sti, svi or sps [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : sti, svi or sps

s0nny_g17
02-11-2007, 13:01
which frame to use?
what are the pros and cons of the said frames?

jasonub
02-11-2007, 17:43
i have the svi, in my opinion its the most prestigeous. sps cant be sold in the usa due to patent infringement

Eye Cutter
02-11-2007, 18:34
ubos na yata stocks ng svi frames. dati jethro official distributor. if you can find a tru-blue, all-american one, yan gamitin mo.

otherwise, stick with sti or sps. the sps frames cost a little less than the sti's.

get the sti from our resident gunrunner, deenoh, or from armscor para sigurado "orig". the sps frames, get it from pb dionisio.

Putok-Glock
02-11-2007, 18:50
Mga sir, how about a para frame? and an SPS slide put on sale by pb dionosio last gun show? Are these quality products? Need your inputs for a 1911 newbie like me. Tia.

st. matthew
02-11-2007, 19:16
kuya bong sino gumagawa para mo, si jun t. ba?
o dapat may 1911 na nakasulat sa baba ng revolvers mo:supergrin:

Putok-Glock
02-11-2007, 19:35
Originally posted by st. matthew
kuya bong sino gumagawa para mo, si jun t. ba?
o dapat may 1911 na nakasulat sa baba ng revolvers mo:supergrin:

I got a Para PXT 16-40 Limited Sterling Finish. Installed a dawson fo front, dawson magwel, bo-mar rear tapos bull barreled and trigger tuned by boy t. the bull barrel is not the tapered type but the straight one. Yung dia. sa muzzle same all through out sa loob. Plano ko to have another one via different route, buy part by part then gunsmith na gagawa.

Pwede na idagdag sa baba ng mga revs, he he!

Kmusta ka jan st mat!

st. matthew
02-11-2007, 19:46
can't just have one huh:supergrin:
sabagay mas maganda pag may spare just in case.

ok lang po, holiday namin ngayon kaya eto wala magawa kundi tulog kain :supergrin:

9MX
02-11-2007, 20:25
Originally posted by Putok-Glock
Plano ko to have another one via different route, buy part by part then gunsmith na gagawa.

similar to my samscor project:thumbsup:

but your project might be more expensive if you use a para frame. what mco and i found out with our projects, the frames we bought have factory defects which were corrected by our respective smiths.

Putok-Glock
02-11-2007, 23:35
Originally posted by 9MX
similar to my samscor project:thumbsup:

but your project might be more expensive if you use a para frame. what mco and i found out with our projects, the frames we bought have factory defects which were corrected by our respective smiths.

Can you pls specify the probs you encountered w/ para frames? Its good to have your info bago ko marating ang pt of no return. Im more inclined to have a para for the 2nd toy so I can interchange them any time may prob yung isa w/o me adjusting too much to the other gun.

St. Matthew, dapat nga 3 1911s. Sabi ni Jeff Cooper, w/ a 1911 platform, one should have 3: 1 for present use, one in reserve, and 1 in the gunsmith undergoing repair.:shocked:

batangueno
02-11-2007, 23:43
PG, 9MX was referring to armscor frames.

I have a Para P16-40. The problem i encountered was the crack on the frame rail on top of the slide stop hole, this is typical on heavily uesed Paras. Although it's not really a problem since the pistol still worked properly. The advice that i got is to just cut off that portion of the frame rail. 2011 frames already cut off this portion originally.

To sonny, if you have the money then go for an STI. SV wala ka makukuha dito, baka ma-peke ka lang. SPS if you are on a budget.

Putok-Glock
02-11-2007, 23:50
Originally posted by batangueno
PG, 9MX was referring to armscor frames.

I have a Para P16-40. The problem i encountered was the crack on the frame rail on top of the slide stop hole, this is typical on heavily uesed Paras. Although it's not really a problem since the pistol still worked properly. The advice that i got is to just cut off that portion of the frame rail. 2011 frames already cut off this portion originally.

Thanks. Another concern of mine is the PXT extractor. How true na it causes the pistol to jam and easily breaks? And the old para extractor before the pxt also breaks easily?

Valor1
02-11-2007, 23:58
STI/SVi hindi masyado malayo ang quality from each other. May history rin kasi ang dalawang yan. STI is available with Weapon Systems/Armscor or True Weight.

SPS maganda naman ang quality if you can live with the brand. Alam mo naman sa Pinas grabe ang pagiging brand conscious. Exclusive distributor is P.B. Dionisio.

Both frames can be faked so buy from reputable sellers specifically the ones mentioned above.

Armscor is a better alternative to the Para. Price wise and quality wise. Para still has a hit and miss in their quality control.

The choice will now boil down to your budget. If sky is the limit, STI/SVI or SPS is good. If limited ang budget, Armscor na lang.

batangueno
02-12-2007, 00:13
Thanks. Another concern of mine is the PXT extractor. How true na it causes the pistol to jam and easily breaks? And the old para extractor before the pxt also breaks easily?
Si Saki PXT yung Para, wala naman sya problema. Your only problem would be finding a PXT extractor replacement if it does break. The original extractor on my Para did not break but lost its tension, dahil na rin sa wear and tear. Matagal rin sya nagamit.

Putok-Glock
02-12-2007, 00:37
Si Saki PXT yung Para, wala naman sya problema. Your only problem would be finding a PXT extractor replacement if it does break. The original extractor on my Para did not break but lost its tension, dahil na rin sa wear and tear. Matagal rin sya nagamit.

