Glock MODS (From Essential To Cosmetic) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock MODS (From Essential To Cosmetic)

charlie-xray
02-10-2007, 08:44
If you'd be in my shoes, what Glock MODS would you first and foremost invest on and the least.

Please specify model and location where to buy if possible.

These mods are for a G23 and G17, budget 20K each.

Allegra
02-10-2007, 09:08
a "Protected by Glock " sticker
Just have to look for a box type lancer to put it on

Django
02-10-2007, 09:11
First priority: After market barrel and iron sights.

Second priority: Additional mags.

Third priority: Invest in practice ammo rather than cosmetic mods.

charlie-xray
02-10-2007, 09:13
Thanks, will keep this in mind.

Originally posted by Django
First priority: After market barrel and iron sights.

Second priority: Additional mags.

Third priority: Invest in practice ammo rather than cosmetic mods.

bikethief
02-10-2007, 09:13
A lot of people will say invest it in ammo and training and I agree. That being said, I would get the following (in order of priority):

1. weapons light
2. night sights
3. barsto barrel
4. Caspian slide

Hmmm...pero kung may budget na 20k each which means 40k total, I'd get a glock 26!;) Perfect MOD yun sa 17 and 23 mo!

charlie-xray
02-10-2007, 09:14
Magkakaroon ulit ng kapatid yung magkapatid ko ngayon, hehe that's a nice one. Thanks.

Originally posted by bikethief
A lot of people will say invest it in ammo and training and I agree. That being said, I would get the following (in order of priority):

1. weapons light
2. night sights
3. barsto barrel
4. Caspian slide

Hmmm...pero kung may budget na 20k each which means 40k total, I'd get a glock 26!;) Perfect MOD yun sa 17 and 23 mo!

9MX
02-10-2007, 09:20
WTS competition sights, FO front.
additional magazines (17 rounder) - 2
1 bodegang practice ammunition

charlie-xray
02-10-2007, 09:26
Nice one pre, 300 rounds lang ng armscor FMJ .40cal nasaktan na ako sa presyo eh! cost me 5,500 huhuhu sakit sa bulsa pero ok lang.

Will surely invest on the extra mags, sure na sure.

Thanks pre, hope the pregnancy of your wife goes well all the way.

Originally posted by 9MX
WTS competition sights, FO front.
additional magazines (17 rounder) - 2
1 bodegang practice ammunition

ilocano
02-10-2007, 11:44
if you intend to compete with it then +1 on the ammo. Its not as easy as shooting a cz or tanfoglio in production. Conversely, if its for carry, a good holster is enough

Eye Cutter
02-10-2007, 17:40
if you want to stick with the glock platform, i'd change to metal/night sights or i'd get a caspian slide and aftermarket barrel for the G23. The G17, i'd just change the sights.

serious advice ito, bro, bumili ka na lang ng hi-cap 1911. Armscor, ParaOrd, SPS, STI in .40 S&W. Iyon ang i-customize mo to your heart's content! Hindi mo na papansinin mga glocks mo after!

revo
02-10-2007, 17:51
There is no need to modify a Glock.

It is .... perfect.

However, if you are planning to reload yourself or are planning to use lead bullets, then an aftermarket barrel with a fully supported chamber is almost necessary. If you always use new jacketed ammo, this isn't necessary.

If you are planning to compete in IPDA or IPSC, you can replace the trigger connector to a 3.5# connector which will bring down the trigger pull to approx 4.5#.

If you are shooting IPSC Production, you can add a FO front sight.

That's it.

JuDGe
02-10-2007, 19:19
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
serious advice ito, bro, bumili ka na lang ng hi-cap 1911. Armscor, ParaOrd, SPS, STI in .40 S&W. Iyon ang i-customize mo to your heart's content! Hindi mo na papansinin mga glocks mo after!

perfect statement from the gun guru! :thumbsup:

jasonub
02-10-2007, 19:29
PERFECT Accesory is a 1911,2011

ogiebb
02-10-2007, 20:57
Dawson sights,Barsto Barrel (legal ba sa IPSC prod ito?) 3.5 connector Basta wag lang baba ng 5# pull...

Cosmetic?
Caspian slide
Barsto Barrel
Stippled grip
Dawson Ice
Dawson sights....

