1911 Guys/Babes, Have you read and tried this? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 1911 Guys/Babes, Have you read and tried this?


Putok-Glock
02-13-2007, 21:07
Has anybody tried this idea >
http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=13060&highlight=firing+stop
O baka huli lang ako sa balita.

Django
02-13-2007, 22:18
Very interesting.

Eye Cutter
02-13-2007, 22:44
jasonub, mco and i use the squared egw fp stop. it slows down the slide at recoil for a softer recoil feel.

pag minor guns, dapat rounded yung fp stop otherwise mag stove pipe lang

elcapitan
02-13-2007, 23:01
Doc EC, i also have egw square pin stop. my question is, did you just drop it in or you made some adjustments? tnx

revo
02-13-2007, 23:09
Yes, I installed the EGW oversized FPS on several on all my Series 70 1911s - a Norinco, an Armscor HiCap and a Colt. I've got a couple more Series 80 1911s that I have to install it on when I have the time.

And yes, while it does not reduce the actual recoil energy, there is a perceptible reduction in felt recoil.

I would say this is the best $20 I ever spent on a 1911. I ordered the part already radiused from George of EGW so I didn't have to do it and screw up. You do have to call in to get the radiused part since he doesn't have it listed on his website. Even with that, the part is oversized so you still have to do some filing work to fit it in.

And if you screw up, it's just $20.

Putok-Glock
02-14-2007, 07:05
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
jasonub, mco and i use the squared egw fp stop. it slows down the slide at recoil for a softer recoil feel.

pag minor guns, dapat rounded yung fp stop otherwise mag stove pipe lang

In other words, effective talaga. Hindi naman nabubugbog ang hammer? How does it affect the longevity of the pistol?

For cal.40 1911, whats the most effective combination w/ regards to recoil spring and hammer spring weights?

Where in manila are egw fp stops available?

batangueno
02-14-2007, 07:24
In my P16, i tried several recoil spring weights and ended up with 12.5lbs. Main spring or hammer spring, i use 19lbs.

st. matthew
02-14-2007, 07:30
paul, ginagamitan mo ba ng shock buffs? if yes,what buffs do you use?
tia:)

Putok-Glock
02-14-2007, 07:35
Originally posted by st. matthew
paul, ginagamitan mo ba ng shock buffs? if yes,what buffs do you use?
tia:)

Its my understanding that w/ this set up, di mo na kailangan ang shock buff even w/ a light rec spring. Tama po ba?

batangueno
02-14-2007, 07:40
I use the Hiett Red Buffs, 0.125" thick. When the slide locks you will not be able to pull the slide to release it. The only way to release it is by pressing the slide stop.

Putok-Glock
02-14-2007, 07:47
Originally posted by batangueno
In my P16, i tried several recoil spring weights and ended up with 12.5lbs. Main spring or hammer spring, i use 19lbs.

this combination results to the least felt recoil or most reliable one or both? Pwede po kasi suabe ang rec pero di reliable. pwede rin po reliable pero medyo malakas ang sipa - hindi pa optimum ang epekto ng fps.

st. matthew
02-14-2007, 07:53
Originally posted by batangueno
I use the Hiett Red Buffs, 0.125" thick.

parehas ba ito sa wilson shok buffs?
saan mo nabili? meron ba sa atin?
sorry puros tanong:supergrin:

tia

batangueno
02-14-2007, 07:53
Originally posted by Putok-Glock
this combination results to the least felt recoil or most reliable one or both? Pwede po kasi suabe ang rec pero di reliable. pwede rin po reliable pero medyo malakas ang sipa - hindi pa optimum ang epekto ng fps.
I had no problems with reliability using different recoil spring weights. I've tried 18, 16, 14 and finally 12.5lbs which gave me the least felt recoil. I can go lower but i'm afraid that i would batter my gun too much.

batangueno
02-14-2007, 07:55
Originally posted by st. matthew
parehas ba ito sa wilson shok buffs?
saan mo nabili? meron ba sa atin?
sorry puros tanong:supergrin:

tia

Wala na Hiett yata ngayon pero pareho lang ng dimensions ng Wilson shok buffs (blue). Mas matibay nga lang kasi yung Hiett, hindi kasi tumatagal yung wilson buffs sakin.

Putok-Glock
02-14-2007, 07:59
Originally posted by batangueno
I had no problems with reliability using different recoil spring weights. I've tried 18, 16, 14 and finally 12.5lbs which gave me the least felt recoil. I can go lower but i'm afraid that i would batter my gun too much.

Thanks a lot sir, such a great help!:thumbsup:

Eye Cutter
02-14-2007, 08:22
P-G: si Laiza meron mga EGW parts. otherwise. hindi ko alam saan meron available. Online na lang.