Thanks, it really helps.

st. matthew
02-12-2007, 03:34

St. Matthew, dapat nga 3 1911s. Sabi ni Jeff Cooper, w/ a 1911 platform, one should have 3: 1 for present use, one in reserve, and 1 in the gunsmith undergoing repair.:shocked:

hehehe di mas ok:thumbsup:

1 x 2011 in long dust cover
1 x 2011 in short dust cover
1 x single stack

.40 cal lahat;)

sana marinig ako ni fairy godmother:supergrin:

Eye Cutter
02-12-2007, 04:56
the bull barrel is not the tapered type but the straight one. Yung dia. sa muzzle same all through out sa loob.

kuya P-G: umuupo pa ba yung barrel pag nag recoil? a problem with this is it practically made your 1911 into a fixed barrel design! the 1911 is a tilting barrel. super accurate nga pero baka mag-shear off or mapuputol ang barrel lugs mo!

wala naman problema ParaOrd frames for me, except for the PXT extractor, pero pwede raw gawan ng sleeve for fitting a typical extractor

st. matthew
02-12-2007, 05:20
Originally posted by s0nny_g17
which frame to use?
what are the pros and cons of the said frames?

sonny, mag-sti ka na lang, pm mo kaaagad si deenoh, baka meron pa siyang stock, kuha ka na rin slide sa kanya:tempted:
sabi ko na sa yo eh, magbabakal ka rin:supergrin:

s0nny_g17
02-12-2007, 18:53
plastic pa rin ako ngaun st matthew, the project is for my brother

how much kaya ngaun frames like sti or sps or svi?

st. matthew
02-12-2007, 22:06
may plastic part din s_i :supergrin:
uhuu brother daw :tongueout:

last time i've heard it was 30k, pm mo si deenoh para bigyan ka ng latest price.
goodluck!!

s0nny_g17
02-13-2007, 04:25
sa brother ko talaga un ako lang ang bibili, magpapagawa and syiempre gagamitin ko rin
hehehe:supergrin:

elcapitan
02-13-2007, 07:55
SV is the way to go :)

s0nny_g17
02-13-2007, 16:49
Originally posted by elcapitan
SV is the way to go :)

SVI nga sir sana kaso wala na ata nakukunan nun dito sa pinas

Putok-Glock
02-13-2007, 21:54
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
kuya P-G: umuupo pa ba yung barrel pag nag recoil? a problem with this is it practically made your 1911 into a fixed barrel design! the 1911 is a tilting barrel. super accurate nga pero baka mag-shear off or mapuputol ang barrel lugs mo!

wala naman problema ParaOrd frames for me, except for the PXT extractor, pero pwede raw gawan ng sleeve for fitting a typical extractor

Yes, nagtitilt pa din pero konting konti lang. Just enough to clear from the lugs. Ang ginawa ni boy t. nagbawas sya sa loob ng slide forward of the locking lugs. Everytime I clean the gun, w/c I do after every range session, I carefully inspect the barrel, slide and frame for any untoward contact or wear marks pero so far wala akong makita and Ive shot about 2t rounds already since it was bull barreled. I noticed the lockup is rock-solid. Kahit disassembled and I just place the barrel sa slide in a locked position w/o the g.rod and rec. spring, walang clearance left or right, fore or aft. Really a classic boy t. quality work.

Btw, ano prob sa PXT extractor mo?

Eye Cutter
02-13-2007, 23:37
P-G: the pxt loses tension easily. meron din yatang problem with the claw design. i think you can have your smith make a sleeve so that a regular extractor or aftec fits.

Putok-Glock
02-14-2007, 08:55
E-C, between a reg extractor and aftec mas pabor ako sa aftec. Pero di ba ang aftec pang series 70 lang? Kung ok ito sa s80 like para, can you coach me the idea how its done so I can forward it to my 'mith? Tia.

batangueno
02-14-2007, 09:01
PG, just convert your Para to S70 like mine so that you can also use an Aftec. :)

bulm540
02-14-2007, 09:03
E-C, between a reg extractor and aftec mas pabor ako sa aftec. Pero di ba ang aftec pang series 70 lang? Kung ok ito sa s80 like para, can you coach me the idea how its done so I can forward it to my 'mith? Tia.
Take the series 80 parts out. There are spacers you can buy to fill the void in your frame.

Putok-Glock
02-14-2007, 09:25
guys, you mean the extractor tunnel of my pxt slide has the same specs as that in s70? Alisin lang FP safety, ok na? Think its not that simple.

Sencia na po sa makulit na newbie. Desidido lang matuto.

mtho
02-14-2007, 09:32
i think what the meant but converting your series 80 to series 70 is by removing the the FP safety parts, you could buy spacers to fill the voids or leave it alone. yung PXT extractor naman maybe you could fabricate a sleeve to usse a standard sized extractor.

by the way dawson precision also have their own variety of firing pinstop with different angle of bevels for you to choose

Putok-Glock
02-14-2007, 09:38
PG, just convert your Para to S70 like mine so that you can also use an Aftec. :)

Pano po nyo nagawa yun?

deenoh
02-14-2007, 18:00
Sonny, just in case you're interested in the 2011 Long Dust frames, we have around 30 pieces coming in by March. At the moment kasi out of stock na siya.

elcapitan
02-15-2007, 08:52
how much sir ang long dust cover na sti?