AK Build Party [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : AK Build Party

Rhandhali
02-16-2007, 20:20
Since the M1 carbines from the CMP have been delayed I've been kicking around the idea of trying to put together a parts kit.

Would anyone be interested getting together to rent some of the tools, if we could find shop space?

Rhandhali
02-20-2007, 16:29
So nobody's interested?

TeamSpringfield
02-20-2007, 17:34
Hello...
There used to be several build parties in the area some out at Knob Creek Range...

Last year, I think it was in South Carolina the ATF sent under cover people to a build party that was promoted through a gun related forum and the organizers and participants were held accountable on compliance issues, one builder was a felon, and the organizers were charged with doing the building with out a liscence and people leaving with out serial numbering the Flats.

I think the ATF doing this is Bull$hi%....

You may have noticed the popularity of build parties has fallen off in the last year... You may want to try some of the AK forums and do a search for the threads I am refering to.. I may have some of the facts wrong.

Try this Link it has helped me through my personal builds...
http://gunsgutsandgod.com/SBS%20tutorial.htm

TS

Rhandhali
02-20-2007, 17:37
Originally posted by TeamSpringfield
Hello...
There used to be several build parties in the area some out at Knob Creek Range...

Last year, I think it was in South Carolina the ATF sent under cover people to a build party that was promoted through a gun related forum and the organizers and participants were held accountable on compliance issues, one builder was a felon, and the organizers were charged with doing the building with out a liscence and people leaving with out serial numbering the Flats.

I think the ATF doing this is Bull$hi%....

You may have noticed the popularity of build parties has fallen off in the last year... You may want to try some of the AK forums and do a search for the threads I am refering to.. I may have some of the facts wrong.

Try this Link it has helped me through my personal builds...
http://gunsgutsandgod.com/SBS%20tutorial.htm

TS

I hadn't heard that, that does indeed suck. I appreciate the link though.

cwshootersupply
02-20-2007, 21:30
I helped with a few of those AK builds and would suggest that you do put some numbers and marks on your gun if you use a flat.
Some commercial recievers have issues with quality etc. if you go that route.

CEW

Rhandhali
02-20-2007, 21:32
Originally posted by cwshootersupply
I helped with a few of those AK builds and would suggest that you do put some numbers and marks on your gun if you use a flat.
Some commercial recievers have issues with quality etc. if you go that route.

CEW

I've heard good things about Ohio Ordnance Works, confirm/deny?

cwshootersupply
02-20-2007, 21:35
One of my customers he used two of those to build on. The worst trouble he had was getting me to push out the rivets on his parts kit:)

Yes pretty good

TeamSpringfield
02-21-2007, 13:21
DC industries I feel makes the Best AK reciever out there. The premium recievers are top notch. I ordered the custom serial number to match my kits and had the recievers blued.

Yes they are pricey but you get what you pay for.... I have had no problems with Warped recievers, mis-alligned rails, or mis matched trunion holes.

TS