+1 sa suggestion nina Doc EC at Jason...im learning my lesson at babalik ba ulit sa 2011 platform (saka na muna CZ):hugs: :hugs:

revo
02-10-2007, 21:05
haha

Sa mga 1911 fans, alam niyo ang mga baril hindi parang syota o jowa na pedeng magselos kung meron kang ibang baril.

Buy them all !!

You'll soon discover, as others all around the world have, that as a pure defensive pistol, that Glock is damn near perfect - especially yung Glock 19.

Sweater
02-10-2007, 21:55
First ,good handgrip.(Pachmayr,Hogue)Second grip plug (Jentra or other brands)Third ,Wolf competition springs (#3 pieces)then good sights (Meps, Trijicon or Fiber optics).The factory barrels of Glocks just works fine for me.If you want KKM or Bar-sto barrel are good choices.Good luck and stay safe.

ogiebb
02-10-2007, 21:58
Originally posted by Sweater
First ,good handgrip.(Pachmayr,Hogue)Second grip plug (Jentra or other brands)Third ,Wolf competition springs (#3 pieces)then good sights (Meps, Trijicon or Fiber optics).The factory barrels of Glocks just works fine for me.If you want KKM or Bar-sto barrel are good choices.ood luck and stay safe.

Sweater,

just saw your location, do you shoot IPSC ? if you are see you at Cenral Jersey tomorrow:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Alamat
02-10-2007, 22:17
sir, tama si doc ec, ganyang ganyan ang sinabi nya sakin nun sa glock at peter stahl ko, kaya ngayon, masaya po ako sa sps ko hehe.. tnx doc!:thumbsup:

Sweater
02-10-2007, 22:35
Ogiebb, How you doing,i went to Central Jersey Gun club in Jackson few times, but i dont shoot IPSC yet.

Eye Cutter
02-10-2007, 22:41
Originally posted by Alamat
sir, tama si doc ec, ganyang ganyan ang sinabi nya sakin nun sa glock at peter stahl ko, kaya ngayon, masaya po ako sa sps ko hehe.. tnx doc!:thumbsup:

hwehehehehe! kelangan madaanan mo kasi lahat yan! you need to crawl before you can walk and run di ba!?! hahaha! yan ang tinatawag ni Mustafa na Circle of Life! Nyahahahaha! In the end, sa 1911 rin patutunguhan!

:supergrin:

Eye Cutter
02-10-2007, 22:44
Originally posted by Sweater
Ogiebb, How you doing,i went to Central Jersey Gun club in Jackson few times, but i dont shoot IPSC yet.Have a lot of friends that go shoot there regularly .One of them is Andy F.I just go to Shore Shot in Lakewood to shoot.Maybe this spring i will start to shoot IPSC.Good luck tommorow.

sweater, try to hook up with ogie. mas mapapagastos ka sa mga toys natin once you start ipsc! guaranteed!

:thumbsup:

Alamat
02-10-2007, 23:24
hwehehehehe! kelangan madaanan mo kasi lahat yan! you need to crawl before you can walk and run di ba!?! hahaha! yan ang tinatawag ni Mustafa na Circle of Life! Nyahahahaha! In the end, sa 1911 rin patutunguhan!

i definitely agree doc hehe :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

charlie-xray
02-11-2007, 00:16
Thanks for all your inputs, surely learned a lot from you guys. Now I can make a calculated decision, I'd be getting myself a good sights then the rest could follow if the budget permits.

Alexii
02-11-2007, 22:26
In the end, sa 1911 rin patutunguhan!

Tama! :supergrin:

charlie-xray
02-12-2007, 00:33
Both are eye candies.

atmarcella
02-19-2007, 23:12
if you have a decent gunsmith nearby the 1911 is a good gun.....

if not, the glock will suit you better, its a DIY gun:thumbsup:

charlie-xray
02-20-2007, 02:20
Yes, the Glock is perfectly the easiest one patinuin.

Pero I think I'd just be saving say for the next 2 years para sa STI Edge or something like it to save myself the trouble of going back and forth a gunsmith.

Ang iniiwasan ko kasi is yung human factor, human error ba, baka instead na matuwa ako eh ika-inis ko lang.

Ako pa naman may tendency na nawawalan ng GANA sa isang gamit ko kapag ka may palpak ng nangyari or na-damage.

