Weight Loss [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Weight Loss

Allegra
02-13-2007, 08:25
Had a conversation w/ an expert kanina who told me bangkok pills are the only things that worked for her. Which begs the question," why is her ***** still so big?" Rebound??

I've tried a lot of diets, tey all worked but they left me too weak , looked like a scarecrow or ate up muscle or gave me high cholsterol

What finally worked - 200 to 180lbs w/ 14% body fat in 3 months was this ( my target is 180lbs w/ 7% body fat , kaso nandito na krispy kreme )

Exercise -
I find the best for weight loss for me is running
Contrary to what most think , running is fun and addicting which is why marathons attract as much as 30,ooo runners in a single race
Pero do your research muna baka you get injured
Nga pala , if you exercise , your weight may actually increase besause musles are heavy. Check your body measurements nalang

Diet -
Remember when we were kids , wala pang mga doritos/powdered juice drinks sa sa supermarket?
Merienda was sinkamas or fresh fruit , juice was calamansi
Time to go back to all natural
Bawal processed food , the only things you eat should come from the ground. If you cant wash it , dont eat it
Huge amounts of green veggiess, legumes, nuts ,fruits , fish and lean meat.There's no need to starve yourself
And yes , Krispy Kreme is a legume hehe
Very little or no white rice, sugar or bread
You'll be surprised , mawawala madami sakit if you take out all the chemicals and preservatives in our diet

Finally -
Herbalife Shakes and Protein Powder -
It's the Trantados Triathlon Club's secret weapon and it's slowly being accepted by the local triathlon market
I may be biased coz I'm selling it , but honestly , there's a reason why my kids and I are consuming 1.6kg of that stuff a month
Take all the good stuff found in foods from the best ingredients and the rsult is high octane fuel for the body
It's almost the only thing I'm eating right now because the triathlon nationals is this weekend ( malamang kulelat pa rin )
I drink it for energy and weight loss
My kids drink it for their athsma or for weight gain
A cousin of mine drinks it to lower her blood pressure blah blah blah
I could go on and on....

Anyway ,does these sound difficult?
I have a high tolerance sa pain and discomfort so sakin madali lang
But a lot of people do
A lot of people tell me they really want to lose weight kaso ang sarap daw kumain and nakakatamad mag exercise.....I just change the topic at umiinit lang ulo ko
You still wanna lose weight? Seriously?

:)

Eye Cutter
02-13-2007, 09:45
i've been playing tennis, singles game ha, not doubles!, for the past year and a half already. kaya nga ang itim-itim ko na! from hingal na hingal na hindi pa tapos 1 game to 2-3 singles game a day na pukpukan, kaya ko na. great way to improve your stamina!

from 195-198 lbs. i'm down to 182-185 lbs. nag plateau na weight ko dun. ayaw na bumaba timbang ko but lumiit naman tiyan. malaki pa rin hita and pata! hahaha! kaso may tennis elbow na ako ngayon! huhuhu! ang sakit!

:banana:

so, go out and exercise! :thumbsup:

Allegra
02-13-2007, 09:59
alter ang diet doc , get fresh natural food
I used to train 2 hours a day , laki pa rin ng tyan ko relative to the other parts :)
Ngayon , 1 hour a day training lang , halos wala na tyan
Wag lang mapadaan sa fort hehe

Eye Cutter
02-13-2007, 10:03
talaga! bwiset talaga krispy kreme! kayang kayang ubusin yung 1 box in 1 sitting, 100% pure sugar! pero sarpa talaga! hahaha! bukas laro ulet!

9MX
02-13-2007, 10:25
from self observation:

i exercised regularly, but didn't bother to diet. result, i developed a beer belly eh hindi naman ako beer drinker. for about three weeks now, after 6 ang drama ko. after 6...no rice...seems to be working for me.

grabe, sarap ng yoshinoya beef bowl pag lunch...:eat:

ilocano
02-13-2007, 10:52
The more i get weight conscious and do something about it(diet and exercise), the more i gain weight. Conversely, if i just let it be- i loose weight. what could be wrong?

'guess my metab is screwed..

revo
02-13-2007, 15:58
Krispy kreme = archenemy of weight loss.

Remember that.

Poodle
02-13-2007, 20:17
Dito na pala tayo lumipat.

I am 46 years old. I weighed 150 pounds as of last week. Down from 155 before Christmas. My height is 5'6" and am of medium build. I've scaled down my food intake but there are times when I eat more than I should have (work related for priests since we get invited to numerous parties and feasts). And yes, I drink wine almost everyday though in small amounts (again work related - in the Mass). My blood sugar is at the 95 to 100 range. My cholesterol level was elevated before but I'm taking Lipitor now so it's normal. As of last October, the executive check up - specifically the ECG and the treadmill tests showed no abnormalities in the heart. Blood pressure is at the 110/70 and 120/80 range. The abdominal sonogram (ultrasound?) tends to indicate that I have fatty liver (I don't want to undergo a liver biopsy because I've seen one done and it involves stabbing at my liver with a big syringe - like an ice pick - without the benefit of anasthesia) and I've taken Silimarine Capsules for 4 months. I do exercises on the treadmill on a regular basis which means alomost everyday if I am not out of town. I walk a minimum of 3 km a day. Right now I'm shooting at 140 pounds though that figure is not based on anything scientific. Yes Sir, I am serious about losing weight.

Saan nga pala makakabili ng Herbalife Shakes and Protein Powder?

charlie-xray
02-13-2007, 23:29
Ako yata ang hopeless sa losing weight, tried Xenical made everything in the morning oily, tried Reductil wala pa rin nasasabay gabi-gabi ang dinner meetings with the executives napapa-kain pa rin sarap yata ng hotel food.

Lumaki lang lalo ng tumigil ako with my Tennis and Table Tennis dati nasa mga 70-75kg grouping lang ako considering my height of 5'4" lang.

Then natigil for a year now at ngayon ang sports ko is mag-lurk at mangulit sa glocktalk kaya eto may tiyan na naman hehe.

dinggaling
02-13-2007, 23:50
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
talaga! bwiset talaga krispy kreme! kayang kayang ubusin yung 1 box in 1 sitting, 100% pure sugar! pero sarpa talaga! hahaha! bukas laro ulet!

tama ka doc,laro ulit! i play tennis too and cut my weight from 182lbs to 155 now. nawala din beer belly. you have top cut your rice (carbo) intake though especially during dinner time since our body will be at rest and this is where fat is produced when we sleep! :wavey:

bass one
02-14-2007, 02:11
I'm 5'8" and my weight varies from 80~88kg. Once weighed 95kg but then I went biking twice a week to and from the office (naliligo ako ha! We have a shower in the office 'coz I work in a construction site hehehe.) I dropped to 80kg because of that. Still do it pag nagigising ng maaga.
I tried tennis pero I stopped kasi masyadong explosive para sa akin - I already had an ACL and miniscus operation in the mid 90's due to basketball kaya iwas sa explosive games. Now I'm more into golf para relaxed, but I carry my bag pag walking course para dagdag exercise.

Allegra
02-14-2007, 08:35
Originally posted by dinggaling
tama ka doc,laro ulit! i play tennis too and cut my weight from 182lbs to 155 now. nawala din beer belly. you have top cut your rice (carbo) intake though especially during dinner time since our body will be at rest and this is where fat is produced when we sleep! :wavey:

You just cant cut carbo off your diet
I tried that , didnt eat rice or bread for a year
Mamayat ka talaga but you get weak , madali magkasakit plus my cholesterol level shot up
Get your carbs from veggies , fruits etc basta all natural
I eat enough para sa 2 kabayo
Liliit tyan nyo w/ out weakness or getting hungry

Allegra
02-14-2007, 08:40
Originally posted by revo
Krispy kreme = archenemy of weight loss.

