Is FED selling information about gunowners? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Is FED selling information about gunowners?

darwin25
02-15-2007, 00:10
Earlier today I received a call from a certain "Willie" of "Big Len" daw or whatever. He said they are an accredited FA dealer. The guy knows every information about my guns down to the serial numbers and when they were supposed to expire and offering his services to assist in renewing my FA licenses. He doesn't want to admit how did he get my information but I hav cornered him into admitting he got it from FED. What the hell is FED doing bringing out information about gunowners to private individuals? Are they out of their minds?:steamed:

Here is the number of the guy who called me: 687-2276

cznayr
02-15-2007, 00:20
That's a bit discomforting.. I'll try to snoop around and ask my contacts if indeed FED as an organization did that or just some unscrupulous employees... It has not happened to me yet... Dami mo kasing baril bro kaya naisip na pagkakitaan ka hehe Seriously, this is a concern for us gun owners...

darwin25
02-15-2007, 00:26
That's not a bit for me bro. Knowing that someone out there whom I dont even know knows every detail about the guns that I and my family members own. I already informed deenoh about it and he said he will ask around too.

9MX
02-15-2007, 00:37
bad trip yan ah:shocked:

buti na lang hindi ganyan sa LTO, walang fixer na tatawag para sa registration renewal ng Simba ko:supergrin:

revo
02-15-2007, 00:41
You guys are screwed. Confiscation na ang susunod.

gundog
02-15-2007, 01:27
actually i got a letter if im not mistaken from someone by that name or similiar to that. they were offering their services in licensing, registration, ptt etc. its also the first for me to receive a letter from a gun dealer or something to thea effect. but i just did a dunk into the wastebasket for a big 2. never heard from them since:supergrin:

s.g
02-15-2007, 01:41
Happened to me also... but that was years ago, definitely more than 2 years ago pa. Got a letter from our mailbox, which I promptly ignored.

jimbullet
02-15-2007, 02:15
Indeed a letter 2 years ago was sent to me as well and I also ignored the same. However, thinking about it now, that they have more than just our names and addresses is freightening.

deenoh
02-15-2007, 02:33
I've brought your concerns up with FED earlier today. Hope to hear back from them soon.

darwin25
02-15-2007, 02:39
Thanks deenoh:)

blueeagle
02-15-2007, 03:34
there is nothing sinister naman siguro. this is just another example of the Pinoys' abilidad! the same thing is happening on thew internet. sabi nga nila, a pinoy can even make a dried fish swim!!!

jojo_G19
02-15-2007, 04:36
about 4 years ago.. i have seen a copy of all firearm owner in out region, it includes their respective FAs, addresses and serial numbers pati na rin ang expiration date ng licenses. i knew na galing un sa FED, where else can thay get such data. and guess kung kanino ko nakita......

... sa naglalakad ng mga renwelas ko, he says he has contacts sa FED :supergrin:

if that list fall into the wrong hands.. were doomed :shocked:

maskytrading
02-15-2007, 05:07
Originally posted by blueeagle
there is nothing sinister naman siguro. this is just another example of the Pinoys' abilidad! the same thing is happening on thew internet. sabi nga nila, a pinoy can even make a dried fish swim!!!

I agree with your observation...might be a case of the usual "fixcals" offering services to facilitate or "walk" the renewals...however, this is "business espionage" which IMO is illegal...info about the gun and owner should be private and for the consumption of FED only...Darwin, I think you should consider reporting this to a "friendly" FED connect.

zorkd
02-15-2007, 06:07
i once received mail from the FED reminding me to renew the license on one of my firearms. i took care of it and never got any mail from them since.

this incident, sir darwin, is appalling. i support entrepreneurship but when the government sells or provides for free (right) this supposedly privileged (lawbook citation needed) information to private enterprise, then something is totally wrong.

confiscation, well, it could happen any time, MOLON LABE! but seriously, to deputize a private enterprise to do so would not be the way it will most likely happen, if it does happen it will be no knock warrants done by the government's storm troopers.

wunder9
02-15-2007, 06:11
I also received a letter offer from Big Lens Enterprises for license renewal services. It was signed by a Maj. Bernie Miaque (PAR). I thought the service fees were outrageous and ignored it.

darwin25
02-15-2007, 08:19

Maybe. But I'd rather assume that there is. And I don't like the idea that someone I dont know or even care to know has sensitive information about me. Those kind of information can be used against me illegally. I wouldn't be comfortable knowing someone out there besides the gov't knows all of my guns and my tools and my capability to defend my home. Is that guy trying to hold me hostage with information he has about me? And wunder9 received a letter signed by a supposedly Maj. Bernie Miaque for a private company? What? Is that suppose to make us tremble and subscribe to their service or else?

revo
02-15-2007, 08:26
Ehem..cough ....(GMA addresses the nation on all TV channels)...

'I declare, as President of the Republic of the Philippines, under the authority granted by the Constitution, that I'm signing executive order 1091 authorizing the Philippine military to confiscate all guns owned by private citizens - especially that notorious group called 'Band of Glockers' who are just, frankly, a pain in the ass and a bunch of dirty old men. Your guns now belong to the Republic of the Philippines. We must always remember that gun ownership is incompatible with a free Republic and is a privilege not a right.'

