What 20 gauge shotgun to buy at Guns Galore [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What 20 gauge shotgun to buy at Guns Galore

sjfrellc
02-08-2007, 11:38
Please help me pick out a 20 gauge. I've purchased a fair number of handguns at GG in Fenton, but no long guns. Do they have lot's in stock or do they have to order in?

I need a 20 g for very infrequent use. I want the lightest possible recoil in a semiautomatic for in case I go trap shooting with a 14 year old(son or daughter, petite woman(office staff) or older folks(father). I have a $250 gift certificate and only want to spend $500 dollars total. I'm not sure if I want inertia or gas operated. A Rem 1100 would be ideal but don't think new ones are available I missed the rush to get the $500 ones at Cabela's in January). I don't think a 11-87 is as good. Beretta, lowest grade Browning or Benelli maybe.

It may be a stretch, but can some of the youth models be converted to adult size?

What I'm mostly asking is will Guns Galore have something to fit the bill?

centennial
02-08-2007, 16:38
Why wouldn't you just call them?

Hauptmann6
02-09-2007, 08:51
the 11-87 is quite well made. But it fo course won't be up to the cosmetic standards of a Beretta. But they last forever.

An inertia semi auto doesn't reduce recoil like a gas gun.

sjfrellc
02-09-2007, 16:25
Thanks Hauptman, thats info I need to know. Maybe I will go with the 11-87. I don't need it to look good, just shoot adequately.

Why wouldn't you just call them? What's worked for me at GG is to show up or call after I already know what I want. Instead of asking what they recommend which is too open ended, I call when I know I want a Browning or a Rem 11-87 or a Beretta and ask if they have it and what's the price. I'm assuming they have most of the common stuff in stock, but I don't ever see their new long guns on display.

Hauptmann6
02-10-2007, 23:44
BTW if they don't have a youth, get a normal one and shorten the stock.