Dayton area gun shops [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dayton area gun shops

anyplainjoe
02-08-2007, 06:59
For the next several weekends I'll be traveling to the Dayton/Fairfield area, was wondering if anyone could recommend some local gun shops to stop by and browse around in?

nato6
02-08-2007, 12:40
North of Dayton you can check out Olde English Outfitters (Tipp City) and Gander Mountain (Huber Heights) (not a local Mom and Pop but huge selection). Hole in the wall shop named Jim's guns at the corner of Grange Hall and Patterson in Beavercreek. There are many others, but I can usually find anything I need between these three.

Nate

pjb829
02-08-2007, 15:15
Vandalia Tactical and Vandalia Armory are in Vandalia.

Lauhorner is 20 miles to the east just off of I70 in Springfield.

CaptToyota
02-08-2007, 17:35
Dayton area - Arms Depot, hole in wall for I care. Stay away from Jims, and Gunsport (don't know why I even brought Gunsport up)

Tipp City - Olde English, good selection, worth the stop

Vandalia - Vandalia Tactical on N Dixie, right off 75 adjacent to water tower seen off 75/Northwoods Blvd, and Vandalia Armory around the corner behind the Toyota dealer.

Huber - Gander Mountain, along 70 at Rt 202.

Troy - Ohio Rapid Fire, right off 75 just down from Wendys (seen from highway), and Bobs on the north side of town.

Springfield - Lauhorner, dont bother unless you want some clean range time, no lead though.. rifle and pistol ok.

75/275 - Target World at the SE section of the interchange, should be able to see a Harry's Corner sign on poles, Targetworld right there. West of 75 along 275 a couple exits is Bass Pro, don't look for load supplies though, they quit.

If any peeks your interest, send e-mail via the button, and I can guide you to all the above. The Tipp, Troy, Huber and Vandalia all within minutes of each other along same roads.

gigliowanananic
02-16-2007, 04:31
March 31st there will be a new gun shop in Kettering. Peabody's Sports is opening a retail store near Dorothy Lane and Wilmington Pike. I talked to the owner and he said it will be a "fancy" gun shop. Kinda like a jewlery shop for guns. They will also have a fire arms simulator.

Finally a shop south of town.

Pistol Pedro
02-16-2007, 19:06
Originally posted by gigliowanananic
March 31st there will be a new gun shop in Kettering.
Finally a shop south of town.

Cool:thumbsup:

DistantTea
02-18-2007, 11:04
GUNSPORT GUNSPORT GUNSPORT!

Everybody has to go to Gunsport at least once if they visit the area. Everybody needs a story about that place to pass on to their children.

Mine is I went in to buy a G34 but the guy and his wife were watching NASCAR and told me he didn't care what I was there to buy, he wasn't going to help me until the race was over.

pjb829
02-18-2007, 12:29
Everybody has to go to Gunsport at least once if they visit the area. Everybody needs a story about that place to pass on to their children. DistantTea, you are evil!

I'm amazed that dude is still in business. I had my first and only run in with him in the mid nineties. Customer Service is not his strong point.

Pete.

Setzer77
02-18-2007, 13:23
Not sure how close to Dayton you're actually talking, but There's one in Bellbrook on main st, I know the guy reasonably well, he's got good prices, I often go in there just to chat. There's also another in Xenia.

Pistol Pedro
02-19-2007, 12:34
Originally posted by DistantTea
GUNSPORT GUNSPORT GUNSPORT!

Everybody needs a story about that place to pass on to their children.

I went to High School just down the road from there. Back in the day when I was underage and generally young and dumb, myself and some buddies went in a couple times to window shop. The guy was always an @$$ to us. I always figured it was because we were just stupid kids.

A few weeks ago I returned for the first time in 20 years with a friend who was looking to buy a new Glock. In that 20 year period the owner hasn't changed a bit. Still an @$$, even to customers with money in hand. He huffed and puffed and let out a very audible sigh when he had to stop reading his Dayton Daily News fish wrapper because I asked to look at a G23 which was in the display case.

I will never step foot in the place again.

CaptToyota
02-23-2007, 18:08
Originally posted by Pistol Pedro
I went to High School just down the road from there. Back in the day when I was underage and generally young and dumb, myself and some buddies went in a couple times to window shop. The guy was always an @$$ to us. I always figured it was because we were just stupid kids.

A few weeks ago I returned for the first time in 20 years with a friend who was looking to buy a new Glock. In that 20 year period the owner hasn't changed a bit. Still an @$$, even to customers with money in hand. He huffed and puffed and let out a very audible sigh when he had to stop reading his Dayton Daily News fish wrapper because I asked to look at a G23 which was in the display case.

I will never step foot in the place again.

CHS graduate ??

Class of 1979 here.

Pistol Pedro
02-23-2007, 18:39
Originally posted by CaptToyota
CHS graduate ??

Class of 1979 here.

CHS Class of 1987. :wavey:

Eagle1
02-24-2007, 19:04
Is this the same guy that has the nice little shop and that sells class 3 weapons. I think it is a nice part of Dayton pass the Dayton Mall. If so, I have been there a few times.. Never really had a problem with him before though..

matty9
03-03-2007, 20:30
Vandalia Range and Armory is a great store. They will go out of their way to help. I think their Glock prices are a little high. Also a great place to shoot, clean, and always have a ro on the range unlike Target World who just have a freeforall.

gigliowanananic
03-04-2007, 03:44
Originally posted by Eagle1
Is this the same guy that has the nice little shop and that sells class 3 weapons. I think it is a nice part of Dayton pass the Dayton Mall. If so, I have been there a few times.. Never really had a problem with him before though..

They do LEO pricing on Glocks. I think it's the only place in Dayton that does.