Remember that.

a box of krispy kreme = 10k run

which was why I got addicted to donuts
There' a gonuts store malapit sa start ng New Balance race :)

Allegra
02-14-2007, 08:54
Originally posted by Poodle
Dito na pala tayo lumipat.

I am 46 years old. I weighed 150 pounds as of last week. Down from 155 before Christmas. My height is 5'6" and am of medium build. I've scaled down my food intake but there are times when I eat more than I should have (work related for priests since we get invited to numerous parties and feasts). And yes, I drink wine almost everyday though in small amounts (again work related - in the Mass). My blood sugar is at the 95 to 100 range. My cholesterol level was elevated before but I'm taking Lipitor now so it's normal. As of last October, the executive check up - specifically the ECG and the treadmill tests showed no abnormalities in the heart. Blood pressure is at the 110/70 and 120/80 range. The abdominal sonogram (ultrasound?) tends to indicate that I have fatty liver (I don't want to undergo a liver biopsy because I've seen one done and it involves stabbing at my liver with a big syringe - like an ice pick - without the benefit of anasthesia) and I've taken Silimarine Capsules for 4 months. I do exercises on the treadmill on a regular basis which means alomost everyday if I am not out of town. I walk a minimum of 3 km a day. Right now I'm shooting at 140 pounds though that figure is not based on anything scientific. Yes Sir, I am serious about losing weight.

Saan nga pala makakabili ng Herbalife Shakes and Protein Powder?

pm sent Father

Allegra
02-14-2007, 10:13
From Chirunning.com ( my fave running site )

Cardio Workouts to Build a Healthy Heart
The following workouts are specifically devoted to making your heart stronger. For that reason, we suggest that you consult your health care practitioner before embarking on these or any cardiovascular workout. Remember, the best way to build a muscle is by alternating periods of work and rest. This is called interval training and there are about as many ways to do an interval workout as there are runners and walkers. When you alternately increase and decrease your heart rate, it strengthens your heart muscle in much the same way that lifting weights with your arms builds strong arm muscles. In time, you gradually grow stronger, and the slow progression means it feels relatively easy to do.

ChiWalking Workout for your Heart
Purpose: Strengthen your heart
Target Heart Rate Range: 70% - 80% MHR (Maximum Heart Rate)
Cadence: 70-80 spm, alternate fast/easy paces

Start your walk with an easy 10-minute warm up walk; your cadence should be about 60 spm. Once you feel loose and warmed up, you’ll be starting your intervals. Walk at a very brisk pace for 1 minute, then rest at a mellow pace (60spm) for 1 minute. Alternate between a minute of fast walking and a minute of slow walking for 10 to 15 minutes, then drop back down to an easy pace to finish the last 10 minutes of your walk. If that is too many intervals for you, don't worry. Just do as many as your body feels it can safely do, and then cool down.

Your work interval should be at least 70spm (counting only one leg), with your metronome set at 70 to 80 bpm. Your rest interval should be at a comfortable 60-65 spm. This walk should be done once a week and, if you do it right, it will leave you pleasantly fatigued and invigorated. You’ll know you worked out! For more details on the Cardio Walk, see page 103 in our ChiWalking book.

ChiRunning Workout for your Heart
Here's a great cardio workout to get your heart strong and vibrant and improve your running on many levels.

Be sure you begin your run with a nice easy warm-up. Ten minutes is a good amount for most people. When you're finished with your warm-up, either start your stop watch or, if you have a count-down timer on your watch, set it to beep every minute. You'll be alternating between running at race pace for one minute and running at a comfortable easy pace for one minute for as many "intervals" as your body can comfortably handle…usually six to twelve intervals is plenty depending on your conditioning level.

Here are a couple of tips to make this workout work better for you:

Treat your early intervals as an extended warm-up and don't run as fast as you can. This allows your body to increase in stretch and looseness with each progressive interval and you won't run the risk of overworking your muscles.

Each interval should be slightly faster than the previous one, but not significantly faster. Your first interval will be your slowest and your last interval should be your fastest. If you do it right, you should feel very little difference in effort level between your first and last intervals. That's what you're shooting for.

Don't increase your speed by trying to run faster. Do it by using the focuses it takes to run faster: lean more, relax your hips and let your pelvis rotate more, swing your arms more, and bend your knees more.
Do this workout once a week and increase by one interval each week until you get up to 12. It'll make all the difference in the world in the rest of your running and it's a great way to get your heart stronger.

Begin your fitness career by becoming part of the ChiLiving Team, and teach ChiWalking to others!

Phone (828) 252-9828 • Toll Free 1-866-327-7867 • Fax (828) 252-9829
© 2007 ChiLiving, Inc.• 530 Merrimon Avenue, Suite A • Asheville, NC 28804

Poodle
02-14-2007, 19:47
Originally posted by Allegra
pm sent Father

Thanks Sir.Will check PM.

ppts799
11-04-2009, 07:20
NOVEMBER 2009 Men's Health Phils. Magazine :) :) :) page 38 :)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b246/ppts799/nov2009cover.jpg

this is sparta!

kristiansen
11-04-2009, 07:34
NOVEMBER 2009 Men's Health Phils. Magazine :) :) :) page 38 :)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b246/ppts799/nov2009cover.jpg

this is sparta!

wow sexy!!! autograph koya!

ppts799
11-04-2009, 07:39
eric : i also got to finish my first 42.195Km marathon na last October 18 :) with a 4:56 time :) im a happy puppy

... and just gained 3 pounds. hehehe!

PMMA97
11-04-2009, 13:38
Akala ko kamote lang.

Masubukan nga yung Herbalife na yan.

Eye Cutter
11-04-2009, 17:01
idol kita P! blow out! blow out!

bisoy
11-04-2009, 17:36
mukhang may ma contribute ako dito from my experience.....

my sgpt was abnormally high last year (oct 2008) at 170. maximum dapat nasa 50-55 lang. i consulted an internist and he had me drink some meds for it. normally, alcohol is to blame here so i almost had zero intake last dec 2008. when i had another lab test last jan 09, it shot up even higher to 230!

i must admit medyo nataranta na ako dito and sought the help of a gastro doctor. im 35 yrs old, medium built, 5'7" and weighed 180lbs then. the doc told me that sgpt meds are all BS. what will make my sgpt go down is just diet and exercise. he also doesn't believe in herbal stuff. i started my diet right away without any question. i havent visited a nutritionist but this is how i lost weight.....

i noticed that rice and beer makes me bloat/fat. so what i did was.... i had ZERO alcohol intake. i am a rice eater. i consume around 4-5cups per meal including breakfast. i work 12hrs a day kaya i need food to energize my body. hindi rin derecho tulog ko coz we had a toddler then sleeping with us.

i cut dwon my rice to strictly 1 cup for lunch and another cup for dinner. as for my breakfast, i had oatmeal with milo para parang champorado and a glass of full cream milk. i had ZERO pork and beef also. i ate all the chicken and veggies that i wanted.

i also found out that sweets/desserts won't make me get fat so i always have a couple of bars of chocolates after meal para mabusog lang ako. i drank about a liter of water per meal plus another 2 liters inbetween meals.

first 2 weeks was hell. buong mundo ko umiikot coz binigla ko ang diet ko. well, i was desperate..... here were the nos....

i lost 14lbs in 30 days. the doctor was shocked when he saw me. he said i could lose more weight if i skip the milo and full cream milk. dahan dahan ko pa daw bawasan rice ko til im down to half cup or zero rice. i told the doc na mag exercise nalang ako. i feel na malaking sakripisyo na yan and depriving myself more would mean i wont be happy na.

so after a month of that diet, i started to do the treadmill. i am not athletic so i started with jog/brisk walking for 10mins lang muna and slowly build up my endurance. it was hell in the gym. nakakbato but i had to do it. jogging outdoors may be a better option but hindi ko kaya ng matagal. since i needed an aerobic exercise, i opted for the treadmill coz belt assisted sya so easier to jog and i can jog longer. there was a time i can run for an hour na (at 30 mins interval).

i lost another 5 lbs in 2 months doing the treadmill. i also tried lifting weights pero hindi pampalaki kundi conditioning lang. i was carrying not so heavy weights and did a lot of reps (around 20). i was thinnest last may at 160-161 lbs. my target was 155lbs pero ang hirap. i had an 11-day vacation last june which i gained 8 lbs coz i rewarded myself with food and beer. i lost the 5 lbs in 3 months pero yung balance na 3 lbs eh andyan pa rin sa katawan ko.

now, i eat anything (pork and beef included). i even tried having steak (with all the fats) 3x in a week and checked my sgpt. my sgpt is now normal at 37. i still try to limit my rice to 1 cup though sometimes may mga cheat days ako. i don't go to the gym that often na rin coz of my work schedule but i promised to hit the gym at least once a week man lang and vowed to return the moment my schedule permits me.

totoo na manglalata ka talaga and what i did was to take ginseng supplements. i believe in herbal stuff so i take this herbal capsule with ginseng. i also drink a shot of this herbal wine with ginseng everyday. it has proven to be effective coz longer ang araw ko. i also took milk thistle para sa sgpt ko.

i hope my experience was of help to u guys.

to sum up everything that i said, try to find out what makes u fat. ako, beer and rice. to some people, sweets/desserts make them fat. try to avoid these things nalang muna.

i prefer to do things the old fashion way. i have never drank any weight loss meds/supplements for fear of side effects.

hope this helps.

kristiansen
11-04-2009, 18:19
eric : i also got to finish my first 42.195Km marathon na last October 18 :) with a 4:56 time :) im a happy puppy

... and just gained 3 pounds. hehehe!

WOW!WOW!WOW! congrats! subic? it takes lots of sacrifice and willpower to train for the marathon.and courage to step on the starting line.I salute you!welcome to the club.BTW,there is a 10mile run in corregidor on Dec.6.see you there!:wavey:

edtf
11-04-2009, 18:37
mukhang may ma contribute ako dito from my experience.....

snip...

hope this helps.

Congrats bro!!! What you did took lots of self discipline to do!:yourock:

Wp.22
11-04-2009, 18:57
OMG fafaPio sexiness ka na ingit ako. Yayariin na naman ako ni sandoval nito pag nagkita kami. Naka tripod ba ang camera mo dyan :rofl:

ppts799
11-04-2009, 19:26
WOW!WOW!WOW! congrats! subic? it takes lots of sacrifice and willpower to train for the marathon.and courage to step on the starting line.I salute you!welcome to the club.BTW,there is a 10mile run in corregidor on Dec.6.see you there!:wavey:

THANKS! it was at the First QC International Marathon.

i didnt go to subic. grabe daw doon, no water and pitch black ang daan. so kung may nag faint due to dehydration, nobody would know til naapakan mo na siya :(

Chie
11-04-2009, 19:26
idol kita P! blow out! blow out!

Ako din Idol ko si papa P. Pa burger ka naman! :rofl:

ppts799
11-04-2009, 19:33
OMG fafaPio sexiness ka na ingit ako. Yayariin na naman ako ni sandoval nito pag nagkita kami. Naka tripod ba ang camera mo dyan :rofl:

pot : haaay naku, hindi yan nakatripod. the rule of mens health is dapat photographer nila ang mag shoot sayo. so they came to san juan to do the shoot. sana nga si birthday bot EC nalang nag shoot sa akin eh . . .

naku, may utang pa yang si mark s. sa akin! hehe!

doc EC : thanks! pero hindi mo naman kailangan magpapayat. happy birthday!! :)

chie : salamas! nakakataba ang burger :) pero seriously, in the past 6.5months, DALAWANG beses palang ako nag fastfood (McDo/Jollibee).

Wp.22
11-04-2009, 19:43
Ako din Idol ko si papa P. Pa burger ka naman! :rofl:

Good burger naman ang lapit lang nito sa inyo tapos razons halo-halo na rin

ppts799
11-04-2009, 21:38
Good burger naman ang lapit lang nito sa inyo tapos razons halo-halo na rin

oo nga no. dati hate ko ang vegie burger. ngayon only vegie burger ang order ko ;) hmmm, miss ko na yun ha. madaanan nga.

toxic
11-04-2009, 21:58
Kuya Pio..bumata ka ah.

Pizza and beer is/are another culprits , i gained 5 kgs in a month when i was on vacation, went back to the gym..glidder for 20 mins and 15 sa threadmill , lost 2 kgs in 2 1/2 weeks..i just need to work out how can i stop smoking.

ppts799
11-04-2009, 22:05
. . . kaso hindi parin ako tumatangkad. HAHAHA! :)

i used to smoke 30 sticks a day

konting kwento nun here

http://piosugayphoto.multiply.com/journal/item/1

Wp.22
11-04-2009, 22:15
Question fafaPIo humaba ba nung lumiit ang tummy mo?

ppts799
11-04-2009, 22:31
ewan, dati pa kasing mahaba eh... BWAHAHAHAHA! :tongueout::rofl:
teka, bakit ka interested? may asawa na ako ha. hehehe!

oist! nasa multipy ko ang mga babae kong pamangkin ha!

Wp.22
11-04-2009, 23:03
ewan, dati pa kasing mahaba eh... BWAHAHAHAHA! :tongueout::rofl:
teka, bakit ka interested? may asawa na ako ha. hehehe!

oist! nasa multipy ko ang mga babae kong pamangkin ha!

humaba ba yung mga t-shirt mo nung lumiit ang tummy mo diba masikip at hanging shirt pag malaki ang tummy. Ano ba iniisip mo?

ppts799
11-04-2009, 23:33
wek, wek, wek, baduyski!

since malapit na ang pasko (kainan), thought some could learn from other threads of fafa allegra

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=767403&highlight=diet

hmmm, may mali sa link ko ha. anyway, bahala na...

toxic
11-05-2009, 02:53
. . . kaso hindi parin ako tumatangkad. HAHAHA! :)

i used to smoke 30 sticks a day

konting kwento nun here

http://piosugayphoto.multiply.com/journal/item/1

aray ko para bang mag sinlake lang tayo:crying:..di bale mataas naman blood pressure ko kesa sayo :supergrin:

Valor1
11-05-2009, 07:07
galing naman ni pio nasa magazine. congrats on your new body and lifestyle.

Allegra
11-05-2009, 08:26
funyeta ang taba ko ngayon
Wala kami maid , puro kanin at longanisa lang kinakain ko the past 3 months

anyway , i'll stop eating rice bukas, start eating okra at talong and find a new maid na hindi marunong magluto at hindi selosa
train 5 days a week ulit
May gusto sumabay? I'm betting I could 2.5 inches from my waistline in a month

ppts799
11-05-2009, 19:04
funyeta ang taba ko ngayon
Wala kami maid , puro kanin at longanisa lang kinakain ko the past 3 months

anyway , i'll stop eating rice bukas, start eating okra at talong and find a new maid na hindi marunong magluto at hindi selosa
train 5 days a week ulit
May gusto sumabay? I'm betting I could 2.5 inches from my waistline in a month

kaso ang lamig ngayon sa manila, sarap matulog. hahaha! hindi ko matanggal ang last 7 pounds target ko :(

valor1 :thanks, man. sana mamaintain ang lifestyle :)

Allegra
11-05-2009, 21:34
kaso ang lamig ngayon sa manila, sarap matulog. hahaha! hindi ko matanggal ang last 7 pounds target ko :(

valor1 :thanks, man. sana mamaintain ang lifestyle :)

Ang sarap ng kanin dito sa bahay w/c we get direct from the magbubukid ng mura
2 days ko na ina avoid
Pero laking difference
Hina ko kumain pag wala rice