Yan ang iniiwasan ko hangga't maari, kaya sa 2 years na ipon maybe I could afford it, kahit na aminado akong ATAT magka 1911/2011 I'd keep the tiger at bay muna.

Originally posted by atmarcella
if you have a decent gunsmith nearby the 1911 is a good gun.....

if not, the glock will suit you better, its a DIY gun:thumbsup:

atmarcella
02-20-2007, 08:12
kahit naka sti edge ka cguro after a while dalhin mo din yan sa gunsmith, maybe not when its new pero after a while gusto mo na din yan pa kalikot ang trigger etc., out of the box ata mga 3lbs. trigger nyan, after a while gusto mo na din baba sa 1.5, basta 1911 after a while me tendency talaga yan pumunta sa smith, YMMV:thumbsup:

MR_BIG
02-20-2007, 09:24
snapcap

snapcap

snapcap

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f170/g30_croox/DSCN0519.jpg

new gun

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f170/g30_croox/DSCN05622.jpg
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mtho
02-20-2007, 13:12
bakit parang bitin yung frame?

Eye Cutter
02-20-2007, 15:50
extended yung slide! meron barrel weight yang slide ni mr big

HEAVY
02-20-2007, 20:15
ang ganda!

nakaka-inggit!

parang panahon na para simulan ang aking project .40!

:banana:

Putok-Glock
02-20-2007, 20:29
Ha ha ha! one of the best mods for a glock is a 1911! Obvious ba???

atmarcella
02-21-2007, 02:12
yup, keep those gunsmith's happy:thumbsup:

techno97
10-23-2009, 20:06
Tama! :supergrin:

I beg to disagree...while the 1911 is a fine piece of weaponry, the glock has proven to be just as fine, if not more.

the glock is fine in itself . but, should you be using hot re-loads (major load reloads), just to be safe, a bar-sto barrel would be essential to protect you from shell KBs. that is why glock voids all warranties when using reloads. however, should you persist on using reloads, as long have a good reloader (the person) who would really help you develop your loads - the said possibility can be negated.

bikethief
10-24-2009, 10:11
Wow. This is an old thread. When this was started, 34k lang ang glock!

s0nny_g17
10-24-2009, 16:48
for competition (production)

1. aftermarket barrel. a custom order should be made, black with no marks
2. sevigny competition sights
3. lonewolf connector
4. ISMI or wolf recoil and trigger springs
5. jager guiderod(its the only black colored guiderod. mine was never noticed even in level3)
6. grip tape
7. speed holster
8. 2 cent trigger job
9. a lot of ammo and time for practice

for carry
night sights
a good carry holster
good ammos

the good thing about glock is you can do the gunsmithing yourself. sights removal and installation was the only time that i needed a gunsmith

MERCMADE
10-26-2009, 05:02
for competition (production)

1. aftermarket barrel. a custom order should be made, black with no marks
2. sevigny competition sights
3. lonewolf connector
4. ISMI or wolf recoil and trigger springs
5. jager guiderod(its the only black colored guiderod. mine was never noticed even in level3)
6. grip tape
7. speed holster
8. 2 cent trigger job
9. a lot of ammo and time for practice

for carry
night sights
a good bag
good ammos

the good thing about glock is you can do the gunsmithing yourself. sights removal and installation was the only time that i needed a gunsmith

fixed that for you

Glock_19_9x19
10-26-2009, 05:56
Wow. This is an old thread. When this was started, 34k lang ang glock!

Naabutan ko pa nung P32k :supergrin: I'm glad di ko na binenta.

Putok-Glock
10-26-2009, 08:47
Ha ha ha! one of the best mods for a glock is a 1911! Obvious ba???

after some years w/ my 1911 custom Para, I plan to return to my Glock 35 for std div...reason? RELIABILTY, RELIABILTY, RELIABILTY, RELIABILTY, RELIABILTY...

and I take back my words...the 1911 is not the best mods for a glock! Think its the other way around?

Black_SIR
10-26-2009, 18:59
if you want to stick with the glock platform, i'd change to metal/night sights or i'd get a caspian slide and aftermarket barrel for the G23. The G17, i'd just change the sights.

sir matanong wat performance upgrade can a CASPIAN SLIDE give?? astig kasi eh kaso mahal..

Putok-Glock
10-26-2009, 23:24
sir matanong wat performance upgrade can a CASPIAN SLIDE give?? astig kasi eh kaso mahal..

imagined or real?

imagined: marami...

real:...:whistling:

DragonEye
10-27-2009, 08:27
I'd be curious to know if there is a case of a CASPIAN Glock slide that suffered breechface failure. If none, then that's one damn good reason for getting one.

saki1611
10-27-2009, 08:42
after some years w/ my 1911 custom Para, I plan to return to my Glock 35 for std div...reason? RELIABILTY, RELIABILTY, RELIABILTY, RELIABILTY, RELIABILTY...

and I take back my words...the 1911 is not the best mods for a glock! Think its the other way around?

i saw you shooting your G35 the last BOG's shooting anniv. ngayon may kasama ka na!:supergrin:

BTW, what recoil spring do you prefer for both carry and IPSC? 17lbs or 15lbs? thanks!

s0nny_g17
10-27-2009, 17:33
i think caspian slides are a bit lighter than a glock slide

Clusterbomb
10-29-2009, 01:11
If you'd be in my shoes, what Glock MODS would you first and foremost invest on and the least.

Please specify model and location where to buy if possible.

These mods are for a G23 and G17, budget 20K each.

Kung G23 or G17, wala siguro.

But what I have is a Glock21. And as with many G21 owners, the modification I wish for is a GRIP REDUCTION.

jasonub
10-29-2009, 01:47

If its not reliable something is wrong with your setup. my svi is reliable. it just jams when its time to replace the magazine spring.

I recently reamed the chamber a little and so far kahit buntis ang basyo or head, pasok.

Pag gun ban na ill have an aet barrel installed as my old barrel is getting old.

If your custom para is not working well, your gunsmith should be blamed. Lito, bengie, etc has custom paras too and their pistols have very tight tolerances and does not jam (well have not seen their pistols jam anyway)

change your smith unless you want to drop another page in your standings using your g34 hehehe joke lang:supergrin:

I agree the glock is a good carry and self defense pistol since its light. But i still carry an officers in 45. Used to carry a 92fs- too big. sig 226- too big, almost bought a g19 even though it was ugly, but got the usp 9 which is far better looking but caliber too small, usp 45, perfect but still big. now officers acp- a little heavy.

Maybe ill get a lightweight commander in the near future.:dunno: or an sti/svi shortdust in 40 or 45.

Clusterbomb
10-29-2009, 20:04
I agree the glock is a good carry and self defense pistol since its light. But i still carry an officers in 45. Used to carry a 92fs- too big. sig 226- too big, almost bought a g19 even though it was ugly, but got the usp 9 which is far better looking but caliber too small, usp 45, perfect but still big. now officers acp- a little heavy.

Yeah, everyone who wants to carry his gun on a daily basis will sooner or later face that "size efficiency" problem- how to balance size, caliber and capacity in one package. I chose the G21 precisely for that reason. Meets my needs perfectly although I never really carried it on a daily basis even when I had a PTCFOR before.

13+1 rnds of 45ACP in a gun slightly smaller & thinner than a 92F or P226 and lighter than an empty 1911 ain't so bad.

atmarcella
10-29-2009, 20:09
17lbs or 15lbs?

15! it works even w/ my corbons. but you got to use 4lb striker spring cos stock will unlock slide when firing and will cause kaboom even w/ aftermarket barrel.

cheers.

Putok-Glock
10-29-2009, 22:32
i saw you shooting your G35 the last BOG's shooting anniv. ngayon may kasama ka na!:supergrin:

BTW, what recoil spring do you prefer for both carry and IPSC? 17lbs or 15lbs? thanks!

In the BoG's shoot in 2006, I used an almost stock g35 w/ only a dawson FO front sight modification.

To date, after lots of experimentation w/ different recoil springs, Im back to stock 17 lb flat spring. I prefer its feel and timing. Also my sights are all black.

Btw bro,I dont carry except when going to the range...

Putok-Glock
10-29-2009, 23:15
If its not reliable something is wrong with your setup. my svi is reliable. it just jams when its time to replace the magazine spring.

If your custom para is not working well, your gunsmith should be blamed. Lito, bengie, etc has custom paras too and their pistols have very tight tolerances and does not jam (well have not seen their pistols jam anyway)

change your smith unless you want to drop another page in your standings using your g34 hehehe joke lang:supergrin:

Then better tell Lito P. to change 'smith too coz I saw him had a big jam in a match in Karingal months ago:supergrin:

And I dont believe a glock would result in a big drop in my standing in matches. In fact my experience is the opposite as shown here in 2nd TATA ROMYS cup in Karingal last Aug match results: I used my g35 here.

STANDARD -- Overall Match Results
% Points Competitor Cat Reg Cls Tag ICS
1 100.00 560.2933 61 RIVERA, EDWARD PHI
2 92.84 520.1571 92 BAUTO, JOJO PHI PNP
3 88.44 495.5508 39 YAP, BENHUR O PHI
10 76.87 430.6879 102 GINO, JUN PHI
11 76.51 428.6654 201 BALASABAS, ROLLY PHI PNP
12 76.06 426.1486 153 SEMILLANO, DAVE PHI
13 75.81 424.7398 95 PIBLE, LITO PHI
14 74.47 417.2628 14 SANTOS, RONALDO P

I hope you will bbelieve that my 3rd place finish above is just a fluke w/ a glock 35:wavey:

Previous to and after this match, Ive been using my custom 1911 in practice and matches. In disgust to the reliability issues w/ my 1911, I decided to use my G35 in the above match w/o much prior practice. Im not saying that one is better than the other to shoot. But I cannot shoot a gun that fails from time to time. Our sport is very unforgiving to that.

Allegra
10-29-2009, 23:47
Hindi naman gunsmith problema ni lito
Ang hilig kasi sa batang .....baril.... kaya nagjajajam heehee

P-G,
I think you shot well jan sa match BECAUSE of that glock, kasi hindi mo pinepressure sarili mo to do well. You just concentrated on what you needed to do ( shoot a diff gun ), instead of worrying about the result.
And ang result , you shot very well
Just a guess , since I dont know you of course
Sports psych is a hobby of mine :)

atmarcella
10-30-2009, 00:06
some info on springs, but its still up to the shooter to decide....

Recoil Springs
UPDATE:
We just received the new ISMI 11 pound recoil springs. These should eliminate or greatly reduce the need for cutting 13s. I have not done extensive testing yet but they should work great in the 9mm guns and the compacts.

Effects of a lighter spring:

Recoil is transferred to the shooter in a shorter duration of time because the slide is moving at a higher velocity. This is often perceived as less recoil and reduced muzzle flip.

With a lighter spring the shooter also has less force to counteract, or you don’t have to work as hard. This usually reduces muzzle flip.

Less force to counteract reduces the odds of producing a limp wrist style jam.

A lighter spring will result is reduced muzzle dip when the slide closes keeping sights steadier and on target for a faster follow-up shot.

Light springs are particularly helpful to smaller shooters like children, women or anyone else having trouble keeping their wrists locked.

Effects of a Heavier spring:

Recoil is transferred to the shooter over a longer duration of time due to lower slide velocities.

Slower slides equal a longer recovery time for the shooter.

The shooter does more work, as there is more force to counteract. This often causes and increase in muzzle flip.

The chances of a limp wrist style jam are increased, as there is more force working to unlock your wrists.

The chance of the slide short stroking and causing a feed jam is increased.

Increased muzzle dip when the slide closes for a slower follow-up shot.

Brass Ejection:
It does not matter how far away it lands or if it is in a neat pile. You are there to shoot not to pick up brass.

Frame Battering:
A non-issue for Glock pistols. It falls under the category of Internet Nonsense along with the idea that light springs cause kabooms and broken parts.

Spring Selection and Testing:
There is no magic weight that is perfect for all shooters, loads and guns. Each shooter must evaluate and test various weights to determine what is best for their application. I recommend testing spring weights using the Matt Burkett Timing Drills.

For rough tuning try different standard weights. For fine-tuning, take a spring slightly heavier than you prefer and trim it until it is just right, this is a trial and error process.

I use and recommend ISMI recoil springs for Glock pistols.

I do not recommend changing the springs or guiderod in the subcompact pistols. The doublespring rod system works fairly well and I have not found anything better on the market yet for those pistols.

For the midsize guns (19/23/32) the free length of the spring is too long and prevents the slide from fully cycling. Start by removing 5 coils and then check for full travel. Trim until the slide has full travel then check for proper lockup.

You can go too light:
The firing pin spring can overpower an old or too light recoil spring causing the slide to pull slightly out of battery as you pull the trigger resulting in a light primer strike. If you have off center light primer strike this is probably the cause.

Feeding jams. The slide can be so fast that the mag spring cannot keep up.

Testing Springs:
To test a new spring and get a realistic idea of what it will do we reccomend do a set of Matt Burkett Timing drills for each spring. This will help you determine the best one for you and your load. See the drills here

Recommend starting springs weights:

G17 13lb
G19 13lb
G20 15lb
G21 13lb
G22 15lb
G23 13-15lb
G24 13lb
G31 15lb
G32 13-15lb
G34 13lb
G35 15lb

See update above on new 11 lb springs.

Matt’s spring setups:

G34 Production 13lb minus 4 coils
G35 Limited 15lb minus 3 coils
G17 Open 13lb minus 5 coils
G19C Carry 13lb minus 6 coils

Buy ISMI Springs
Buy THE Guiderods
CGR Catalog main page

More Spring Resources.
Brian Enos Spring Forum

Back to Glock Tech
Copyright 2004 CGR.

jasonub
10-30-2009, 01:03
good shooting. now if your consistent with that then good for you.

lito and jun dropping that far may be due to numerous jams or penalties but i dont think so. More likey they did not shoot all the stages.

last time i got 75 percent is i did not shoot a 32 stage long course on a 5 stage match due to bad weather or damn long lines

88 percent is good, try to be the champion with at least 2 top shooters present and do it a few times, we will invite you to join lag psg :)

Putok-Glock
10-30-2009, 04:14
Hindi naman gunsmith problema ni lito
Ang hilig kasi sa batang .....baril.... kaya nagjajajam heehee

P-G,
I think you shot well jan sa match BECAUSE of that glock, kasi hindi mo pinepressure sarili mo to do well. You just concentrated on what you needed to do ( shoot a diff gun ), instead of worrying about the result.
And ang result , you shot very well
Just a guess , since I dont know you of course
Sports psych is a hobby of mine :)

And you are good in your hobby, sir. In my early days that would be true, but now I can shoot a match worrying less of the results. Ive learned that lesson thru lots of matches and range practice and believing that results has nothing to do w/ me as I shoot. I dont even practice now for an specific match as a goal. I practice for an specific skill to learn or develop. But I think another factor that worked for me in that match is that whenever I shoot a glock I never worry it would jam. So I usually shoot it w/ undevided attention.

Maybe Im just malas w/ a 1911. In bolo cup last year, w/ 3 stages left, My para's extractor broke in the middle of a long cof. W/o any spare, I did not finish the match. Again in bolo cup this year, I had 10 jams in 10 consecutive stages. In aa3 in Clark, I had 5 jams. But previous to these matches and afterwards, the pistol ran perfect. But it was my fault, no one else. I could have prevented those problems. Just dont know how...maybe w/ a glock?:cool:

But I havent given up on the 1911 yet. Mind you, my new custom STI .40 will be out next week. Wish me luck, sir!

Btw, I read a lot of your posts/threads here, and I can discern that you train/teach how to shoot this game. I agree on most of your posts, that goes to show how you work, and at times wish I can ask you to teach me but at 49 Im too old for that. So all I can do now is just sit here and appreciate your inputs...:wavey:

good shooting. now if your consistent with that then good for you.

lito and jun dropping that far may be due to numerous jams or penalties but i dont think so. More likey they did not shoot all the stages.

last time i got 75 percent is i did not shoot a 32 stage long course on a 5 stage match due to bad weather or damn long lines

88 percent is good, try to be the champion with at least 2 top shooters present and do it a few times, we will invite you to join lag psg :)

When I posted that results it was not my intention to show off who I had beaten. its why I erased the names immediadely following mine. It was just to disprove your joke that a glock would not do me good in match standings. As said above, I dont concern myself w/ match results whenever I shoot a match or practice. If I had done what I had planned in every stage in a match, I had already won the match inside me. If I placed high in the results, thats just bonus to me. But if I did place low, its me, not the jams, penalties or I did not shoot all the stages...gun performance and my performance is my responsibility. I dont blame anybody or anything.:whistling:

cheers...

btw, who is jun? Lito, i know him...

