LDS Glockers introductions, stake and wards... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : LDS Glockers introductions, stake and wards...

BroBrandonB
02-13-2007, 15:00
Greetings! I figured that we might as well have a thread like this because there are so many LDS around GT that I don't know very well. This thread is to give a brief bio on yourself and if you are comfortable, sharing your stake and ward location.

Me first!
I'm BroBrandonB, a convert to the church of about four years now. I was married to Mrs. BBB in the Washington D.C. Temple and we currently reside in the Doylestown Ward, Philadelphia stake. I'm a young guy in my 20's finnishing an education while working full time, and volunteering with the local fire company, cub scouts, and other church-related endevours. Plan on becoming some sort of LEO in my five-year plan. I am very involved with emergency preparedness - and spend most of my time on GT in the S&P forum.
:wavey:

Who are you?

OneEyedDrunk
02-13-2007, 17:04
Hi Guys,

I'm a member of the Carrollton Stake in Texas (North Dallas area) I'm in a ward in McKinney, TX. I'm in my early thirties, and was sealed to my wife in the San Diego, CA temple. My family recently moved from CA, and I find myself in the promise land. I work in education as a teacher, and have previous law enforcement experience.
I am active in the Boy Scouts, and go to the range as much as I can. I was very yound when my parents joined the church. I don't really feel like a convert. I find myself drawn to the S&P thread here on GT as well as the Black Rifle thread. I'm glad we have a place where we can get to know each other, and discuss our issues.

:thumbsup:

Swattie
02-13-2007, 19:10
Platte City Stake Leavenworth II Ward. I have been a member for 2.5 years.

I married a member and eventually converted.

I am a Cop and a SWAT officer.

Sambolijah
02-13-2007, 20:14

Cokeman
02-13-2007, 22:06
I'm in the Santaquin 10th ward in the Santaquin Stake in Santaquin Utah. I was born a member and was sealed in the Manti Temple. I teach the 5 year olds and work at Coca-Cola in Draper. I just got a degree and I am casually looking at other jobs.

cowdawg
02-14-2007, 00:04
Cedar 15th Ward, Cedar North Stake, my Calling is Home Teacher

Well my best Calling is Dad to three wonderful daughters and dad in law to two great son in laws and grand dad to two grand daughters.

I work at SUU and am a computer geek in wranglers.

Grimsi
02-14-2007, 03:06
I am a convert, about ten years ago.

Tropicana ward, Paradise stake, Las Vegas,Nevada.

Currently inactive but not apostate.

WolverineGlock
02-14-2007, 12:21
I am a convert, joined the Church in December of 1995.
Am a member of the Ann Arbor 1st Ward, Ann Arbor Stake in South-eastern Michigan.
I am single, in my mid-30's, and am recovering from brain cancer and all the collateral damage the tumor casued. i work as the manager of a retail operation. Hope to go to law school, once my medical condition improves.

UtahBen
02-14-2007, 13:59
hasta

glock22%surfire
02-14-2007, 22:59
Hi i am from wisconsin but living in idaho going to school at BYU-Idaho. my mom converted when she was 18 my dad when he was 28 and they met at church soon after he was baptized. so i have been a member my whole life. i am going to go on my mission this fall i hope i go to british columbia or somewhere else in the pacific northwest, or western europe. my ward back home is the lake michigan ward in the milwaukee north stake and my ward in idaho is the 29th and the 1st student stake.:wavey:

WolverineGlock
02-15-2007, 09:28
I forgot to mention my current callinga: Elders Quorum Secretary.
Plus, I go i=on splits with the Elders assigned to our Ward a lot. cant loose the Ward Missionary(former calling) habits!! :):)

KyInvestigator
02-15-2007, 17:16
Here is the long and short about me....

Louisville Second Ward (formerly Third Ward...we didn't move, the Ward boundaries were redrawn!). I have been a member all my life. Married to the worlds best woman! I had the opportunity to baptize my wife after we were married. We currently serve in the Louisville Temple together. No mission secondary to health issues when I was younger. Currently serve in the HPGL. I own a private investigation agency which keeps me in trouble most of the time! :supergrin:

Sambolijah
02-15-2007, 20:30