Idpa Championship Match In Tn!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Idpa Championship Match In Tn!!

hankfan79
02-07-2007, 21:48
For those of you that shoot IDPA, there will be a sanctioned IDPA championship match on March 24, 2007.

This will be a great match. It is being hosted by former area coordinator Myrin Young. There will be prizes including 2 GLOCKS to be given away, plus more!! There will also be food and beverages. If you have never competed in this type of shooting, now would be the perfect time. So come on out and blast about 200rds with us.

For more info go to:
www.idpa.com(under upcoming major matches- TRI-STATE CHAMPIONSHIP)
http://www.tristateshooters.com/

Bren
02-07-2007, 22:04
I was thinking about going to this one, but the info on their web site isn't too convincing - 10 stages and 150 rounds sounds like not much more than our regular monthly local matches. Have they held this match before? Does it usually draw a lot of shooters?

hankfan79
02-07-2007, 22:13
I was told that there was more stages than that. Then again, the info might not have been updated. It would be worth while just to see if you can win a glock. Or better yet...see if you can beat me? LOL!! Come and have some fun. The best of the best from Alabama will be there.

Then again, most matches do not consist of more than 12 stages, unless it is a two day match.

Berretta9
02-08-2007, 07:38
yeah but it's in Tenn.

hankfan79
02-08-2007, 09:55
Originally posted by Berretta9
yeah but it's in Tenn.

And? You can't travel? I live in Alabama but I am still going. Matches in different states allow shooters to shoot a wide range of stage designs. The best matches I have shot have been the Alabama State and Georgia State Championships.

I like meeting new people as well. I have learned alot from watching other competitors from different states. I learn something new every time I watch Dave Sevigny perform. I have seen him 3 times and it amazes me every time. Another thing is that you get to test you skills against different people. It would be boring to compete against the same people over and over at local matches.

Gary G23
02-08-2007, 17:25
I signed up.

domzilla9
02-08-2007, 19:51
I never shot IDPA before, but I never miss an opportunity to Travel to TN. Heck, it's got to be closer than the GSSF shoot in GA that month.

So, do I have to be classified in IDPA before I can shoot this match? If so, how do I go about it?

TreeHugger....ROADTRIP!

hankfan79
02-08-2007, 20:11
You can contact Myrin Young for details. go to their website and see if they have his email there. You can probably get it off the application form for the match.

http://www.tristateshooters.com/

Berretta9
02-08-2007, 21:17
might be fun. Dom let me know if you get info on being classified.

TreehugginGlock
02-08-2007, 21:49
might be fun. Dom let me know if you get info on being classified. Dom let me know....poo on you, too, Berretta. It's not like you haven't heard me talking about this over and over again for months and even tonight at our weekly gathering. Oooo, don't ask the girl....ooooo. She might know something...

Hello my AL friend,
I'm making every effort to get classified Marksmen this month so that I can shoot this match. I've planned my whole year around the different matches that I want to shoot. (I've never actually shot IDPA before but have watch several matches, gotten some tips from some friends that do shoot IDPA and feel as though I can do it too.) I plan on shooting the Tri-State, the AL, the Carolina Cup and finally the Nationals. Now I know I won't win any of them, but it is my goal to be able to say I participated in each of those matches this year. Heck, I already have my hotel reservations for AL & NC.

Any of the locals that want to go down and shoot the Tri-State, I'm all for a group roadtrip. I have no problem going by myself since it's just right outside my hometown and not a bad drive from Louisville, but it's always more fun if you have friends along for the ride and support. I haven't decided if I'm staying at the "official" hotel or not. There are tons to choose from in the area (I used to have a house near the "official" hotel.), so I might shop around.

If BGSL's berms are in a match ready state and they hold their monthly match on the 17th, Lin might classify us all. If not, then I'm hitting the road for Boaz if I can talk those boys into classifying me after thier monthly match this month. If you're interested, we can make it another group roadtrip.

