Can you explain to me about the County sticker for your car window? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Can you explain to me about the County sticker for your car window?

Dan
02-15-2007, 17:04
Went to the Bedford County building today and I bought a sticker for the car. I don't understand why they gave me a 2006 sticker and the lady told me I will recieve a 2007 sticker in April? Kind of late for 2007 but I guess thats how they do things...

Anyway, what the hell is that sticker for anyway?

The lady told me it has to do with my registraion? I dont understand?

Fungunner
02-15-2007, 18:20
It's a way of extorting additional tax money from you. I don't know if every county, town or city has them, but if you live and drive in the county, town or city, they will require you to register your vehicle there yearly. Some even have the same set up for boats and planes.

Catbird
02-15-2007, 18:36
The sticker provides proof that your vehicle is legally registered in your county of residence and that you paid your vehicle personal property tax (PPT).

TScottW99
02-15-2007, 18:54
At least you still get a sticker. Christiansburg did away with the decal, but still charge you a $20 decal fee for each vehicle :steamed:

I can not stand the car tax anyway you cut it.

watsoncb
02-15-2007, 21:23
Ah yes our personal property car tax. In Fairfax County (northern Virginia) we get to pay the tax, but we stopped having the buy the darn window sticker (an extra $25).

The only sweet part is that surrounding county and city ticket writers now have to wonder? Are they from Fairfax Co?

:tempted:

bulwaagh
02-16-2007, 09:32
Originally posted by TScottW99
At least you still get a sticker. Christiansburg did away with the decal, but still charge you a $20 decal fee for each vehicle :steamed:

I can not stand the car tax anyway you cut it.

yeah, just don't head into Charlottesville without the sticker. The Parking Gestapo will get you! :rofl: