Special Operations as an Officers? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Special Operations as an Officers?

DSM1290
02-16-2007, 19:28
Sorry, with all the dumb Special Ops questions, but are all Special Operations Officers, Seal? Or are they two different things? Or are they the same? Thanks

VAshooter
03-02-2007, 13:46
The officers in the SEAL community have to go through the same qualification as do the enlisted SEAL's

DSM1290
03-02-2007, 17:25
I don't want to be a Seal is the thing. I'm asking if Special Ops. means Seal?

03-04-2007, 14:24
Originally posted by DSM1290
I don't want to be a Seal is the thing. I'm asking if Special Ops. means Seal?

No, it does not. Special Operations officers have 114x series designators; they do EOD and mud diving, and used to command salvage vessels such as USS Grasp. During the Cold War they were also involved in the nuclear weapons business.

DSM1290
03-04-2007, 14:47
Thank you for the info.

desertram800
03-06-2007, 02:25
in the navy you can go SEAL, SWCC, EOD, DIVER, or the new RIVERINE. the SEALs are the most elite and combat trained, the rest are more support units that also may see combat. As an officer, you'd be treated harsher throughout training due to the fact that you would be making desicions that could mean the difference between life and death. You were asking about navy law enforcement in the other post, I'm Navy police so if you have any questions feel free to ask me. We're not by any means special forces, but the role of MA's (Master at Arms) is changing now with the riverine units, and the Mobile Security Detatchments, an IA's with other combat units, that they have even made a new warfare device for us. If you don't want to be a SEAL or SWCC or EOD or something, Master-at-Arms is the way to go. We are pretty much the navy's ground-and-pound foot troops, the new land sailors!