Project Reality 2, Battlefield 2 mod [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Project Reality 2, Battlefield 2 mod

Tvov
02-09-2007, 17:14
I have recently gotten hooked on Project Reality 2, a mod for Battlefield 2.

http://www.realitymod.com/

No throwing down med packs to instant heal - medics have to hold their pack and be within 3ft of someone to heal. No targeting reticle on the screen - you have to bring up your gun and aim it. Guns are much more deadly, three shots will bring someone down. M16s are much more effective than in regular BF2. Everyone doesn't have parachutes - no jumping off buildings! lol Many kits, such as snipers and support (LMG), are limited. No onscreen message saying you killed someone, you have to go and make sure.

A bunch more changes. Be ready to die a lot, and join squads. Extra kits are only available to squads. Trying to "lonewolf" it, you won't last long.

I kind of got tired quickly with Battlefield 2142. That game is just missing something, it doesn't have that "spark" for me.

I usually play with Outlaws of Sherwood Forest, OSF.

Jericho941
02-17-2007, 11:43
Originally posted by Tvov
I have recently gotten hooked on Project Reality 2, a mod for Battlefield 2.

http://www.realitymod.com/

No throwing down med packs to instant heal - medics have to hold their pack and be within 3ft of someone to heal. No targeting reticle on the screen - you have to bring up your gun and aim it. Guns are much more deadly, three shots will bring someone down. M16s are much more effective than in regular BF2. Everyone doesn't have parachutes - no jumping off buildings! lol Many kits, such as snipers and support (LMG), are limited. No onscreen message saying you killed someone, you have to go and make sure.

A bunch more changes. Be ready to die a lot, and join squads. Extra kits are only available to squads. Trying to "lonewolf" it, you won't last long.

I kind of got tired quickly with Battlefield 2142. That game is just missing something, it doesn't have that "spark" for me.

I usually play with Outlaws of Sherwood Forest, OSF.

Thanks for the link. I am addicted to BF2, and was hoping for more realism in the game. Are there ranked servers that run this mod?

Tvov
02-17-2007, 11:54
Oooh... don't say "ranked", lol. No mods for BF2 are ranked. EAGames won't allow it. Some servers have sort of private ranking systems, but that's about it. The whole ranking system is making it difficult for the mods to really get going. As opposed to Desert Combat, the mod for Battlefield1942, which is actually more popular now than the original game.

The gameplay, I think, is MUCH better on unranked servers. It becomes more important that your team wins, not just who is at the top of the list.

Right now, Project Reality is the top mod for BF2, it has passed Point of Existence 2. There are plenty of active servers. Outlaws of Sherwood Forest (OSF), is full almost every night (Eastern time). It will take awhile to get the hang of how everything works in PR2, especially how to get the special kits, run the armor (need two crewman, driver and gunner), and especially fly the aircraft. The helicopters are VERY touchy, and take time to learn. The game is really centered around joining squads and teamplay.