castle Doctrine Bills Become Law in Michigan

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Fairfax, VA-Today Governor Jennifer Granholm signed into law a package of six self-defense bills backed by the National Rifle Association (NRA), bringing "Castle Doctrine" protections to law-abiding Michigan citizens.

"I want to thank the Michigan Legislature and Governor Jennifer Granholm for working together in making this victims’ rights bill into law," said Chris W. Cox, NRA’s chief lobbyist. "When you’re confronted by a criminal, you don’t have the luxury of time. This Castle Doctrine package states that if victims choose to stand their ground and fight, their decision will not be second-guessed by the State of Michigan. The ability to protect yourself, your children, or your spouse from harm is important, whether you're in your home or outside."

The six-bill Castle Doctrine Package passed with bi-partisan, supermajority support in both houses of the Michigan legislature:

SB 1046, sponsored by Sen. Alan Cropsey, outlines rebuttal presumptions for justified use of self-defense. The bill makes it clear that there is no "duty to retreat" if a person is in a place where they have a legal right to be.

SB 1185, sponsored by Sen. Ron Jelinek, allows for the award of court and attorney fees in civil cases where it was determined a person acted in accordance with the Self Defense Act and where civil immunities apply.

HB 5548, sponsored by Rep. Tim Moore, gives civil immunities to persons acting in accordance with the Self Defense Act, preventing criminals and their families from suing law-abiding citizens.

HB 5153, sponsored by Rep. Leslie Mortimer, puts the burden of proof on the prosecutor to show that a person acted unlawfully in the application of force, rather than the person using the force having to prove they acted lawfully.

HB 5142, sponsored by Rep. Tom Casperson, expands the definition of "dwelling" to include a person’s garage, barn, backyard, etc.

HB 5143, sponsored by Rep. Rick Jones, creates the Self Defense Act and specifies that it is not a crime to use force or deadly force to defend oneself if that person is not breaking any laws when defensive force was used. The person must be facing imminent threat of death or great bodily harm.
"On behalf of all NRA members in Michigan, I want to thank each of the bills’ chief sponsors for their leadership in seeing these measures become law," concluded Cox. "The Castle Doctrine is about putting the law back on the side of the victim, the way it’s supposed to be."

-nra-

Tack
02-19-2007, 21:56
Originally posted by Friday@7
The only good that has ever come out of Jennifer Grandholm.

NRA-Backed Castle Doctrine Bills Become Law in Michigan ...

Why do you people continue to associate this law being a positive for Grandmole, this is how the retard got re-elected cause people see her as doing a "good job" when all she did was sign something that was going to be law reguardless of what she wanted. People need to pay more attention to whats going on in the house/senate and not what she does.

(READ) SHE DID NOT SIGN IT UNTILL THE LAST MINUTE BECAUSE IT WAS VETO PROOF she didn't want to piss off the liberals/dems at election time by fully supporting this bill, and at the same time didn't want to loose all the conservative/common sense people by vetoing it.

Don't think for one damn minute that she was in favor of that law being passed. I wish the rest of the DEE DEE DEEE's would quite touting this and the ccw shall issue law that she LEAD THE CAMPAIGN AGAINST- as her good graces to the people of Michigan. WAKE UP

I am at a temporary position right now and if I am not hired in or the job ends, I am gone. I will be leaving for Arizona and not looking back. I will also be emailing a few folks over in Lansing with the reasons that I choose to leave this state when I do go. I am personally tired of trying to understand how the hell an idiot like the one we got right now was voted back into office... Good job people of Michigan! Don't come crying to me when your job leaves... you all voted the moron back in... I sure as hell didn't. :wavey:

mike23
02-21-2007, 18:22
[i]..I am personally tired of trying to understand how the hell an idiot like the one we got right now was voted back into office... Good job people of Michigan! Don't come crying to me when your job leaves... you all voted the moron back in... I sure as hell didn't. :wavey: [/B]

Funny, how as soon as she was re-elected she declared the state was a BILLION dollars in the red and now she wants to enact new taxes. I don't recall any discussions about this during the election campaign!

I started my own business and travel all over the country. Like it or not, most states are doing much better than Michigan. I read somrthing that said Michigan's economy is 50th in the country. With Pfizer leaving Ann Arbor and Chrysler on the auction block, things are just going to get worse. As soon as the housing market improves, I'm selling mine. Until them, I'm working 99.9% of the time out of state.

Anyone who thinks the Dems will protect their 2nd Amendment rights only need to look at HR1022 to re authorize the Assault Weapons Ban that has been introduced in the House. The Dems are up to their old tricks!