Concealed carry at Mad River Mountain? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Concealed carry at Mad River Mountain?

Setzer77
02-14-2007, 16:32
Should be going with the family here in the next week or so, I was wondering if it would be a supremely bad idea to carry there (no intention of going to the adult-alcohol serving lounge), but wasn't sure if there were some kind of signage, or if the whole are is considered off limits?

shooterwolf
02-15-2007, 08:59
Do you have lanyard for pistol? Concealed skiing seems like a good way to lose your gun.

Shooterwolf.

Setzer77
02-15-2007, 11:06
lol, losing the pistol wasn't the issue, we were going inner tubing anyhow. My issue was whether I'd get arrested and tossed in jail under felony firearms posession.

Tangus999
02-26-2007, 00:24
i am an employee/instructor at brandwine and boston mills(sister skiing resort owned by the same people) and no where are there any signs say that you can not carry

even tubign is a bad idea carrying unless you have a "special" holster

BB62
02-28-2007, 09:28
Originally posted by Setzer77
Should be going with the family here in the next week or so, I was wondering if it would be a supremely bad idea to carry there (no intention of going to the adult-alcohol serving lounge), but wasn't sure if there were some kind of signage, or if the whole are is considered off limits?

It seems like it is your choice, but if you carry *on your person* I feel you are responsible in four ways:

1) for injuries to yourself, if you were to fall on your gun
2) for injuries to others if your gun somehow goes off due to the physical manipulations of the activity
3) for potential injuries (physical or mental) to yourself and/or others if your gun becomes dislodged and available to a minor or gun-ignorant adult
4) to all of us RKBA people for the negatives which would be associated with all of us for not deeply considering the prior points.

BB62