Thoughts on the sad state of the food network!!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the sad state of the food network!!!!

lethal tupperwa
02-13-2007, 07:43
http://blog.ruhlman.com/2007/02/guest_blogging_.html

Mild Bill
02-13-2007, 19:45
Excellent job posting that!

:beer:

Jack T.
02-13-2007, 19:52
Alton Brown is the man.

Bobby Flay? I'd like to see somebody hit him right square in the nose.

Michael Dean
02-16-2007, 15:03
Interesting blog......

Alton Brown does a good job in explaining the "science of cooking", but his comedy wears a bit thin on me.

I really like Bobby's "Boy Meets Grill" show. I cook on the grill at least once every week, and have gotten some good ideas and recipies from him.

Remander
02-18-2007, 00:42
Thanks for the link. I love Tony and his show on the Travel Channel.

He is right on about Food Network. I used to watch it a lot, but it is getting lame.

Here is a good sample of Tony's biting prose:

SANDRA LEE: Pure evil. This frightening Hell Spawn of Kathie Lee and Betty Crocker seems on a mission to kill her fans, one meal at a time. She Must Be Stopped. Her death-dealing can-opening ways will cut a swath of destruction through the world if not contained.

The Pontificator
02-18-2007, 15:20
Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations" is being shown all day on The Travel Channel on Monday, President's Day.

Unfortunately, I gotta work, and then I gotta be on the road at 4:30am the following morning. :sad:

wallyglock
02-20-2007, 06:09
does a pretty decent job overall.

some real hot women on there also...!!

if a person does not want to watch it, they are not forced too !!

the wife is about ready to make some protein bars alton brown showed how to make a few days ago.

and also the barefoot contessa fixes some fantastic dishes.

wallyglock
02-20-2007, 06:12
does a pretty decent job overall. some hot women on there also !!

the wife is about ready to make some protein bars alton brown showed a few days ago.

also the barefoot contessa does a great job with some fantastic dishes she preparea.

Blitzer
02-20-2007, 07:43
Sandra Lee has two things going for her, :supergrin: :tempted: :eric:

Singlemalt
02-20-2007, 12:21
Long as Giada is around I am happy....:banana: :banana:

XD40FAN
02-20-2007, 23:52
Bourdain is pure genious.

However, maybe he shouldn't be knocking the network that made him famous outside of foodie (I despise that term) circles. Highly trained, talented, and smart - but kind of becoming an elitest in my opinion.

For all its short-commings, Food Network is still the best thing on about 95% of the time.

I would like to see more of Iron Chef America, Dinner Impossible, Top Chef (I know, not a FN show), and shows like it. Really good stuff there.

My ultimate ICA battle(s)?

Bourdain vs Thomas Keller

or

Bourdain vs Todd English

or

Bourdain vs Rick Bayless

I would be REALLY interested in the results of these battles! :supergrin:

lethal tupperwa
02-21-2007, 09:19
Diana Kennedy vs Rick Bayless.

Tennessee Slim
02-21-2007, 16:43
Nigella Lawson could save ABC, NBC and CBS ...all by her little ol' double-D cup self.

Remander
02-24-2007, 01:06
I like Alton, but he said on his Cajun/Creole show that some folks in Louisiana like to use Boudin as the sausage in gumbo.

Puuhhhlease!

Louisiana Boudin may look like sausage, but it is a pork/rice/seasoning product stuffed in a sausage casing. It's more like dirty rice than smoked sausage. I don't know anyone who has ever tried to use boudin in gumbo.

Boudin is GREAT, but it would fall all to pieces in gumbo.

Just steam it or heat it up (many folks then take it out of the casing), and enjoy with some crackers or wrapped in bread.

If you have made gumbo with Louisiana boudin, please tell me about it.It would be a new one on me and everyone I have mentioned this to (all of whom laughed at the thought). But you never know what Louisiana folks will do with food.

http://www.boudinlink.com/Billys/Billysboudin.jpg