Glock Owners QUERY [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock Owners QUERY

charlie-xray
02-12-2007, 00:59
Query:

Any Glock owners here who has more than 1K thru it experienced this or have this now.

The color black finish is removed in the firing pin area (surrounding area) eto yung part na palaging tumatama sa primer or butt ng ammo. Yung color black finish lang naman niya ang nawala na is this NORMAL?

Thanks.

batangueno
02-12-2007, 01:03
Was it black when it was new? Never noticed that the breechface was black when my G17 was new. Kasi ngayon walang color and it's working fine. :)

9MX
02-12-2007, 01:40
yup. wala din color ang breechface ko

cebuboy
02-12-2007, 02:47
mine too, also the sides of the slide near the muzzle has wear marks too. its just normar wear:)

Valor1
02-12-2007, 03:19
Fake yang Glock mo! Iyan yung gawa sa malabon made of steel from reconditioned ships. ang plastic parts nyan made from tupperware.

Kidding aside, there really was never a color in the breechface area. kahit meron man, the phosphate type black finish will definitely wear out. kahit sa mga hard chrome pistols, normal yang ganyang marks.

I have a friend who asked his gunsmith to remove the black finish of his glock 19. ok naman ang itsura. hindi rin kinalawang. later on he had it black chromed. ang ganda ng itsura.

asian_glockster
02-12-2007, 03:39
your glock is just fine. just make sure that you use snapcaps while dry firing..

charlie-xray
02-12-2007, 03:47
Thanks guys, medyo paranoid lang kasi naalala ko bakit yun lang ang walang kulay.

zorkd
02-12-2007, 10:15
the black finish on the outer part of the slide, and also the inside part (including the breechface) is NOT the tennifer and you can even probly sandpaper it off and the slide is still rustproof. tennifer is not really a finish but rather a different metal treatment. the tennifer minus the black coating leaves a dull gray look.

and oh yeah, breechface on my glock is clean of whatever finish it had when it came out of the factory, and it;'s smooth even with the marks from the case heads.

revo
02-12-2007, 12:30
There is no need to use snap caps on Glocks.

Period.

The design allows dry firing without harm to the firing pin.

If you do, it's only for your mental peace.

Alamat
02-12-2007, 18:51
hi... same, here, hindi ko rin napansin yun, and mine's working fine...

asian_glockster
02-12-2007, 20:48
Sir, regarding snapcaps, the firing pin would'nt be damaged, what I'm concerned with is the breechface. I've experienced breechface failures on my glock 19 TWICE. The first one was replaced by glock (after waiting for almost a year) and the second one I have purchased it from an outside source. If it's coincidence then I must be a lucky guy..:)

Even today, my glock 19 is still my carry gun (I prefer it over my 1911), but the only time that I dry fire it without using a snapcap is that when the range officer commands me to unload, show clear and HAMMER Down....

isuzu
02-12-2007, 21:32
That's the color of tenifer on the breechface. The breechface is usuzally polished to aid in reliability.

charlie-xray
02-13-2007, 00:44
Thanks Gents, surely got a load of info and peace of mind.

kobe24888
02-13-2007, 06:33
OT.

Paano pa-adjust ng trigger pull ng Glock?

Ano kailangan parts and gunsmithing? How much?

Alexii
02-13-2007, 06:48
Originally posted by kobe24888
Paano pa-adjust ng trigger pull ng Glock? Ano kailangan parts and gunsmithing? How much?

To lighten the pull, use a 3.5 connector (the one with the minus "-" sign). Polish all the contact areas with successive grits of sand paper; from coarse (600) to fine (1000-1200). Then use polishing compound and using cotton swabs, polish and buff to a mirror finish.

It's easier than it sounds, really.

For the Glock 3.5 connector, try any Final Option or Twin Pines branch. For info in disassembling the Glock, try www.topglock.com

charlie-xray
02-13-2007, 07:22
pre, ginamitan mo na ba ng LEAD yang G23 mo? Ano nangyari? any good or bad feedback, how about cleaning the barrel, marami ba kaagad lead-fouling or residue?

Nagkaroon ka na bg jams? Ako FTF after 250th round from #1 to #250 ok pero dahil pa sa ammo madumi hindi ko napansin. After that #252 to #300 wala nang problema.

TTPower
02-13-2007, 08:20
Originally posted by asian_glockster
Sir, regarding snapcaps, the firing pin would'nt be damaged, what I'm concerned with is the breechface. I've experienced breechface failures on my glock 19 TWICE. The first one was replaced by glock (after waiting for almost a year) and the second one I have purchased it from an outside source. If it's coincidence then I must be a lucky guy..:)

Even today, my glock 19 is still my carry gun (I prefer it over my 1911), but the only time that I dry fire it without using a snapcap is that when the range officer commands me to unload, show clear and HAMMER Down....

i 2nd that!:thumbsup: