Good price on a GP100 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Good price on a GP100

Indy_Guy_77
02-14-2007, 15:23
For anyone interested:

Wanamaker Guns (on Southeastern Ave) has a slightly used Ruger GP100, stainless, 3" bbl, bobbed hammer (factory job), tight lock-up, for only $289. Looks to my untrained eye to be 95%+

-J-

epsylum
02-14-2007, 16:42
If it is in good working shape, I say buy it.

GP-100s are tanks and shoot well to boot.

Indy_Guy_77
02-14-2007, 16:49
But I don't wanna buy it! hehe

I want a .357, yes. The price on a great GP100 is excellent.

BUT, I don't want a GP100 with a bobbed hammer. ;)

This was posted as more of a "PSA" than anything.

-J-

KSFreeman
02-15-2007, 14:29
You can buy and put a new hammer on it.:)

Note to shelf: get to Indy more to buy guns.

StockGlock23
02-20-2007, 09:20
Man I would be on that like a fat kid on a cupcake if it was not 3 hours away. I am getting my dad a revolver as a gift since he finally agreed to go get his CCW and learn to shoot again. He stopped shooting a while back for finacial reasons and I finally convinced him to get back on board.

KSFreeman
02-20-2007, 10:53
I'm wondering, why are guns seemingly cheaper in Indy? We are starving for guns here in Mayberry. Is it the bigger market that keeps prices down?

R. Emmelman
02-20-2007, 11:39
Originally posted by KSFreeman
I'm wondering, why are guns seemingly cheaper in Indy? We are starving for guns here in Mayberry. Is it the bigger market that keeps prices down?
Yes, bigger market. The Chicago gangs keep the volume up (at least at one place we all know and love.) :devildance:

Indy_Guy_77
02-20-2007, 19:37
If I had the werewithal to replace a revolver hammer by myself, I might consider it!

But with the price of the firearm, plus the price of the hammer (probably negligible), and then the price for a 'smith to install it for me...I'm past my limit. I could always have the work done later, I suppose, but if/when I buy a revolver, I want to be able to shoot it SA right out of the proverbial box. :supergrin:

One of these days I'll spend some money at Wanamaker. Some really nice folks in there, aye.

Maybe I'll buy more than a HiPower mag out at PSS, too...if Steve is nice to me. HAH! :rofl:

usaf207cwf
02-20-2007, 20:52
Originally posted by Indy_Guy_77
If I had the werewithal to replace a revolver hammer by myself, I might consider it!

But with the price of the firearm, plus the price of the hammer (probably negligible), and then the price for a 'smith to install it for me...I'm past my limit. I could always have the work done later, I suppose, but if/when I buy a revolver, I want to be able to shoot it SA right out of the proverbial box. :supergrin:

One of these days I'll spend some money at Wanamaker. Some really nice folks in there, aye.

Maybe I'll buy more than a HiPower mag out at PSS, too...if Steve is nice to me. HAH! :rofl:

Just ask Bob to tell you the watch story. Steve might chase you out to your car with a pitchfork...

:thumbsup: :horsey: :treadmill: :ambulance:

IndyGunFreak
02-20-2007, 20:56
Originally posted by KSFreeman

Brady Bunch answer... Because dealers know there are lots and lots of criminals who want guns w/o background checks at gunshows. ;)

Real answer.. Supply and Demand baby.. :)

Thats a great price on the GP100. If I didn't already have one in Blue that is in great condition, I might buy it. My GP100 and Taurus M66SS have both broken in quite a few new shooters.

Tough to beat a .38 for showing a new shooter what a "real" gun will feel like when they shoot it(note, not a .22). Let em shoot 38's till they are comfortable, then toss some magnums in there and let them play with the bigboys.. ;)

IGF