ISMI 12.5lb recoil spring and 19lb hammer spring. I tried the 15 and 17 lb main springs pero nag-du-dud ako minsan, pero hindi extended fp gamit ko. I have an egw one-piece tungsten guide rod in my pistol. aftec extractor, bomar rear, dp 0.09 in fiber optic front sights. S&A msh/magwell, Videcki trigger. changed the orig top-end to an STI slide and Bar-sto bull barrel. I also have the Extreme Engineering Ultimate Hammer set installed.

problema na lang yung Indian!

Putok-Glock
02-14-2007, 08:32
Salamat E-C. Pero nahilo ko dun sa mods ng pistol mo. Walang ganyan sa glocks, ah!:upeyes:

Eye Cutter
02-14-2007, 09:04
actually, ang sama ng pagka fit ng slide, barrel, frame kasi yun smith ma gumawa bagito. talo pa maracas and tabingi yung fitting ng slide.

ng bumalik si shurchil sa pb, pina-refit ko ulit. ok na ngayon.

the parts i used are standard equipment for all Std Division pistols. although the EE hammer kit pinaka magandang mod gawin. ganda ng EE set, drop-in pa!

Eye Cutter
02-14-2007, 09:09
i can't find the thread sa brian enos forum about the pxt extractor and how to make a sleeve, but i'm sure our local smiths can figure out a way to make one for a regular extrractor or an aftec.

revo
02-14-2007, 12:57
Guys, if you follow the original thread in the 1911 forum, the geometry of the FPS described by the threadstarter (1911Tuner) was actually the original design by JMB until the US Army complained that it was too hard to rack the slide so JMB obliged by increasing the radius where the FPS contacts the hammer.

Little factoid for you - if you need a little convincing - that the mod will not create a negative side-effect.

You do have to have a bit of mechanical common sense when fitting the part yourself and I kinda did it by trial and error the first time on my Norinco.

More help for you 1911 enthusiasts.

jasonub
02-14-2007, 17:00
i have 2 egw fp stops coming in next week. pm me if you want one. i use egw shock buffs and cominolli shock buffs which i also have available.

my pistol is not hard to rack the slide since i have a 15 pound mainspring (on stock next week) and a 12.5 pound recoil sping (on stock now)

Im doing well on this setup and the match results show it. No jams whatsover for over 38t rounds. Unlike the mall ninjas i have encountered in some of our threads who cant shoot zit.

sorry for the rant

bulm540
02-14-2007, 17:32
Originally posted by jasonub
i have 2 egw fp stops coming in next week. pm me if you want one. i use egw shock buffs and cominolli shock buffs which i also have available.

my pistol is not hard to rack the slide since i have a 15 pound mainspring (on stock next week) and a 12.5 pound recoil sping (on stock now)

Im doing well on this setup and the match results show it. No jams whatsover for over 38t rounds. Unlike the mall ninjas i have encountered in some of our threads who cant shoot zit.

sorry for the rant
I love them mall Ninjas...thread dirft. A couple of years ago a mall Ninja showed up to shoot our USPSA match. Very vocal about his training. After the Ist stage , we did not hear a word from him. We let our shooting do all the talking.

Putok-Glock
02-14-2007, 19:59
Thanks guys. This thread is turning out to be a great learning aid for me, a freshman 1911 student. :thumbsup:

sir Jason, PM sent po. TIA

foxyyy
02-15-2007, 04:23
wats a "mall ninja"?? :dunno:

jasonub
02-15-2007, 05:48
Originally posted by foxyyy
wats a "mall ninja"?? :dunno:

click on my signature line. you will find out what a mall ninja is.

There was one that pissed me off on one of the military ranges i used to shoot regularly at. he said he can hit this and that fast and quick. can beat jethro on a shootout with his hk usp, trained with specops, was wearing bdu's with lots of patches airborn, etc etc. carrying at least 3 knives and 2 pistols. with a rifle slung behind his back, complete with camelbak, radio,phone whathaveyou sticking from his belt chest hip whatever.

My buddies asked if he can prove it and voluneered me on the shootoff. Plate rack 12 or so meters. took it down in less than 4 seconds using my 45. 3x in a row. I should have asked him if he wanted to bet.

lets just say i was finished with the 6th plate and unloading while he is busy with his third or 4th.

What a fruitcake!

bulm540
02-15-2007, 06:30
Those links are hilarious.

asian_glockster
02-15-2007, 18:12
Mall Ninjas......

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

wannabes....

jasonub
02-15-2007, 18:56
makes me wonder if they imagine they are the real thing, why dont they join the real thing.

That way they can practice what they imagine.