Is it safe...??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe...???


jojo_G19
02-09-2007, 20:22
is it safe to order this over the internet and have it shipped here?

http://www.leatherman.com/images/chargeTTi/charge-tti-diagram.jpg


this will be my first time to order over the internet. and i dont know how much will be the freight charger and kung ano pa ng other fees that i will have to pay.

can anybody help me about this.


tnx
jojo

Kaiser Soze
02-09-2007, 21:29
Originally posted by jojo_G19
is it safe to order this over the internet and have it shipped here?

http://www.leatherman.com/images/chargeTTi/charge-tti-diagram.jpg


this will be my first time to order over the internet. and i dont know how much will be the freight charger and kung ano pa ng other fees that i will have to pay.

can anybody help me about this.


tnx
jojo

I suggest that you compute the charges for delivery, cost of item, etc...also factor in the wait time...then compare it to the price locally, say at SOE (hanep ba sa plugging?) If the price difference is low, then buy it here, at least you get to take it home right away.

TTPower
02-09-2007, 21:33
yup i can say its ok!it would be cheaper if u have a relative or a friend in the states who can bring it here for u. u'll be able to save the shipping charges. minsan kasi malaki shipping charges going here sa pinas :) what i usually do is i get it thru internet and have it shipped sa aunt ko sa states.... 5$ lng shipping charge minsan wala pa unlike if u have it shipped here sa pinas. check mo na lng sa site how much if u have it shipped here :)

tagaykoyan
02-09-2007, 22:32
Originally posted by Titi-Power
yup i can say its ok!it would be cheaper if u have a relative or a friend in the states who can bring it here for u. u'll be able to save the shipping charges. minsan kasi malaki shipping charges going here sa pinas :) what i usually do is i get it thru internet and have it shipped sa aunt ko sa states.... 5$ lng shipping charge minsan wala pa unlike if u have it shipped here sa pinas. check mo na lng sa site how much if u have it shipped here :)

i agree. i've been buying all of my gun accessories online. between $5 to $10 lang ang shipping charges. and mura pa kasi malakas ang peso ngayon.

no offense po sa mga local stores natin, pero kahit idagdag mo yung shipping charges sa price, ang mura pa rin sa US.

Kaiser Soze
02-10-2007, 03:50
Originally posted by tagaykoyan
i agree. i've been buying all of my gun accessories online. between $5 to $10 lang ang shipping charges. and mura pa kasi malakas ang peso ngayon.

no offense po sa mga local stores natin, pero kahit idagdag mo yung shipping charges sa price, ang mura pa rin sa US.

Of course it's cheaper in the US, because aside from Custom duties, shipping costs, and of course profit markup raises costs here...but on the flip side, there's no wait time, and there are a lot of items that are not allowed for normal US citizens like MicroTech knives that are freely sold here in the Philippines.

jojo_G19
02-10-2007, 04:21
Originally posted by Kaiser Soze
I suggest that you compute the charges for delivery, cost of item, etc...also factor in the wait time...then compare it to the price locally, say at SOE (hanep ba sa plugging?) If the price difference is low, then buy it here, at least you get to take it home right away.


available ba un sa SOE?? kano kaya? maybe pag konti lang difference dun nlang ako bibili. :thumbsup:


maybe someone from SOE can PM me the price and some details..

Kaiser.. are u from SOE? :supergrin: maybe i can get a bigger discount :animlol:

jasonub
02-10-2007, 04:35
Why are microtech knives illegal to buy in the usa?

jasonub
02-10-2007, 04:38
http://www.microtechknives.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=32&Itemid=51

heres were americans or anybody with a card can buy it. some are malls.

this ones expensive!

LINK (http://www.theblademaster.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=52)

vega
02-10-2007, 09:27
Yes it is safe to order via the internet and it is safe to have it shipped there. But there is no assurance that you will get it or would the custom guys not hassle you.

Just buy from SOE.

Kaiser Soze
02-10-2007, 10:35
Originally posted by jasonub
http://www.microtechknives.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=32&Itemid=51

heres were americans or anybody with a card can buy it. some are malls.

this ones expensive!

LINK (http://www.theblademaster.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=52)

Yes sir, technically anyone with a credit card can buy these knives in the US, however, the laws don't allow the ownership/selling/delivery of automatic knives to civilians in some states and localities.

For example, the onestopknifeshop has this disclaimer:


Auto law release form.

IN COMPLIANCE WITH FEDERAL STATUTES:
Read carefully all conditions set forth below.
By placing an order with us, you agree that you meet any or all of the following criteria.
Federal law prohibits shipment of automatic knives across state lines, with the following exceptions:

(1) to civilian or Armed Forces supply or procurement officers and employees of the Federal Government ordering, procuring, or purchasing such knives in connection with the activities of the Federal Government;
(2) to supply or procurement officers of the National Guard, the Air National guard, or militia of a state, territory or the District of Columbia ordering, procuring, or purchasing such knives in the connection with the activities of such organization;
(3) to supply or procurement officers or employees of the municipal government of the District of Columbia or the government of any State or Territory, or any county, city or other political subdivision of a State or Territory; (4) to manufacturers of such knives or bona fide dealers therein in connection with any shipment made pursuant of an order from any person designated in paragraphs (1), (2), and (3).

1 Stop Knife Shop will sell no such knives to any individual outside the State of Kentucky without the above conditions being met. This does not apply to automatic knives made within the state of Kentucky.

Legal status of products: It is the responsibility of the buyer, not the seller, to ascertain, and obey, all applicable local, state, federal and international laws in regard to the possession, and use, of any item purchased from 1 Stop Knife Shop. All equipment is sold subject to public law 90-351, title III, U.S.D., Section 2511, and any local, state or federal ordinances. Consult your local and state laws before ordering if you are in doubt. Absolutely no sales to minors. By placing an order, the buyer represents that the products ordered will be used in a lawful manner and that the he/she is of legal age. 1 Stop Knife Shop will not be held liable for the misuse of any product purchased from us or any of our distributors & dealers. Also as no product is 100% effective against attack, 1 Stop Knife Shop assumes no responsibility if a product purchased from us is not effective in preventing bodily injury, dismemberment or death.

ANYONE attempting to falsify information or defraud our company in any way, WILL be turned over to the proper authorities. Any attempts at extortion or entrapment will also be met with swift legal action!

Also here's a summary of US Knife laws:

US Knife Law Summary

Ballistic knives (automatic blade throwers) are prohibited.

Switchblades may not be transported/mailed across state lines unless the recipient intends to use it for military use.

Possessing a knife in a federal facility is prohibited unless it is a pocket knife with blade under 2.5".


Source: http://www.donath.org/Rants/StateKnifeLaws/

jasonub
02-10-2007, 18:51
ah ok, they prohibit all automatic knives. i thought only microtech knives are illegal for a reason.

Also some states prohibit auto knives but others allow it.

Crazy laws. I just cant understand the difference between evil automatic knives and other knives.

vega
02-10-2007, 19:31
Automatics, spring loaded and butterfly (balisong) arenot allowed in the State of CA.