Attorney Recommendations [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Attorney Recommendations

dst10spr97
02-15-2007, 05:49
I posted a thread regarding how to go about finding an attorney. So I thought I'd post a message on the state boards and get some specific recommendations. What attorney's would you call/recommend if you were involved in a self defense shooting? Particularly those who live in Atlanta or close to the area.

lionelhutz
02-15-2007, 21:02
I'm an attorney in Atlanta, but a self-defense shooting is not something I would handle. Generally speaking the best way to find an attorney is to talk to friends, family, business associates, etc. who have had dealings with attorneys and who can recommend one to you. If that fails, call the State Bar of Georgia and ask them to recommend one to you.

MalumProhibitum
03-01-2007, 16:55
lionelhutz, one more attorney would come in handy over at GCO (http://www.georgiacarry.org/)!

:thumbsup:

MalumProhibitum
03-01-2007, 16:58
To the original poster: I would recommend a darn good criminal defense attorney. People think you need a Second Amendment lawyer or a firearms rights advocate, but the truth is that you need an exerienced criminal defense attorney who has handled self defense issues in the past. They do not come cheap, and they typically do not work by the hour, and they typically want money up front (who is going to pay them after the client is in jail?).

rgregoryb
03-06-2007, 19:49
Walt Britt in Buford, GA....a sleazy pony tailed defense atty, despised by most police officers (I did, but now retired) but one hell of an attorney. He would be the ONE I would call . (sleazy used in the lawyer sense)