(GMA looks at the camera and raises her finger..)

'BOGS, I'm gonna getcha guns. The government knows who owns what and where you sleep...'

(GMA exits the stage to thundering applause of a grateful nation that is now safer because the BOGS have been disarmed)

Kaiser Soze
02-15-2007, 08:39
Originally posted by revo

'I declare, as President of the Republic of the Philippines, under the authority granted by the Constitution, that I'm signing executive order 1091 authorizing the Philippine military to confiscate all guns owned by private citizens - especially that notorious group called 'Band of Glockers' who are just, frankly, a pain in the ass and a bunch of dirty old men. Your guns now belong to the Republic of the Philippines. We must always remember that gun ownership is incompatible with a free Republic and is a privilege not a right.'

'BOGS, I'm gonna getcha guns. The government knows who owns what and where you sleep...'

(GMA exits the stage to thundering applause of a grateful nation that is now safer because the BOGS have been disarmed)

This is never going to happen, she's actually going to declare gun amnesty after the elections.

elcapitan
02-15-2007, 08:39
i also received a letter like gundog and was also called at home. i was dumbfounded where they got my contact info

9MX
02-15-2007, 09:21
Originally posted by Kaiser Soze
This is never going to happen, she's actually going to declare gun amnesty after the elections.

malay mo:supergrin:

seriously, GMA declared the amnesty since late last year which is odd considering everyone knew gunban na by Jan 13 07.

saki1611
02-15-2007, 09:26
correct me if i'm wrong, though i don't agree to this idea. sad to say all our informations about our firearms is considered as public documents which therefore can not be treated as confidential nor private documents and can be scrutinized with anyone with proper request to the authority, provided the request is justifiable. any company such as Big Len, who would make a request and offer "help" to follow up on license renewal which on the other hand will benefit the interests of FED, would of course then be given that privilege. and so it happened...:sad:

ilocano
02-15-2007, 10:16
Originally posted by saki1611
correct me if i'm wrong, though i don't agree to this idea. sad to say all our informations about our firearms is considered as public documents which therefore can not be treated as confidential nor private documents and can be scrutinized with anyone with proper request to the authority, provided the request is justifiable. any company such as Big Len, who would make a request and offer "help" to follow up on license renewal which on the other hand will benefit the interests of FED, would of course then be given that privilege. and so it happened...:sad:

is it?
What will constitute a "justifiable" request in this case then? All along, I thought this can only be done by virtue of a court order.. yikes!

deenoh
02-15-2007, 17:15
Saki's right. Dealers, Government agents, etc. can ask for your file given that you provide FED with a reason in writing why you need the person's file. Pero in order to get it, dapat you need to know at least the person's name or the gun's serial number or the license number.

Sa case ni darwin25 and the others, I dont know how they got their details if they did not know what to ask for when requesting for the records. Unless at random ang kinukuha nila.

Django
02-15-2007, 17:21
I personally know Maj. Bernie Miaque. He's in the reserves.

gundog
02-15-2007, 17:40
Originally posted by Django

deal or no deal...... :supergrin:

mistahglock17
02-15-2007, 17:54
Originally posted by revo

:laughabove: :animlol: :animlol: :animlol: :rofl:

NEXT SCENE: you're watching your regular news program and there goes GMA again doing another speech. At the background you notice the PSG carrying your blaster/para/STI. :animlol: :animlol:

mikey177
02-15-2007, 18:02
Originally posted by Django

Perhaps you could get his side on this issue, if possible. Not that it would put me at ease, but at least it would give us a fuller picture of how and why he was able to obtain information on private gun owners.

Sad to say, in the Philippines, privacy isn't such a big deal, especially when there's a buck to be made.

mistahglock17
02-15-2007, 18:07
Originally posted by Kaiser Soze
WOW! that sounds good. time to do some M16 shopping in cotabato:animlol:

Django
02-15-2007, 18:53
Originally posted by mikey177
Perhaps you could get his side on this issue, if possible. Not that it would put me at ease, but at least it would give us a fuller picture of how and why he was able to obtain information on private gun owners.

Sad to say, in the Philippines, privacy isn't such a big deal, especially when there's a buck to be made.

Oh, I know very very well how and where he could have possibly gotten the list Mikey. As to the why, I think there is nothing sinister in his motives. Knowing him, it will be purely business.

choi_tan2000
02-15-2007, 18:55
well to sir darwin and others na natawagan and nasulatan nung dealer daw i think it is better to have a black and white letter to FED re: this matter so it could be clarified.. and hopefully maprotect and information about gun owners and our information..

ya i think its a public docuents but even FED/PNP are so carefull in approving firearms dealers license because of security.. and i think its their duty and mandate also that this infomation about gun owners will be protected to from insurgent and BG..

i gave the exmaple on dealership kasi they are so particular in peace in order in the area which meeans they dont want insurgents and BG to have access on legal guns.. i think they will protect us too..

pls write them. pls. i think maybe some staff in FED give this details but not FED as an institution itself sir's..

lets put this in writing so they could do something legaly too.

if this company has a valit and legal reason how they got our info from FED fine. but if not ??? somebody has to be punishhed in their lines.

good day

saki1611
02-15-2007, 18:58
Originally posted by deenoh
Saki's right. Dealers, Government agents, etc. can ask for your file given that you provide FED with a reason in writing why you need the person's file. Pero in order to get it, dapat you need to know at least the person's name or the gun's serial number or the license number.

Sa case ni darwin25 and the others, I dont know how they got their details if they did not know what to ask for when requesting for the records. Unless at random ang kinukuha nila.

big len probably has its "contact" inside, they could have asked lists of gun owners which license/ptc/ptt are about to expire on a particular month without asking for names, which is possible based on the computerized records of FED. well that's one advantage and disadvantage of computerization. :upeyes:

Django
02-15-2007, 19:06
Originally posted by gundog
deal or no deal...... :supergrin:

Depende sa Banker. Pag si Pogi ang Banker - forget it.

I'd rather go home and sleep.

I will never forget or forgive him for shooting the mover with his open gun 5X and not even hitting the target stand. :shocked:

Ang dami pa namang audience when it happened. :rofl: :rofl:

Oo nga pala. Where are the vids for last Saturday's shoot?

isuzu
02-15-2007, 20:58

There is definitely something sinister in what happened to Darwin. Gun licenses' information are supposed to be secure, and only you, the FED, and probably the gunstore you bought the firearm know that.

And to be precise as to the details of the kinds of firearms, serial numbers, and expiry dates is very disturbing! That info definitely came from somebody inside FED.

ppts799
02-15-2007, 20:58
i also got a letter offering services around 2 months ago. i'm bot sure if it's the same company.

ok, so the request to see the file should have a reason written down. but is sales/marketing a valid reason enough? i don't know, what do you guys think?

i heard amnesty has been approved, but the date hasnt been set yet. still waiting . . .

isuzu
02-15-2007, 21:09
Originally posted by saki1611

Yes, they are public documents, but nobody could just take your information as they wish. They're supposed to be secure, but readily available when needed in court cases, etc.

Just like our Social Insurance Numbers here in Canada. They are public documents, but the government can't just release it to anybody without your written permission.

Does the Philippines already have a Privacy Law or Privacy Act?

i_am_infinity
02-16-2007, 12:23
Same here...my dad got a letter also with all the details of his toys and it's really alarming if i may say so...it's a public document indeed but it shouldn't be for the benefit of "BUSINESSMEN" tama si choi this should be addressed by FED.

charlie-xray
02-18-2007, 03:56
Then were all DOOMED if this is already happening, I suggest we barricade our houses with 10ft high walls and stock up on ammo in the thousands of rounds lock and loaded with Halo2 backups concealed then prepare for ground assault..........hehehehe watching too much 24.

Ibanag76
02-18-2007, 05:10
I just bought my new glock 19 last year all papers are ready with ptc na, paano ko malalaman kung naka-registered ako sa fed?

bunganga
02-18-2007, 20:12
Makes a lot of sense....

Gagamitin muna sa election violence atsaka ibebenta sa iba.

Nagamit na, nailusot pa, and kumita pa!!!

Da best! :thumbsup:

Vault Keeper
02-19-2007, 03:56
Nakakatakot naman yan!:shocked:

I remeber the reason why I bought my first gun (good excuse kay mrs. :supergrin: ) was when someone called our house telling hte helper that they know what time we go out and go home, what car we are using etc.

If you ask me, that really sounds porky...:supergrin: ( pasensya na year of the oink oink eh :pig: )

Happy new year to all pala...Kong Hei Fat Choy!

ppts799
02-19-2007, 20:08
i don't remember seeing details about the firearm, like make, cal., model, etc.

it seems only the name and address is given out.

5zero
02-28-2007, 09:13
Darwin,

Actually it's true of pinoy abilidad. Being familiar with FED Licensing & Branch Operations, there are business minded people with friends in the licensing that has an access in to computer to get some names and contact no. to have at least an income, specially to some delinquent FA owners.

Though it sounds bad of knowing our personal info., I think they just want to earn and "help kuno" of assisting. They price so high from normal. Kaya lang pick up and deliver if you want.

But if you don;t like their services, just ignore of tawad sagad to the bone ang gawin mo.

Regards, a friend somewhere

vega
02-28-2007, 09:20
5zero - Ang tagal mong sleeper ah. Welcome to the forum.

isuzu
03-12-2007, 19:22
Is the Bernie Miaque mentioned in this post running for governor of Guimaras?

http://www.visayandailystar.com/2007/March/12/fromdcenter.htm

neil
03-14-2007, 07:21
Originally posted by isuzu
Is the Bernie Miaque mentioned in this post running for governor of Guimaras?

http://www.visayandailystar.com/2007/March/12/fromdcenter.htm

Yes sir,he's the one.He also unsuccessfully ran for councilor of Iloilo City before.

Has his hands into a lot of things - car wash, car aircon repair, piyaya and other pasalubongs, porterage, security detection and investigation, print media, pay parking, etc. etc. etc.

A very colorful guy.:upeyes: