View Full Version : Illinois AWB introduced today...
This is going to be bad. This basically bans everything. You must register your guns with the ISP and prove to them that you purchased them before the ban went into effect.
I was wondering when this would creep back up. It would be funny if it got stuck back in commitee again.:rofl:
I wish. But you and I must prepare for the worst.
If it keeps the support that it had last year it should pass with little resistance.:sad:
Your a member of Icarry.org right?
I was one of the early members. Sean kind of turned me off with his 911 conspiracy stuff. I have not visited the site since right after his arrest.
Well he is leaving. He may have some outside views but you have to agree he believes in the 2nd Amendment and is willing to put his butt on the line.
I just posted a thread about him leaving for New Hampshire.
Looks like face to face handgun sales between individuals may be banned also.
This is not law yet...is it???????
If not when is this set to go for a vote??
here is what i got from ISRA dosen't look good.
URGENT ALERT – ILLINOIS ONE STEP CLOSER TO GUN BAN
Freedom-loving Illinois citizens were dealt a serious blow today when Senate Bill 16 – the Daley plan to ban and confiscate your semiautomatic rifles and shotguns – passed out of the Senate Public Health Committee. The bill now goes to the full Senate for what promises to be a furious floor fight.
YOUR IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE IS NEEDED IN THE BATTLE TO SAVE YOUR GUNS – PLEASE DO EACH OF THE FOLLOWING THINGS:
1. Call Senate President Emil Jonesâ€™ office at (217) 782-2728 and tell the person that answers that you are a law-abiding gun owner and you do not appreciate Senator Jones treating you like a criminal. (Jones is the original sponsor of SB16).
2. Call your State Senator and POLITELY tell him or her that you oppose SB16 and you would like them to vote against SB16 when it reaches the senate floor. If you do not know who your senator is, then call (217) 782-2000 and ask the switchboard to connect you with your senator. Or go on the Internet to: www.ilga.gov and use the â€śLegislator Lookupâ€ť feature in the lower right hand corner to identify your senator and get their phone number.
3. Call State Senator Antonio Munoz, the sponsor of SB16â€™s most recent amendment, at: (217) 782-9415 and tell the person who answers that you are a law-abiding gun owner and that you do not appreciate Senator Munoz treating you like a criminal. Then call Munozâ€™s district office at (773) 869-9050 and tell the person there the same thing.
4. In a tactic as bad as the Soviet Union, Committee Chairman Susan Garrett denied gun owners the opportunity to testify against SB16 in senate hearings on the bill today. In effect, YOUR VOICE WAS SILENCED by Sen. Garrett. Of course, Daleyâ€™s Gun Grabbers were allowed to testify. So, it is important that you call Sen. Garrettâ€™s office at (217) 782-3650, and remind the person who answers the phone that this is still the United States of America and that you are angry that Sen. Garrett denied your fellow citizens the right to be heard. Also, call Garrettâ€™s district office at (847) 433-2002 and tell the person there the same thing.
5. Pass this alert along to all your gun owning friends. Tell them to make the same phone calls.
6. Post this alert to any and all Internet bulletin boards to which you belong.
7. If you are not a member of the ISRA, or you have gun owning friends who are not members of the ISRA, then go to www.isra.org and join today.
THIS MAY BE YOUR LAST CHANCE TO SAVE YOUR GUNS
Called my Senators house and talked to one of her boys. As expected his mother was opposed to this and he referred me to WGB information from the ISRA.
Here goes the diversion.
What a surprise :upeyes:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.