Allegra
10-30-2009, 07:42
P-G,
Di naman ako coach , mahilig lang ako makialam sa putok ng iba :)
I dont think I'm that good w/ my hobby kasi mental game naging problema namin last week sa austra
My kabrkada was shooting so well sa practice at pati sa level 1 , tinatalo mga oras ng standard w/c is amazing kasi she's a girl
Pagdating sa clark , i kept telling her relax, it's just another day sa office
Kaso she's very competetive , and she wanted to win
Ayun, when you want to win badly , you overreach
Instead of shooting the way she had been nung training at level1s , pinilit pang lampasan
So imbes na putok pang youtube , nag crash and burn sa dami ng penalties
But she's just new sa sport and it was a great learning experience

Funny thing is she shot a level 2 match the next day , muntik pang mag production champ

Paolo coelho explains it better in my sig :)

jasonub
10-30-2009, 09:14
number 10 is jun gino is a standard and production champion

jasonub
10-30-2009, 09:15
and the para power extractor is really a pos part that needs to be replaced as soon as you get it. it breaks and causes a lot of jams

good luck with your sti hope you gave it to a good smith

atmarcella
10-31-2009, 00:43
If I had done what I had planned in every stage in a match, I had already won the match inside me.

i like this very much. thank you. thank you very much. me gameplan na ako hehehe. thanks again no kidding. sa match kasi me plano ako, pero 9.9 out of 10 times hindi nasusunod. next match yung sinabi mo sir yan lang ang goal ko. thanks talaga.

Putok-Glock
11-01-2009, 18:33
number 10 is jun gino is a standard and production champion

WOW!...pag ang chamba ang nagtrabaho, mahirap talaga at marami and maaaksidente!

P-G,
Di naman ako coach , mahilig lang ako makialam sa putok ng iba :)
I dont think I'm that good w/ my hobby kasi mental game naging problema namin last week sa austra

You are just saying it in a different way:cool:

And mental game is everything...and Being young, one area of concern is making her believe and trust that the mental aspect is very important in her performance. If the belief and faith is there, 75% of the prob is solved. Just my .02

Putok-Glock
11-01-2009, 19:00
i like this very much. thank you. thank you very much. me gameplan na ako hehehe. thanks again no kidding. sa match kasi me plano ako, pero 9.9 out of 10 times hindi nasusunod. next match yung sinabi mo sir yan lang ang goal ko. thanks talaga.

welcome, sir...but let me explain as it could dissapoint you in a very short time:

Its more than just a game plan. It should be an attitude. Believe it in your heart. If it didnt work the 1st time dont lose heart. Do it again the nxt match.. and the next..and the next, until you got it. It took me a long time and lots of (trashed) matches to develop that attitude and belief (but Im a slow learner.) I even incorporated it in my dry/live practice. When an oncoming match kept occupying my mind , I try my best not to think about it when Im practicing, or else I would stop my practice session immediadely. Doing practice while thinking about the match wont help me learn what Im practicing, It only feeds my insecurities in such match. and thats bad mental prep.

I cant tell you or anybody how you do it due to individual differences. In time you will develop your very own formula that works on demand for you alone...hth

Btw, are you still w/ your glock? The last time I saw you shoot it, was 2-3 yrs ago doing good w/ it in sn Pablo lev 3 match.:wavey:

atmarcella
11-01-2009, 20:13
yup, im still shooting my glock, and so far its running very well. it took me some time to find the balance, but w/ some luck and help from above, i did. when i switched to a barsto barrel the reloads that i got would not feed well, i even went as far as to find the final option shop to have it reamed, but their reamer was also the same size as my chamber, damn headscratch!

then i read somewhere about the difference between taper crimp and roll crimp, that solved it, my bullets tend to look like 357sig though hehehe, but it works.

finding balance in the trigger was a headache also, go to light and reset was doubtful. then i also wanted it to light up any primer, w/c is a challenge if you're running a 4lb striker spring, especially cci white, nowadays i dont use anything but cci white, so i guess i solved that too.

now im in the stage of learning to shoot the gun.

maybe someday i can do 90% like you guys.... maybe not. its been fun though, that i can say for sure. and one thing about being a trailblazer/pioneer/living "my way", is i learned so many many things, which is fun also, in retrospect, but not fun while you're at it... finding that final option shop was a headache, having your gun jam on you 3x/stage is depressing, but you move forward. well i did anyway.

now im trying to learn how to shoot it.

im also smiling at the steyr m-a1 for production hehehehe. maybe she will smile back next gunshow hehehehehe.