Dog food for humans? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dog food for humans?

alphacat
02-07-2007, 19:10
Is there such a thing? I hate to cook and eat mostly cold cuts or cereals.
If I could find something like "Purina Man Chow" I could be a happy man.

punkture
02-08-2007, 10:10
at work i don't have much time for lunch, so i'm always looking for stuff that will be fast and quick on site. vienna sausage is sold in flavors - bbq, honey mustard, hot & spicy, cajun, jalapeņo, etc. anything in a can with a tab on the top is convenient for me...lasagna, sardines, soups, tuna, chili. you can always keep it moderately healthy with tuna, chicken, salmon and beans/veggies/fruits.

oh and your "man chow" reference reminds me of the hungry man tv dinners. those are pretty tasty for what they are.

alphacat
02-08-2007, 10:34
Hey, I thought about tv dinners maybe that would be a good way to go, after all you get everything you need to eat.

thanks for the reminder

Glockerel
02-09-2007, 08:45
Not sure if this is the same for you, but I have a friend who doesn't care what he eats, as long as he eats. He says if he could take a pill and avoid eating it would be great.
I find this concept so wierd- I mean we plan everything around meals. Granted, I am a chef, so I know food is a passion, but trying local and foriegn foods is such a fun adventure.
Why don't you start off with a crockpot and some simple recipes that you can just throw and go, come back and eat. Maybe that'll ease you into the joy of cooking?:thumbsup:

alphacat
02-09-2007, 09:13
I do the crock pot thing once in a while.
Human Chow was just a dream.

UTKEngineer
02-11-2007, 17:14
The closest thing to "dog food" for people is cereal.

It's got most of the essential vitamins, minerals, and what not. High fiber, low fat. Blah Blah Blah. I used to keep a tupperware container of it on my desk for when I got caught at school late w/o anything to eat.

PDogSniper
02-11-2007, 21:26
I thought it was called Spam...!:supergrin:

alphacat
02-11-2007, 21:53
Originally posted by PDogSniper
I thought it was called Spam...!:supergrin:

I understand that's a big thing in Hawaii.

:grill:

UTKEngineer
02-11-2007, 22:29
Spam is a HUGE thing in Hawaii.

But as far as a complete nutritional replacement, it's... uh... lacking.

Besides, if you tried to live off spam, you might as well go ahead and by stock in your favorite laxative. :(

Whoever brought up frozen dinners had a good idea. I'm a grad student at Texas and a lot of the grad students just bring 5 - 10 frozen dinners in on Monday and claim space in the freezer. Fairly affordable, simple and easy.

jawjaboy
02-18-2007, 05:50
Dog food for humans?

My wife makes(bakes) dog biscuits for our dogs. Quite edible and tasty...the dogs love 'em too!

glockawakka
02-19-2007, 21:04
any HORMEL product will suffice.