Gary G23
02-09-2007, 07:45
I'm staying at the Motel 6 down by the Bass Pro. It's just a couple exits further and it's half the price of the match hotel.

Berretta9
02-09-2007, 12:44
Originally posted by TreehugginGlock
Dom let me know....poo on you, too, Berretta. It's not like you haven't heard me talking about this over and over again for months and even tonight at our weekly gathering. Oooo, don't ask the girl....ooooo. She might know something...

Hello my AL friend,
I'm making every effort to get classified Marksmen this month so that I can shoot this match. I've planned my whole year around the different matches that I want to shoot. (I've never actually shot IDPA before but have watch several matches, gotten some tips from some friends that do shoot IDPA and feel as though I can do it too.) I plan on shooting the Tri-State, the AL, the Carolina Cup and finally the Nationals. Now I know I won't win any of them, but it is my goal to be able to say I participated in each of those matches this year. Heck, I already have my hotel reservations for AL & NC.

Any of the locals that want to go down and shoot the Tri-State, I'm all for a group roadtrip. I have no problem going by myself since it's just right outside my hometown and not a bad drive from Louisville, but it's always more fun if you have friends along for the ride and support. I haven't decided if I'm staying at the "official" hotel or not. There are tons to choose from in the area (I used to have a house near the "official" hotel.), so I might shop around.

If BGSL's berms are in a match ready state and they hold their monthly match on the 17th, Lin might classify us all. If not, then I'm hitting the road for Boaz if I can talk those boys into classifying me after thier monthly match this month. If you're interested, we can make it another group roadtrip.

Oh now don't be that way. If you find out fist, you let me know

TreehugginGlock
02-09-2007, 21:46
Oh now don't be that way. If you find out fist, you let me know I will probably find out "fist" and will only share if I'm asked sweetly and with the respect I deserve. :miff:

Berretta9
02-10-2007, 07:14
Soooooo Sorry. " First " typo.

hankfan79
03-10-2007, 11:19
:bump:

TreehugginGlock
03-10-2007, 14:46
I'm already signed up, classified (Marksmen on my first try :banana: ) and ready for the roadtrip. I've even signed up and have my hotel reservation for the Alabama State in April.

Look for me in TN (my old home town). I'm really looking forward to making new friends in the IDPA world.

I've never actually shot any full official IDPA match yet, but have watched some and cannot wait to try my hand. Would love some pointers.

TreehugginGlock
aka Leigh Ann

hankfan79
03-10-2007, 15:21
I will be a safety officer on stage 3. You can go to their website and see the course of fire. Studying them may help you for the match.:thumbsup:

TreehugginGlock
03-10-2007, 15:41
Originally posted by hankfan79
I will be a safety officer on stage 3. You can go to their website and see the course of fire. Studying them may help you for the match.:thumbsup: Already printing...I figure the fewer surprises the better. I'm going to have enough on my mind trying to remember everything so I get no proceedurals (hate proceedurals). I'll make it a point to stop by and say hi.

Say, since you've been there before, I thought I saw something about a meet and great the night before, but I cannot find it on their website. Am I making this up? and if not, is it worth it to go to the Friday night thing at the range? I'm driving in from KY that afternoon and didn't know if I should just find dinner in town or should show for the meet and great on Friday night. Also, what time on Saturday do things wind down? I'm debating about sticking around that night or just driving back that night. Any suggestions?

hankfan79
03-10-2007, 18:24
It is totally up to you if you wish to do the "meet and great". It is just the shooters meeting the Safety Officers and Coordinators and such. Just to try to get to know everyone. I already know most of the crowd so it is doubtful that I will go. Then again, I will already be in town so I might just stop by.

It wouldn't hurt to drop by. If you have any questions, then would be the perfect time to ask. While trying to be a safety officer and/or shooting can make the match drag out even longer. The match does not end until all shooters are done and scores are posted. Then they have the award presentation. I have seen matches been done by 3pm and some as late as 7pm.

TreehugginGlock
03-10-2007, 20:35
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just play it by ear on both matters. I really miss my hometown bbq and this was my old part of town too. Looking forward to seeing how things look now adays. Haven't been back in at least 3 years.

Berretta9
03-11-2007, 08:21
You are from Tenn ????

TreehugginGlock
03-11-2007, 13:44
You are from Tenn ???? Why yes, I am. My family was there for over 100 years and even had a school named after my great grandfather. Most of us are gone now, though. It was a wonderful place while I was growing up, but I prefer Louisville right now. It reminds me of the way Memphis was when I was growing up, not the way Memphis is now. Pity about Memphis. When I lived there, it was known as City Beautiful and won all sorts of awards about being one of the prettiest and cleanest cities in the nation. Not that way the last time I was there. Last time I was there, it was dirty, crime ridden and looking very run down. I'm hoping I will be delightfully surprised during my short visit, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Not a big fan of W.W. (the mayor) and his Dixie Dance Kings. City has gone down hill since he took over the reigns in my opinion. Of course, the Fords didn't help either. They would play the racist card whenever they got caught with their hands in the cookie jars and deny any involvement in the bad but would take full credit for any good that happened anywhere remotely in their vacinity. Best thing I can say about the politics there is that it was very entertaining. It was like watching a comedy/drama. You didn't know whether to laugh or cry out sometimes. But I guess that can be said everywhere. Just seemed to me to be more previlent.

Oh well, they still have the best BBQ in the nation! and some of the best music, too, and I'm looking for my roadtrip. Wish there were more folks in this area to go down there with, but I'll be fine on my own. I'll just have to make new friends instead of hanging out with old ones.

hankfan79
03-28-2007, 06:31
I think it was the "Tree Hugger" I saw at the match. How did you do? That was my WORSE MATCH EVER! I won some cool stuff though. I left before the awards were even given out. I was the one you asked if I posted this message.

TreehugginGlock
03-28-2007, 09:56
Originally posted by hankfan79
I think it was the "Tree Hugger" I saw at the match. How did you do? That was my WORSE MATCH EVER! I won some cool stuff though. I left before the awards were even given out. I was the one you asked if I posted this message. Why yes, that was me. The one with the yellow ears and my avatar taped to the side. I saw you won a freebie. I don't recall what it was though. I did better than I expected. I met my goal of not being the worse shooter. I wasn't even the worse shooter of my class which tickled me. Turns out I did better than 7 folks and only one of those was a newbie like me.

I'm sure you didn't do as bad as you think and I bet I know which stage kicked you in the tail. Seems like the truck stage kicked alot of folks in the tail. I think I racked up over 78 points on that stage alone. Regardless of my score, I'm definitely hooked.

I had a blast and cannot wait for the AL next month! You going to be there too? I don't know how I will practice for that one. I hear they really like movers down in AL and I don't have access to a lot of movers. Guess I'll just have to pick up the speed on my trigger pulls and keep working on the accuracy.

I'll be at the match hotel for AL. I'm hoping to have a bunch of folks to hang out with. You going to be there too? I think Lin and Rosalee Edwards will be there. I think Roxanne said she was going too. She was the one running the score sheets in the golf carts.

Hope to see you there. LOVE IDPA!

Bren
03-29-2007, 04:40
I heard it was a really good match at a really good facility (unbelievable, was the word). Now I wish I had gone, instead of opting for the closer to home Southern Regional on my match schedule.

TreehugginGlock
03-29-2007, 19:35
Originally posted by Bren
I heard it was a really good match at a really good facility (unbelievable, was the word). Now I wish I had gone, instead of opting for the closer to home Southern Regional on my match schedule. Yes, the range was amazing! I would say country club quality. I think Rosalee was sold when she found out there was air conditioning at the flushing toilets at the pistol range! I'll have to admit, that impressed me a bit, too.

You shooting AL? I know Lin is. I'm really looking forward to it, too.