Stocking Holster Shops In NOVA [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Stocking Holster Shops In NOVA

mallcop
02-09-2007, 14:59
I am heading to NOVA tomorrow and want to visit any shops with descent selection of holsters. So, where should I go?

BTW, before any of you big city shooters say back home hayseed! I can drive 90 plus while drinking a Slurpy and talking on my celly just like y'all! :banana:

pjva04
02-09-2007, 15:48
One of the biggest shortcomings of Northern Va, IMHO, is the lack of stocking holster dealers. The best selection I have seen was at the Fredericksburg Expo Gun Show. I think Richmond has a couple places I have heard mentioned (can't remember the names). Gander has Uncle Piece of Craps, a few Galco, Bianchi, and Fobus. Shooters Paradise in Woodbridge has some way expensive Galco holsters (but a large selection, so you could try some out and order them on WWW). I think the problem with stocking too many holsters is the overhead vs. cost isn't worth it for the merchants.

mallcop
02-09-2007, 15:54
Originally posted by pjva04
One of the biggest shortcomings of Northern Va, IMHO, is the lack of stocking holster dealers. The best selection I have seen was at the Fredericksburg Expo Gun Show. I think Richmond has a couple places I have heard mentioned (can't remember the names). Gander has Uncle Piece of Craps, a few Galco, Bianchi, and Fobus. Shooters Paradise in Woodbridge has some way expensive Galco holsters (but a large selection, so you could try some out and order them on WWW). I think the problem with stocking too many holsters is the overhead vs. cost isn't worth it for the merchants.

I am positive that it is terribly cost prohibitive to stock these items, but business is business. I normally only buy stock waiting for custom order such as this pending purchase.

Fungunner
02-09-2007, 16:03
I'd rather believe we NoVa members are not so judgemental. A lot of families that were responsible for the growth of NoVa, such as my own, came from the valley and Southwest Virginia.

I think there are pretty good selections at both Virginia Arms and Guns & Ammo Warehouse, both located on Rt 28 in Manassas.

mallcop
02-09-2007, 16:06
Originally posted by Fungunner
I'd rather believe we NoVa members are not so judgemental. A lot of families that were responsible for the growth of NoVa, such as my own, came from the valley and Southwest Virginia.

I think there are pretty good selections at both Virginia Arms and Guns & Ammo Warehouse, both located on Rt 28 in Manassas.

Bruda, if ya came from the valley you are all good! :thumbsup:

mallcop
02-09-2007, 16:09
Tell me more about this G&A Warehouse. How far is it from VA Arms?

sfend002
02-09-2007, 16:13
From my experience it has to be VA Arms. FWIW I have pretty much settled on the fact that I have to special order any holster worth having.

mallcop
02-09-2007, 16:57
Are there any VA Arms folks on this board? It would be nice to say hello if so.

sfend002
02-09-2007, 17:14
Try the VA section of ARFCOM. There is a guy there that posts pretty often.

mallcop
02-09-2007, 17:18
Originally posted by sfend002
Try the VA section of ARFCOM. There is a guy there that posts pretty often.

riflecop?

pjva04
02-09-2007, 17:52
Originally posted by mallcop
I am positive that it is terribly cost prohibitive to stock these items, but business is business. I normally only buy stock waiting for custom order such as this pending purchase.

I think I should keep a standing order in with UBG for a holster to fit whichever gun I am going to obsess about next..:banana:

vafish
02-09-2007, 20:03
Tell me more about this G&A Warehouse. How far is it from VA Arms?

Just a couple of miles. Mapquest them.

Guns & Ammo Warehouse Inc
Address: 10981 Nokesville Rd, Manassas, VA 20110
Phone: (703) 365-9941

Virginia Arms Co Inc
Address: 9760 Center St, Manassas, VA 20110
Phone: (703) 368-3949

mallcop
02-09-2007, 20:16
Originally posted by vafish
Just a couple of miles. Mapquest them.

Guns & Ammo Warehouse Inc
Address: 10981 Nokesville Rd, Manassas, VA 20110
Phone: (703) 365-9941

Virginia Arms Co Inc
Address: 9760 Center St, Manassas, VA 20110
Phone: (703) 368-3949

Dunka! I am not use to that nasty traffic up there. Is the weekend also scary?

vafish
02-10-2007, 05:30
Weekends aren't as bad for the most part, but Rt 66 from about Manassas into DC is getting to the point where it is always bad.

Out around Manassas in the area of those 2 gun shops isn't too bad.

mallcop
02-10-2007, 05:33
Originally posted by vafish
Weekends aren't as bad for the most part, but Rt 66 from about Manassas into DC is getting to the point where it is always bad.

Out around Manassas in the area of those 2 gun shops isn't too bad.

Good, I am getting ready to roll shortly.

pjva04
02-10-2007, 06:52
mallcop, if you get a chance could you report back any specific good deal you see there? I have never been to either of those shops but would be interested to know if their selection and prices of firearms and holsters is worth the trip up (or over when I go to the Dale City Gun Show).

Thanks,

Phil

mallcop
02-10-2007, 17:02
mallcop, if you get a chance could you report back any specific good deal you see there? I have never been to either of those shops but would be interested to know if their selection and prices of firearms and holsters is worth the trip up (or over when I go to the Dale City Gun Show).

Thanks,

Phil

I just returned from my NOVA gun frenzy. The first stop was VA Arms which had a lot of interesting gear at average prices. The next stop was G&A Warehouse (my favorite) where they tried to force me to eat donuts and drink coffee. Last but not least was Quantico Arms that was also cool. There is a better selection in these shops then I expected and the trip was well worth taking.

pjva04
02-10-2007, 17:28
I just returned from my NOVA gun frenzy. The first stop was VA Arms which had a lot of interesting gear at average prices. The next stop was G&A Warehouse (my favorite) where they tried to force me to eat donuts and drink coffee. Last but not least was Quantico Arms that was also cool. There is a better selection in these shops then I expected and the trip was well worth taking.

Cool. Gonna drag my wife and daughter up there to take a look around:thumbsup:

mallcop
02-10-2007, 17:35
Cool. Gonna drag my wife and daughter up there to take a look around:thumbsup:

I also stopped at GM today in F'burg on the way home and it was a real zoo! They had more stuff then I exspected which was cool.

Fungunner
02-11-2007, 09:24
... G&A Warehouse (my favorite) where they tried to force me to eat donuts and drink coffee.

Ah, sounds like you ran smack dab into Bill. How many Wilson 1911's did he tempt you with?

mallcop
02-11-2007, 09:32
Originally posted by Fungunner
Ah, sounds like you ran smack dab into Bill. How many Wilson 1911's did he tempt you with?

OMG, he chased me around the store with a Wilson. Now I know how it feels to be stalked. Of course it was by a guy wearing a 38 Super trying to tempt me with coffee, donuts and gorgeous 1911's! :supergrin:

BTW, it was my favorite store up there.:thumbsup:

NoSuchStudios
02-12-2007, 13:27
Both shops are very cool. G&A has the best prices on 5.11 gear i've seen anywhere outside of the net.

Just went to VA arms a few days ago for the first time and that place is great. Just too many people trying to help me. And i can't really say that's a prob. I've been to a few shops that couldn't care at all.

To boot, they've got quite fair prices on most of their firearms.

Good times. big ups to both of em.

And big ups to the Shenandoah Valley :thumbsup:

rifle-cop624
02-12-2007, 19:41
VA Arms, big + one for holsters.

Shooters Paradise has a bigger selection of GALCO. Their prices are fair, but you get the "good guy" discount for cops/fire/military (active or reserve).