Lcd Tv [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lcd Tv

deenoh
02-13-2007, 21:21
I'm thinking of getting an LCD TV. I'm 90% set on getting either a Sharp or a Toshiba.

I've checked other brands like LG & JVC (The quality wasn't that great), Sony (Too expensive), Samsung (I heard it breaks easily).

Any suggestions which I should get?

isuzu
02-13-2007, 21:33
I think if you want to get the best of an LCD TV, you should also get a HDTV line.

bulm540
02-13-2007, 21:39
Have you checked the panasonic plasmas? My brother has one and it is nice.

deenoh
02-13-2007, 21:47
Yup, forgot to mention the LCD's I've checked are HDTV capable. Also has HDMI input for HDMI capable players, etc.

Plasmas, from what I've heard, have a shorter life span compared to an LCD. Plus I'm going to be using the LCD for console gaming, baka ma burn out yun plasma :supergrin:

JuDGe
02-13-2007, 21:50
If ever you picked the sharp brand,try mo to contact darna,his brother works at Sharp, you might get a good price. :supergrin:

toxic
02-13-2007, 22:36
from good to best.

JVC
Philips
Sony

bulm540
02-13-2007, 22:42
here you go http://www.flattvpeople.com/tutorials/lcd-vs-plasma.asp

chocoboy
02-13-2007, 23:31
Magkano budget? And what size?

deenoh
02-13-2007, 23:32
Thanks for your input guys. Especially sa link. Very informative.

chocoboy
02-13-2007, 23:45
this might help...

http://www.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/

Oh by d way, i own 3 samsung TVs.

1. Samsung 61" DLP (3 yrs na... la pa sira)
2. Samsung HDTV capable LCD 40" http://www.samsung.com/Products/TV/LCDTV/LNS4096DXXAA.asp
(Bought it sa states... laki ng minura)
3. Samsung 29" slimfit TV.

Lahat ng samsung ok naman... for now :thumbsup:

charlie-xray
02-14-2007, 00:32
Ako from best to worst:

1. Sony 3LCD HDTV's
2. Panasonic LCD
3. Samsung LCD

deenoh
02-14-2007, 00:33
Originally posted by chocoboy
Magkano budget? And what size?

Around 70-100k, 32-37". I like the look of the Samsung but I've read a lot of negative reviews both on the net (forums) and some magazines.

3kings
02-14-2007, 00:41
Originally posted by deenoh
Around 70-100k, 32-37". I like the look of the Samsung but I've read a lot of negative reviews both on the net (forums) and some magazines.

sometime nov i bought a toshiba 42" but its a plasma. it was selling then at 167k got it at 95k at the hometheater shop located at torsedillas st. makati

get more info at www.pinoydvd.com forum

set-up mo na rin.

btw, thanks for the info dino. was there a couple of minutes. and will be back later. your guys are very accomodating.

dinggaling
02-14-2007, 00:44

deenoh,

bought a sony bravia 32 lcd last july w/ a sale price of P89t sofar ok naman, no regrets! :thumbsup:

Single Stacker
02-14-2007, 04:14
deenoh,

I bought the Samsung R7 32" last year and it is well worth it. No complaints and based on my research last year it was the best deal available here. Free cellphone and home theater and 18 months 0 interest. My kids love using it for their PS.

I find the latest Sony Bravia units best now but the price are a bit high. I guess you can still get a good package deal for the Samsung. My tip is to negotiate with Abenson, Automatic Center, Ansons because you can still get discounts and package deals other than the reflected price/package. Sa dami ng competition and available options you can demand.

Hope you get your LCD TV soon.

SingleStacker

bagito
02-14-2007, 04:28
Originally posted by dinggaling
deenoh,

bought a sony bravia 32 lcd last july w/ a sale price of P89t sofar ok naman, no regrets! :thumbsup:

+1, got the 40"bravia last summer during the world cup. here in the UK theres only 5 HD channels available so i bought a HD DVD, perfect combo for 1995 inclusive an anything happen insurance for 5 years and wall bracket and installation.:thumbsup:

deenoh
02-14-2007, 05:50
Originally posted by Single Stacker
My tip is to negotiate with Abenson, Automatic Center, Ansons because you can still get discounts and package deals other than the reflected price/package. Sa dami ng competition and available options you can demand.

Thanks! I didnt know that. Will try to haggle

batangueno
02-14-2007, 07:37
Sana mag mura na yan mga LCD and Plasma TVs para makabili na rin ako. :supergrin:

nelany
02-14-2007, 07:58
Kung Plasma or LCD High Definition you will see the best of it pag high definition din yung DVD disk at yung DVD player (HDMI).

Ang pangit if you will use this to watch TV even if its cable TV due to the signal quality (not high definition).

I'm using Sharp LC 37G1H.

saki1611
02-14-2007, 08:59
Yup, forgot to mention the LCD's I've checked are HDTV capable. Also has HDMI input for HDMI capable players, etc.

Plasmas, from what I've heard, have a shorter life span compared to an LCD. Plus I'm going to be using the LCD for console gaming, baka ma burn out yun plasma :supergrin:

most lcd/plasma tv's are hdtv capable yet we still dont have that kind of technology in our local cable networks. you would appreciate it on your dvd players with digital video output. to your question sharp or toshiba, i'd prefer toshiba. some parts of sharp (locally manufactured, don't know the imported) even the tubes are toshiba.

mtho
02-14-2007, 09:26
parang nakita ko sa window ng listening room sa megamall me sign na 67t for a hitachi 37inch plasma, dunno why but it seems that everytime I compare the prices of that store with others they seem to come out cheaper.

hitachi seems to be a good brand also, thay have a lot of brands there you can compare the quality when they run all at the same time with the same videos

bikethief
02-14-2007, 19:37
Haha! Ako rin in the market for an LCD screen! Just got a PS3 and parang gusto ko makita yung games in full HD. (I have another PS3 unit for sale sa Buy & Sell thread if anyones interestd.)

deenoh
02-14-2007, 21:12
Originally posted by bikethief
Haha! Ako rin in the market for an LCD screen! Just got a PS3 and parang gusto ko makita yung games in full HD. (I have another PS3 unit for sale sa Buy & Sell thread if anyones interestd.)

Bikethief,

Ikaw din? Damn next gen consoles. I got the Xbox 360 and the next day I wanted to get a LCD TV.