Postion Paper on Comelec Gun Ban [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Postion Paper on Comelec Gun Ban

nitrox920
02-09-2007, 18:35
What do you think if we draft a position paper on our stand about the COMELEC GUN BAN.

blueeagle
02-09-2007, 19:11
good idea. but i think that for as long as we have a govt insecure about its hold on power, gun bans are here to stay.;)

Valor1
02-09-2007, 19:55
well, if the comelec is going to earn from the position paper, probably there will be ears to listen. now that they know that granting exemptions is a business, i'll say the effort will be a waste.

i know the feeling. probably light guns in playstation consoles can help alleviate the symptoms you're currently experiencing.

isuzu
02-09-2007, 20:32
Too late. Before somebody even notices it because of the busy election schedules, the gun ban would be over.

nitrox920
02-10-2007, 01:25
It's worth a try..we can compile all the data and present it to the public thru radio,tv and print.
I believe we have a gun-lawyers here in the group who can draft a 1-2 page position paper. Distribute it and Each one of us can start a signature campaign from luzon,visayas and mindanao with that.

Lets give it a try...theres no harm in trying something we believe it.

blueeagle
02-10-2007, 06:49
our best bet is to ask for a shorter gun ban period.:thumbsup:

Valor1
02-10-2007, 09:52
or there is an easier way. look for a BOG member that can win the presidency in 2010. if he or she wins, no more gun bans and no need for PTC or useless requirements. everybody happy. THE END

jimbullet
02-10-2007, 23:53
The only best way to ensure that there would be no more gun ban in the future would be to legislate it. The right to keep and bear arms.

blueeagle
02-11-2007, 02:55
the politicos would never legislate the right to bear and keep firearms kasi baka gamitin sa kanila!:) another thing to look out for is the anti-terror bill. if this is going to be passed, juan de la cruz is going to get it in the neck again!
:sad: :sad: :sad:

nitrox920
02-11-2007, 08:44
I understand some legislature dont want to touch the gun laws because if they do... baka, this left leaning tongressman would ammend it and make it worst for everybody.

by the way whats the partlylist organization that this anti-gun advocate nady pacheco is running? we have to look out for him and his group.

I think your right blueeagle on the shorter gun ban period..they should do it just a month before the election, but what i also heard this is just a test for a TOTAL GUN GUN in the philippines that will be implemented in the future.

blueeagle
02-12-2007, 03:36
anti-terror bill plus total gun ban equals creeping martial law.:sad:

blueeagle
02-12-2007, 03:43
why are they afraid of that left-leaning tongressman? they are going to out-shout him anyway!!!:rofl: