XBox 360 question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : XBox 360 question

Rec4LMS
02-08-2007, 23:42
I want to purchase an XBox 360. However, I have a few questions. First, can I use dial up? (I live in a bermuda triangle of the city with no reasonable high speed options.) Second, without internet access, can I play the older XBox games (such as Halo and Halo 2)? Thanks!

freakshow10mm
02-09-2007, 10:09
No, broadband only.

Yes, some original Xbox games will work on the 360. There is a list of games that will work on the Xbox site. You might need to download the emulator from the site and install it on your harddrive on the 360 (the HD comes with the premuim pack, which I have). I think they might offer to mail you a copy on a CD for a small $1.99 shipping fee.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardscompatibility.htm#order

Should take about three weeks according to them. If you don't want to wait that long, PM me your address and I can burn a copy of it to CD-ROM and mail it to you for free. I am going out of town after school and the earliest I could burn and mail it is Monday if you don't mind. Just let me know.

Rec4LMS
02-16-2007, 21:31
Originally posted by freakshow10mm
No, broadband only.

Yes, some original Xbox games will work on the 360. There is a list of games that will work on the Xbox site. You might need to download the emulator from the site and install it on your harddrive on the 360 (the HD comes with the premuim pack, which I have). I think they might offer to mail you a copy on a CD for a small $1.99 shipping fee.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardscompatibility.htm#order

Should take about three weeks according to them. If you don't want to wait that long, PM me your address and I can burn a copy of it to CD-ROM and mail it to you for free. I am going out of town after school and the earliest I could burn and mail it is Monday if you don't mind. Just let me know.

Thank you for the offer. I've ordered a copy of the CD. I am looking at moving out to BFE, so if I'm lucky I will have a place that at least has the option of DSL. Thanks!

freakshow10mm
02-16-2007, 21:36
No problem. I know what you mean. I had 100MB/s in Green Bay and now have dial up at home. Good thing school has broadband.