K.C. Young III has passed away [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : K.C. Young III has passed away

connieklr
02-14-2007, 05:57
It was just brought to my attention by a neighbor, and work associate, that K.C. Young's son, K.C. III, passed away this past Monday.

For those who do not know, K.C. is the owner/operator of the Black Creek Shooters Assoc. range in Mechanicsville.

From the Richmond Times Dispatch Obituary Column:

K.C. Young III
YOUNG K.C. Young III of Mechanicsville, passed away Monday, February 12, 2007. He is survived by his wife, Marissa Young; his parents, Kay C. and Rosalie (Tini) Young; brother, Mark Young and wife, Marsha; three nieces, Ashley, Brittany and Kelsey Young; several aunts, uncles and cousins. The family will receive friends 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, February 14 at the Mechanicsville Chapel, Bennett Funeral Home, 8014 Lee-Davis Rd., and where services will be held 1 p.m. Thursday. Interment Forest Lawn Cemetery.

Guy Young
No Relation
BCSA Member

Rec4LMS
02-14-2007, 19:39
Originally posted by connieklr
It was just brought to my attention by a neighbor, and work associate, that K.C. Young's son, K.C. III, passed away this past Monday.

For those who do not know, K.C. is the owner/operator of the Black Creek Shooters Assoc. range in Mechanicsville.

From the Richmond Times Dispatch Obituary Column:

K.C. Young III
YOUNG K.C. Young III of Mechanicsville, passed away Monday, February 12, 2007. He is survived by his wife, Marissa Young; his parents, Kay C. and Rosalie (Tini) Young; brother, Mark Young and wife, Marsha; three nieces, Ashley, Brittany and Kelsey Young; several aunts, uncles and cousins. The family will receive friends 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, February 14 at the Mechanicsville Chapel, Bennett Funeral Home, 8014 Lee-Davis Rd., and where services will be held 1 p.m. Thursday. Interment Forest Lawn Cemetery.

Guy Young
No Relation
BCSA Member

My sympathies to his family. While I have not been to the range recently, I had enjoyed my conversations with him. If anyone wishes to send cards to the family, PM me and I will PM you their contact information.
Please note that the range is currently closed due to his passing but it should reopen on Friday.

JohnBT
02-18-2007, 19:19
That's sad news. Sorry to hear it.

Thanks for posting it though. I've been out of town for 5 weeks taking care of my parents, and moving them into assisted living, and haven't been by Black Creek recently - or any range for that matter.

John

CajunBass
03-09-2007, 00:44
Well I'll be.

I grew up in the Black Creek area, and used to run around with "KC" Young a little bit. Any idea how old he was? (I'm 55.) He was a couple years younger than I am. I don't know if this was him, or perhaps his son.

Rec4LMS
03-09-2007, 13:21
Originally posted by CajunBass
Well I'll be.

I grew up in the Black Creek area, and used to run around with "KC" Young a little bit. Any idea how old he was? (I'm 55.) He was a couple years younger than I am. I don't know if this was him, or perhaps his son.

If I had to guess, I would say he was in his 40's. I was under the impression that he did not have any children, but I may be misinformed.

CajunBass
03-11-2007, 12:08
Thanks. That would be the KC I knew. He was a few years younger than I am, but there weren't many boys in the neighborhood in those days, so we all tended to run together from time to time. I also remembered that he had a brother named Mark, who the obituary mentions.

Sorry to hear that.